• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Class 195: Construction/Introduction Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris217

Currently on the delayed 1516 Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Airport with 195 115 hauling 195 114..
114 is on tick over only!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Red18

I would state that all Northern drivers appear to have become a lot more careful in where the train should stop in recent weeks - even with non-195 units. It was a bit laissez faire previously - as long as you could see the signal ahead you were fine

Nonsense!

Red18

I've been on one within the last week or so where the doors have started closing

The doors will close automatically if stood at a platform for any length of time to stop the a/c trying to cool the whole of Manchester rather than just that vehicle. Can be opened again by pushing the button until closed for dispatch by the guard.

Bovverboy

Established Member
Yes, I appreciate. I meant, they started closing while passengers were still attempting to board. The doors should only close automatically if no-one has passed through them just lately.

Bovverboy

Established Member
Currently on the delayed 1516 Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Airport with 195 115 hauling 195 114..
114 is on tick over only!

The reason for the delay is given as 'due to late running caused by another service'. What that meant was, it was behind the 1519 Lime Street to Oxford Road stopper! Left Lime Street 5L, arrived Oxford Road 31L. Terminated at Piccadilly, return trip wasn't too bad, only lost seven minutes between there and Lime Street.
Can one train not pass another between Lime Street and South Parkway?

Bertie the bus

Established Member
A Network Rail test train. One of those yellow things. I don't know the precise purpose of that one but they have equipment checking all sorts of things - clearances, condition of the track, etc.

Bovverboy

Established Member
Genuine question; have any 195s run stoppers, or have they only been used on semi-fast services?

The Oxenholme to Windermere service is a stopper, in that all journeys are designated 'Class 2' Some journeys do skip intermediate stops, though, such as Burneside and Staveley.
What constitutes a 'Class 1' train and a 'Class 2' can appear almost arbitrary. The Airport to Barrow services are all 'Class 1', because they're limited stop as far as Preston, but most (possibly all) are then scheduled to call at all stops between there and Barrow.

Bovverboy

Established Member
Further to my last post, the 1855NSSu, 1903S, 2146S, and 1851Su journeys Barrow to Preston are all designated 'Class 1', even though they call at all stations, whereas the 2042S, which calls at the same stations, is a 'Class 2'; all Preston to Barrow journeys are 'Class 2'. Work that one out!

Bovverboy

Established Member
Genuine question; have any 195s run stoppers, or have they only been used on semi-fast services?

On the 'Initial Diagrams' thread, I did suggest that a 195 may have operated the 1016 Oxford Road to Lime Street stopper on Wednesday 14/8/19, but no-one seemed able to confirm or deny.

For those of you who had been hoping to see a 195 on a CLC stopper, it looks as though whatever was working 195 Diagram 11 yesterday (Wednesday 14/8/19) operated the 1016 Oxford Road to Liverpool Lime Street stopper in lieu of the 0912 Oxford Road to Liverpool semi-fast, which was cancelled.
Can anyone say what unit(s) did operate this journey?

superkev

Established Member
Yesterday (fri) 195 103 and 113 were running together on driver training on the Doncaster Leeds line.
I understand they nip down to Sheffield for fuelling etc.
May be of interest.
K

driver_m

Established Member
Don’t think 104 has been mentioned yet, sat at Edge Hill. 128 Is definitely a new arrival though. (The last 4 car 331 is there as well, so they’re coming through quickly now)

Established Member
Don’t think 104 has been mentioned yet, sat at Edge Hill. 128 Is definitely a new arrival though. (The last 4 car 331 is there as well, so they’re coming through quickly now)

Many thanks for your continued updates, they're much appreciated.

driver_m

Established Member
Many thanks for your continued updates, they're much appreciated.

Cheers. I did wonder if anyone was bothered, so I’m glad it is of use to you. Some of the stuff is more difficult to see such is anything in the pit or on 2 shed road but usually it ends up on another road before too long.

Railperf

Established Member
If anyone gets a chance to do so...can you please take a picture of or record the plated unit and vehicle weights for one of these please.
Many thanks in advance.

Llama

Established Member
Only photo I have to hand at the moment is of the data plate on an MS:
"Weight 40.520Tn
Length 23.350m
Height 2.555m
Seats 76"

Llama

Established Member
195118 just turned up at Oxford Rd on 1F97. As an aside, the doors opened then immediately closed on waiting passengers.

Ken H

On Moderation
pair of 195's parked at broughton Road sidings today about 12:00. Think they were joined as a 6 car. Didnt get numbers as I was car driving.
Some kind person had sprayed graffiti on the front of one. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.