• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New route released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Not that new (is it Jim? ;)). It took me quite a while to remember where to start braking for a smooth stop into the first station :oops: Very nice route though :)

The Snap

Established Member
Is this the one that was available for BVE2 a while back? Will it work in BVE4> :smile:

Jordy

Established Member
I'm not sure if it was for BVE2 originally, Jim or Dennis will answer that, however, I do know that it certainly works in BVE4 and is well worth a look! :)

hinko

hi guys, this new route maplestead won't work for me,it seems there is alot of files missing and i've tried various ways of installing it. it looks like it is objects that are missing. disapointedly hinko.:sad:

Jim

Established Member
I'm not sure if it was for BVE2 originally, Jim or Dennis will answer that, however, I do know that it certainly works in BVE4 and is well worth a look! :)

Was relesed for BVE2 but update is for Version4

Jordy

Established Member
I'm pleased to announce that Maplestead can now be found on southtpe :)

I have created 3 easy to use .exe files to make it simpler to install the route, just download the files and run the installer, then you're ready to go!

Head over to

http://southtpe.co.uk/maplestead.htm

Thanks to Dennis for allowing me to do this :)

Cheers

Jordy

Mintona

Established Member
Merr! It kinda works, I just can't see any signals or AWS magnets. Everything's in the right place. Ahh well. Route looks phenomenal, I just have to turn off the safety systems to drive it!

Dennis

Established Member
Merr! It kinda works, I just can't see any signals or AWS magnets. Everything's in the right place. Ahh well. Route looks phenomenal, I just have to turn off the safety systems to drive it!

I would hazard a guess that the directories to which the downloaded files have been installed to are not consistent; common directory structures for BVE files may be...

c/program files/mackoy/bve/railway....(object sound and route subdirectories each containing individual directories corresponding to each route) - possibly the most common setup.

or (as I and some others use)

c:/program files/bve/railway....(object, sound and route subdirectories each containing individual directories corresponding to each route)

Both of these are equally valid - it does not matter what directory structure is above /bve.

If the signals and AWS magnets are not appearing in the route I would suspect that the BRSIGS objects are missing from the parent object directory containing the maplestead objects; i.e. both

..../maplestead for BVE4

and

..../BRSIGS

must appear in the same object directory.

Confusing, but similar problems arise for someone every time a route is released and it should not be to difficult to move the object,sound and route directories (just cut and paste) so that a single consistent directory structure is present.

You may find the directory structure outlined in this guide by helpful.

hinko

having seen jordy's message and going to his sight,i can now run this route and what realism,bve just goes from strength to strength.thanks jordy and well done to dennis.>brilliant:grin::grin: hinko.

The Snap

Established Member
Great route, love the photoreal textures that feature in it, especially the track. Really good for the 158/170/HST. :D

Great effort!

Boxcars

Hello Dennis,

I’ve got to say that this new Maplestead route of yours for BVE 4 is fantastic. I really love it. You might (or might not ;) ) remember that I praised your Clarendon route for BVE 4 earlier in the year. The thing is, with my integrated graphics, both the Clarendon and Maplestead routes are the most enjoyable (fps wise = 15+ = I’m very happy :thumblef:) on my computer when running BVE 4. So thank you very much for sharing both with us.

Kind regards,

Neil

P.S. Thanks also to mparsonz for posting about this, and thanks also to Jordy for Dennis’s permitted help with the downloading.

P.P.S. I was a very keen downloader of BVE 2.6.3 routes and I don't recall this one . . . although it was implied in this thread that it was available. How come I missed the original?. :scratch:

Dennis

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback and compliments everyone; as always, a pleasure to build it.

More diagrams to follow - need some weather variations and there is another 25km already built (although a lot of detaling work needs to be completed).

Regarding the light engine move - somewhere in the old news on my website, I did suggest how the 37/4 might be modified to make it more sprightly, with performance more akin to that of a light engine (by changing the .dat file; more details here ).

voyagerdude220

Established Member
This is simply one of the best routes I've ever driven, on BVE4, and i'm very thankful to Dennis and Jordy for their joint effort, for creating the new .exe files on the South TPE website, as I tried to download the previous "un.exe" files earlier this week, and just ended up with confused looking files, and no where to put them.

I've tried the first two diagrams, but confess to using the BRR10 facility, to swap them both for Voyagers, without tilt, to make it a Class 220, and completely missed the very first diagram's first booked stop, after running non-stop through the first intermediate station.. (I arrived around 12:13/12:14 instead of 12:19/12:20, with the Voyager's immense accleration)

Second trip was Voyager vice 37, which I had a SPAD in... I knew it was coming, so just slammed into emergency, and would have stopped if i wasn't doing 80 towards a red. :lol: (Even if i was doing 60, the Voyager's brakes would have easily stopped me in time)

Anyway.. A Very High Quality Route, which is just what i'm looking for, as it includes a very good quantity of high speed running, but importantly also has proper PSRs where suitable, and also the odd yellow and red for good measure.

Well Done!

devon_metro

Established Member
This is simply one of the best routes I've ever driven, on BVE4, and i'm very thankful to Dennis and Jordy for their joint effort, for creating the new .exe files on the South TPE website, as I tried to download the previous "un.exe" files earlier this week, and just ended up with confused looking files, and no where to put them.

I've tried the first two diagrams, but confess to using the BRR10 facility, to swap them both for Voyagers, without tilt, to make it a Class 220, and completely missed the very first diagram's first booked stop, after running non-stop through the first intermediate station.. (I arrived around 12:13/12:14 instead of 12:19/12:20, with the Voyager's immense accleration)

Second trip was Voyager vice 37, which I had a SPAD in... I knew it was coming, so just slammed into emergency, and would have stopped if i wasn't doing 80 towards a red. :lol: (Even if i was doing 60, the Voyager's brakes would have easily stopped me in time)

Anyway.. A Very High Quality Route, which is just what i'm looking for, as it includes a very good quantity of high speed running, but importantly also has proper PSRs where suitable, and also the odd yellow and red for good measure.

Well Done!

How did you arrive so early!

I was following a yellow on 3 aspect signalling the much more rateable 47 ;)

voyagerdude220

Established Member
How did you arrive so early!

I was following a yellow on 3 aspect signalling the much more rateable 47 ;)

I was as well. (Just to clarify that I specifically DIDN'T alter the signalling options with the BRR10)

I fully opened up the Voyager whenever I was on greens, and yellows when I slowed down too much with the brakes.

It may have arrived just a minute or two later than I previously stated , but I was most certainly a few minutes early.

Just had a chance to try out this route today. One word- terrific. I really liked the rolling fields, as it gives a wide, airy feel. I also liked the use of disused tracks here and there as it really gives Maplestead a mysterious past history (which I am eager to find out only if Maplestead is non fictional).

I see that the tracks go beyond the last station, is there any plans for extending it or are they just for decorations only?

Dennis

Established Member
tis pure fiction. Throughout the eighties, rationalisation of track layouts continued; the disused track is mostly abandoned loops or sidings, a couple of which were severed by road bridges.

And yes, it does continue along the main line for another 30km. Spent a frustrating afternoon trying to bypass the sidings and keep on the mainline using BRR; no matter what I tried, I couldn't get this to happen - must be some quirk in my coding somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.