• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Pacer Withdrawals - Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
I can confirm that all pacers will be scrapped by the end of Febuary. I have it in good authority.
I have it on good authority that they won’t all be scrapped. Or are you suggesting that the sets at/for NRM, Chasewater, GCRN are going for razor blades as well?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I have it on good authority that they won’t all be scrapped. Or are you suggesting that the sets at/for NRM, Chasewater, GCRN are going for razor blades as well?
I'm guessing that part was meant to mean "withdrawn from service" rather than scrapped.

I am a little bit suspicious of a new poster who has thrown his weight around about being a driver on another thread, when it's not unheard of for people to claim to be drivers when they aren't. I hope I've got the wrong end of the stick, but it isn't a great start to life on the forum. :rolleyes:

Robertj21a

On Moderation
I'm guessing that part was meant to mean "withdrawn from service" rather than scrapped.

I am a little bit suspicious of a new poster who has thrown his weight around about being a driver on another thread, when it's not unheard of for people to claim to be drivers when they aren't. I hope I've got the wrong end of the stick, but it isn't a great start to life on the forum. :rolleyes:

Well, it won't be too long to wait to see that he's proved wrong :E

On Moderation

I did think the same about the use of scrapped - those who know what is really going on tend to be more specific with their language than that.

Like you, I am suspicious of new faces popping up and claiming inside knowledge.

IamTrainsYT

I can confirm that all pacers will be scrapped by the end of Febuary. I have it in good authority.
Just because i have inside knowledge and you lot a merely speculating as per usual.
(I guess you mean withdrawn not scrapped)
This is only 142s that will be withdrawn by February not the whole pacer fleet and since I heard this from northern I’m guessing it’s going to be even later as they have still not withdrawn them in the northeast as they should have done on the 15th of December

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Just because i have inside knowledge and you lot a merely speculating as per usual.
Nobody else is claiming inside knowledge, and our speculation isn't presented as anything other than speculation.

My main objection is your attitude, not the content of your posts. Good manners don't cost a penny.

Darandio

Established Member
142001 has apparently arrived today at Locomotion in Shildon according to their Facebook page.

No apparently about it, they've posted this image.

81793563_10157674259046136_4362413615580446720_o.jpg

Bertie the bus

Established Member
Would you like to expand on that? Would this good authority be the same good authority who just a couple of weeks ago was saying they will still be in service in May?

978wta

There are 2 class 142s stored in the Southend head shunt of the Longsight excursion platform. They have been there for a good few weeks now, any info on the numbers?

IamTrainsYT

There are 2 class 142s stored in the Southend head shunt of the Longsight excursion platform. They have been there for a good few weeks now, any info on the numbers?
There were 5 of them (4) coupled together originally and the other one on its own however 3 of them left for service (these were 142004, 142035 and 142090) the ones that are still there are 142054 and 142064 and apparently (I can not confirm this) they are off lease and are awaiting movement to Gascogne Wood

krus_aragon

Established Member
It's very good of you to register today to tell us. The last announcement I recall (by the relevant minister) said that the 142s were due to be withdrawn by February17th, whereas the deadline for the 144s was May 17th. Those are the dates the PRM derogations have been granted until, of course.

Do you mean to confirm that statement about the 142s, or inform us that the withdrawal of the 144s has been accelerated (but with no official statement yet)?

Chris217

8 weeks will be the magic number then?
Personally I dont think so.
Unless all the 195s and 331s are in full service by then.

978wta

There were 5 of them (4) coupled together originally and the other one on its own however 3 of them left for service (these were 142004, 142035 and 142090) the ones that are still there are 142054 and 142064 and apparently (I can not confirm this) they are off lease and are awaiting movement to Gascogne Wood

thanks for the info, much appreciated.

im sure 035 has been on Longsight fuelpoint over the weekend, so probably working in the Pic, Buxton, new mills, ect.

Last edited:

superkev

Established Member

trainmania100

Established Member
Just heard some wibble on Facebook that 142036 is going to the East Kent railway.
Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• received_661381204400714.jpeg
    received_661381204400714.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.