• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirodo

Or solid orange, as opposed to the double line orange of the Overground?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
3 different shades of blue though? Might be a bit confusing
Surely we have enough shades of blue already though: DLR, Waterloo & City, Victoria and Piccadilly all use some shade/variant of blue.
Would dark red or maroon work?
I'd say that's too similar to the metropolitan line. I still would go for either Olive Green, as stated earlier or a mauve colour.

NSE

Established Member
Well, White is no longer used, as the only NR line that showed in white is now on the Orange of LO.

Personally I'd keep them both as the Northern line. Someone mentioned leaving Camden to a different southbound branch than advertised. I use this line regularly from Chalk Farm to Euston (and plenty more less regular journeys across the line) and this rarely happens, but when it has happened and my Bank train goes via Charing Cross it has been because of an incident. Therefore I'd argue that it actually helps flexibility as if it had no choice to run to Bank, thats the train stuck in Camden.

Clip

Established Member
Use Taos Taupe (Pantone TPX 15-1119) That would be nice.

causton

Established Member
Well, White is no longer used, as the only NR line that showed in white is now on the Orange of LO. Therefore I'd argue that it actually helps flexibility as if it had no choice to run to Bank, thats the train stuck in Camden.
Stuck until the driver makes an announcement...
"This train is now a West End line train because of an incident on the Bank branch meaning we are unable to continue..."

...the junction and all its benefits will still be there!

Maybe a white colour will be suitable though, as someone who is ever so slightly colourblind and thinks all these new colours would look the same ;)

Manchester77

Established Member
"This station is Euston, change here for the city and Victoria lines, London overground, high speed 2 and national rail services. This train terminates at Morden via Kennington"

NSE

Established Member
Stuck until the driver makes an announcement...
"This train is now a West End line train because of an incident on the Bank branch meaning we are unable to continue..."

...the junction and all its benefits will still be there!

But essentially that's saying instead of running via Bank, we are now running Via Charing Cross, which happens already! And then, when it comes to engineering, and Charing Cross branch is closed, you'd still be able to run via Bank, but then it'd be a West End Line train as a Northern City line train. I just think its hassle that people don't need. If you're are going to re-brand separate branches that means you'll need to put stickers of both lines on all trains, and maps, just in case one gets diverted. I think it's just easier to leave it as it and say this is going to X via Y. I wouldn't be against making set routes too, such as Morden-Bank-Edgware and (Battersea)-Kennington-Charing Cross-High Barnet. (I believe I read somewhere that for full use of Camden Junction Bank Branch is better suited to run to Edgware, and Charing Cross to High Barnet, and this would be the way they would be split if segregated).

NSE

Established Member
I'm pretty sure its the other way around?

On the map it is, but I remember reading somewhere actually the junction somehow allows more capacity by running Bank-Edgware and Charing Cross-High Barnet, like if it were to split. I can't recall where I read it, but I might be wrong, but I don't think it was from anywhere unreliable.

hluraven

Full Separation would see Edgware-Kennington/Battersea and High Barnet/MHE-Morden via Bank.

This requires a rebuild at Camden Town of course, but that would be necessary as part of NLU2 anyway. Currently scheduled for around 2022, so hardly imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.