• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Station calendar

InOban

Established Member
A fair point. But even if 10% transferred to rail it would still make Faslane one of the busiest stations on the whl!

BTW, if you look on twitter, eg @AlexHynes you will find links to recent pictures showing the uncovering of Levenmouth station during vegetation clearance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Logan Carroll

A fair point. But even if 10% transferred to rail it would still make Faslane one of the busiest stations on the whl!

BTW, if you look on twitter, eg @AlexHynes you will find links to recent pictures showing the uncovering of Levenmouth station during vegetation clearance.
I wonder if it’s construction would be picketed or if those days are over.

andreading

Reading Green Park latest photos. With this progress it seems it will have a very extended commissioning programme during the summer and autumn of next year.

Attachments

• SAM_1709.JPG
    SAM_1709.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • SAM_1713.JPG
    SAM_1713.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 60

kevin_roche

Reading Green Park latest photos. With this progress it seems it will have a very extended commissioning programme during the summer and autumn of next year.
Thank you for the photos. You beat me to it. I was just planning to take a walk that way this afternoon. I agree that there is a rather long commissioning time scale. whatever do they do?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I have just updated the "2021" section of the "master" running list that is shown on the second posting on this thread, whilst my username is now (albeit temporarily) shown as the thread OP, as no-one has as yet taken up the offer from the moderators to take over the running of this thread.

Last edited:

YorksLad12

Established Member
That sounds more like a feasibility study being funded (the Council's only contributing £50k, the Govt pot is £20m). And good luck to them squeezing it in on the old Station Road site...

Great news, but which trains will stop there?
Hourly York-Scarborough? TPE might be convinced to, but I doubt it if they have a choice.

Llandudno

Established Member
That sounds more like a feasibility study being funded (the Council's only contributing £50k, the Govt pot is £20m). And good luck to them squeezing it in on the old Station Road site...

Hourly York-Scarborough? TPE might be convinced to, but I doubt it if they have a choice.
I guess the proposed Northern York-Scarborough shuttle service, or has this been canned?

HST43257

Established Member
I guess the proposed Northern York-Scarborough shuttle service, or has this been canned?
It seems to have been set back at least a year. I’ve heard that they’ll start testing and training in January so a May 2021 start could be on the cards.

Pinza-C55

It isn't a feasibility study it is to reopen the station.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

mcmad

davetheguard

Established Member
Can't find anything official that shows this as full funding for reopening. Will wait and see what comes out in the next couple of days.

Quite. These sums from the DfT's New Stations Fund are usually just part funding aren't they, with contributions from other sources also required?

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Details of New Station Fund announced yesterday or today:
  • Edginswell, Thanet Parkway and St Clears will be funded to open.
  • Haxby and Deeside will receive further funding to develop proposals.
Regards Haxby, the York Press had it correct, ITV had it incorrect.

Also details of the successful bids in the 'ideas fund'
  • Beeston Castle and Tarporley station in Cheshire
  • St. Anne’s Park station in Bristol
  • Ferryhill station in County Durham
  • reinstating links between Bolton, Radcliffe, and Bury
  • the Stratford- upon-Avon to Honeybourne/Worcester/Oxford line
  • new station at Waverley in South Yorkshire
  • station in the Langport/Somerton area of Somerset
  • improved services from Melton Mowbray
  • Improved services from Falmouth
  • upgrading the South Fylde Line
  • Upgrading the Maid Marian line between Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
  • reinstating rail access to Cirencester
  • restoring services between Swanage and Wareham
  • creating the South Humber rail link
  • new link between Consett and Newcastle
Alternative wording from a different list (the downloadable spreadsheet on gov.uk - same proposals
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Melton Mowbray - Nottingham
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Alfreton - Ashfield (Maid Marian Line)
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Stratford Upon Avon - Honeybourne - Worcester/Oxford
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Consett-Newcastle
  • New Station at Ferryhill, Ferryhill - Stockton-on-Tees
  • Enhanced existing passenger services, Preston - Blackpool South
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Bolton-Radcliffe / Bolton-Bury
  • New station at Beeston Castle and Tarporley, Crewe - Chester
  • New Station at St Anne's Park, Bristol Temple Meads - Bath Spa
  • Enhanced existing passenger services, Truro - Falmouth
  • New Station at Langport and Somerton, Castle Cary - Taunton
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Kemble - Cirencester
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Wareham - Swanage
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Gainsborough - Barton
  • New Station at Waverley, Sheffield - Chesterfield

Source:
Restoring Your Railways Fund

Last edited:

JRT

This just in

I am sorry to have to report that despite recent optimism with the new Haxby station, it would appear our Round 2 funding bid to the DfT has not been successful. We are checking to see if our bid maybe amongst those for further advice and resubmission in a further round, if not it appears we are destined to have to endure more traffic congestion, lack of investment and poor connectivity to the national network despite all the promises of levelling up.
Very dissappointed particularly for the committee members who put so much work into this bid for which I am extremely grateful.
The committee will meet by zoom in the near future to discuss our future steps.
Best wishes to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinza-C55

This just in

I am sorry to have to report that despite recent optimism with the new Haxby station, it would appear our Round 2 funding bid to the DfT has not been successful. We are checking to see if our bid maybe amongst those for further advice and resubmission in a further round, if not it appears we are destined to have to endure more traffic congestion, lack of investment and poor connectivity to the national network despite all the promises of levelling up.
Very dissappointed particularly for the committee members who put so much work into this bid for which I am extremely grateful.
Best wishes to all.

Sorry to hear that. If a simple project like Haxby is turned down then I think that reopening Beverley - Market Weighton - York has less than zero chance.

willgreen

This just in

Best wishes to all.
Funding for a feasibility study for Haxby has already been announced by the government: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...re-beeching-rail-links-and-forgotten-stations , though it appears to be through the New Stations Fund rather than through Reversing Beeching - is there a misunderstanding here or have the government already pulled funding?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Funding for a feasibility study for Haxby has already been announced by the government: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...re-beeching-rail-links-and-forgotten-stations , though it appears to be through the New Stations Fund rather than through Reversing Beeching - is there a misunderstanding here or have the government already pulled funding?
Well I’m totally confused. i’m assuming post #226 earlier this afternoon was an unattributed cut and paste quotation from someone, or an organisation?

willgreen

Well I’m totally confused. i’m assuming post #226 earlier this afternoon was an unattributed cut and paste quotation from someone, or an organisation?
Looks like it - not sure what the source was for that post? That would probably provide some clarity

telstarbox

Established Member
DfT website says today:

Today’s news comes as the government provides £32 million of funding to deliver 3 new stations in England and Wales, including Edginswell in Torquay, Thanet Parkway in Kent and St Clears in Carmarthenshire, with additional funding being invested to develop a further 2 in Haxby and Deeside.

bluenoxid

Established Member
This has come from the Minsters Railway Campaign Facebook page regarding York-Beverley. There has been no change regarding Haxby.

This just in

Best wishes to all.

Sorry to hear that. If a simple project like Haxby is turned down then I think that reopening Beverley - Market Weighton - York has less than zero chance.

Looks like it - not sure what the source was for that post? That would probably provide some clarity

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
This has come from the Minsters Railway Campaign Facebook page regarding York-Beverley. There has been no change regarding Haxby.
Thanks for clarifying then. Shows the danger of reading something out of context, I thought (and I don’t think I’m alone) that the earlier post #226 was about Haxby...

Last edited:

_toommm_

Established Member
This tweet seems interesting - I've not seen this announced anywhere else yet:

'We are delighted that the #SpendingReview2020 has confirmed funding to help develop a new railway station at Haxby on the route between York – Scarborough. Congratulations to all involved in securing this funding!'

So is a new station actually confirmed, or is this just funding to enable research into whether it would be feasible or not?

JRT

This just in from New Civil Engineer

Restoring your Railway: round 2 successful bids​

East Midlands

• Reopened lines and new passenger services, Melton Mowbray - Nottingham
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Alfreton - Ashfield (Maid Marian Line)
West Midlands

• Reopened lines and new passenger services, Stratford Upon Avon - Honeybourne - Worcester/Oxford
North East

• Reopened lines and new passenger services, Consett-Newcastle
  • New Station at Ferryhill, Ferryhill - Stockton-on-Tees
North West

• Enhanced existing passenger services, Preston - Blackpool South
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Bolton-Radcliffe / Bolton-Bury
  • New station at Beeston Castle and Tarporley, Crewe - Chester
South West

• New Station at St Anne's Park, Bristol Temple Meads - Bath Spa
  • Enhanced existing passenger services, Truro - Falmouth
  • New Station at Langport and Somerton, Castle Cary - Taunton
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Kemble - Cirencester
  • Reopened lines and new passenger services, Wareham - Swanage
Yorkshire & Humberside

• Reopened lines and new passenger services, Gainsborough - Barton
  • New Station at Waverley, Sheffield - Chesterfield

steamybrian

Established Member
This tweet seems interesting - I've not seen this announced anywhere else yet:

'We are delighted that the #SpendingReview2020 has confirmed funding to help develop a new railway station at Haxby on the route between York – Scarborough. Congratulations to all involved in securing this funding!'

So is a new station actually confirmed, or is this just funding to enable research into whether it would be feasible or not?
Funding for a feasibility study.