• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern and TPE announcement expected soon - possibly now 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasLunatic

I can see First Group being 'out of the game' anyway before too long, rail or not.

Not quite yet. First are only out if they aren't awarded the GA franchise (due somepoint soon) and if they manage to lose the GWML franchise. ATM, both seem fairly safe bets, considering NX pulled out of the running for Greater Anglia.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Arriva for Northern and First for TransPennine.

Source?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Not quite yet. First are only out if they aren't awarded the GA franchise (due somepoint soon) and if they manage to lose the GWML franchise. ATM, both seem fairly safe bets, considering NX pulled out of the running for Greater Anglia.

Has it been confirmed that NX have pulled out of East Anglia or is that just a rumour?

I might have to open a bottle of champagne if it's true!

DasLunatic

I heard today (through the grapevine mind!) that NatEx had dropped out and only First and Abellio/Stagecoach remain. Any truth in that?
Mod for mods: This is from another thread

Looks that way.

JaJaWa

Established Member
Where has NX dropping their Anglia bid been mentioned?

Last edited:

fgwrich

Established Member
Arriva for Northern and First for TransPennine.

I've heard First for TPE and Arriva for Northern as well. Seems to be floating around a fair bit now, either that or it's a rumour spread like wildfire.

Anyhow, not long to go now. 6? Hours apparently. Noted on another forum.

Journalists on WNXX say announcement is 0700 Wednesday

And NX out of GE? I Hope that's true, especially after the last mess they left it in! I might have a drink to celebrate if true! Not just give it over to First, bring some of GWs management over - Hopwood is ex FGE, bring Pullman Dining back and improve the service at no end!

Last edited:

Robertj21a

On Moderation

My comment really related to First Group as a whole, the rail bit in the UK is only a small part of the Group. Their seeming inability to get the share price off the bottom rung must ring alarm bells at HQ.

Simon11

Established Member
Where has NX dropping their Anglia bid been mentioned?

I'd also love to know where this rumour came from.

As far as i know Nx have not dropped out from the EA franchise.

I wonder if there is now a clash with arriva and first taking rolling stock that a bidder wishes to use on EA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.