• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Southeastern Livery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfury

Hello everyone.

I've noticed that Southeastern Railways (SER) has started stripping off the grey stripe from the bottom of the Class 375 Electrostar fleet. Does this mean that SER are finally dispensing with the old Connex livery for something of its own making?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fincra5

Established Member
Hello everyone.

I've noticed that Southeastern Railways (SER) has started stripping off the grey stripe from the bottom of the Class 375 Electrostar fleet. Does this mean that SER are finally dispensing with the old Connex livery for something of its own making?

Been going on for a long while now :D. But yes Southeastern are re-imaging themselves.

starfury

Thanks! Any idea what the finished article will be? I'm assuming something different than the Javelins? Blue doors?

From an initial photograph review, I can find only two examples - 375624 and 375705.

The former Golden Jubilee train 375610 has blue doors [seem a different shade of blue].

Any other sightings?

[Some Class 508's were in the new livery before going to storage].

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I am sure (Govia) SouthEastern never had there own livery the current one with the grey stripe was a type of Connex livery, so to try there own sort of livery out they have taken the grey stripe off to make it there 'Own' type of livery?

thefab444

Established Member
It would make more sense in some ways to brand it as one company along with Southern, it's not as though southeastern is a cherished brand!

jopsuk

Veteran Member
At the very least, you'd have thought they'd go for something similar to the LM and Southern liveries- at least the same colour pallette.

Fincra5

Established Member
It would make more sense in some ways to brand it as one company along with Southern, it's not as though southeastern is a cherished brand!

That is planned to happen by the DafT in 2015 when they want to merge Southern, Southeastern and FCC franchises into one large one.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
That is planned to happen by the DafT in 2015 when they want to merge Southern, Southeastern and FCC franchises into one large one.

Although I do like Southern there livery will look horrid on the Class 465/466s errr..... (Thats if Southern win that franchise!)

starfury

Thanks for the info. I was wondering whether the plan was just to turn the doors blue as there had seemed to be a concerted effort to take the lower grey vinyl off but nothing else...

Regarding the SER/Southern/FCC merger, Govia had that plan way back when. If I recall correctly, when they had Thameslink and South Central they wanted SET (as it was at the time) too to make the New Southern Railway. I think the livery that ended up as the Southern livery was originally intended for this mega-franchise.

mackenzie_blu

Thanks for the info. I was wondering whether the plan was just to turn the doors blue as there had seemed to be a concerted effort to take the lower grey vinyl off but nothing else...

Regarding the SER/Southern/FCC merger, Govia had that plan way back when. If I recall correctly, when they had Thameslink and South Central they wanted SET (as it was at the time) too to make the New Southern Railway. I think the livery that ended up as the Southern livery was originally intended for this mega-franchise.

Seems a merger of Southern and Southeastern franchises with the best express routes cherry picked as part of a Greater Thameslink franchise maybe be the final outcome of the Thameslink Programme. Well that seems to be the inside rumour!

Electrostar

At one point Connex rebranded both their southeastern and south central services as Connex. Their final CSE livery was adopted by the SRA shadow franchise and according to a recent interview with the current Govia boss is stipulated as part of the South Eastern franchise. I think he called it a vanilla livery. I guess adding a blue stripe here and there is acceptable. If I recall Govia weren't allowed to merge the two franchises. I agree I'd like to have seen the Southern brand extended even if the businesses were kept operationally seperate.

paul1609

Established Member
Seems a merger of Southern and Southeastern franchises with the best express routes cherry picked as part of a Greater Thameslink franchise maybe be the final outcome of the Thameslink Programme. Well that seems to be the inside rumour!

I reckon FCC being broken up is more likely. The link to the Great Northern line will be dropped as part of the Thameslink cutbacks shortly after the general election. Hertford Loop will become part of London Overground. Peterborough/Cambrdge/ kings Lynn will become part of the new East Coast franchise.
The rest will become the Bedford branch of the new Super Southern franchise.

jon0844

Veteran Member
You say Hertford Loop, but I also figure they'll take over the inner-suburban services to WGC too.

There has been an intention for FCC to work closely with TfL for operating a 15-minute service frequency, and it makes more sense to do this as London Overground. No doubt the loop on TL (around Wimbledon) would make sense as LO too?

I have added a listing for Southeastern noting sets in new livery to my topic :

Livery Lists for LM, XC, EM, NX.

Technically it is not a new operator, but it is a livery starting out, rather than one with a few to be deleted as completed [Other topic - Repaint Countdown for FCC, FGW & ATW].

Status
Not open for further replies.