• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz962

Established Member
Is that an average, fixed, or maximum working week ?

Average , but the only diagrams over nine hours are spare turns . The maximum are nine hours , I got an 8 hour job tomorrow I got a six hour job Sunday had an 8.54 yesterday . Some are close to nine hours but not most .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Cheers Baz.

We also run an average and out max is 9:15 so we could still work a 37hr week but it's rare. I would certainly consider max turn lengths and rostering as part of any choice over depot location.

Personally, I'd choose the closest

Gooner18

Enfield town > seven sisters > Highbury & Islington > new cross gate 1 hour 1 min? what’s the Gordon hill route?

Hello mate ,
Other route is Gordon hill> Highbury &Islington > New Cross Gate, same journey time , in my times I took into account getting to the station etc

greatkingrat

Established Member
Cheers Baz.

We also run an average and out max is 9:15 so we could still work a 37hr week but it's rare. I would certainly consider max turn lengths and rostering as part of any choice over depot location.

Personally, I'd choose the closest

Just to note that although it is an four day week on average, you actually work five days most weeks, then get a week off every eight weeks. So a typical eight week pattern would be something like 5-5-5-3-4-5-5-0, adding up to 32 days in total over 8 weeks.

baz962

Established Member
Ten day long weekend every other month and five or six days off in the other month.

OneLowban

Hello mate ,
Other route is Gordon hill> Highbury &Islington > New Cross Gate, same journey time , in my times I took into account getting to the station etc
Oh right okay cool mate. I feel the pain in this decision.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Fixed RD pattern ?

The hardest part of my week is that there is no fixed pattern. It's a killer and the inconsistent start/finish times are hard to manage. It takes me almost an hour to go 15 miles and whilst it can be done in 25-30 minutes I still have to allow an hour each way. 9hr shift +1hr travel + 1hr home wind up and wind down times and you can see why fatigue is a genuine concern. Especially now its getting darker and the change in weather means our workload level goes up and up. Red adhesion day and its been Red all week. I think the choice is an easy one to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.