• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

richie26188

I failed at assessement stage a while back, thinking of applying again when the next jobs come up in my area

What are Northern like when it comes to re applicants? Worried as I have one fail I wont get further than sifting stage now

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wall88

I failed at assessement stage a while back, thinking of applying again when the next jobs come up in my area

What are Northern like when it comes to re applicants? Worried as I have one fail I wont get further than sifting stage now

I failed first time around in april 2013. Applied again as soon as i could and i Start with them next week so i wouldnt worry about it and keep applying

Mikey J

Did my stage 2 assessment and MMI on 30th Jan. I sent an email to the recruitment team on Friday 14th requesting my results. Got an email on Monday 17th saying the following:

"Thank you for your email.

Due to the volume of assessments currently being undertaken for various depots, there has been a delay in confirming this information.

My colleague is hoping to have communications issued to you today or as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards
The Recruitment Team"

Any thoughts?

Louby

Did my stage 2 assessment and MMI on 30th Jan. I sent an email to the recruitment team on Friday 14th requesting my results. Got an email on Monday 17th saying the following:

Due to the volume of assessments currently being undertaken for various depots, there has been a delay in confirming this information.

My colleague is hoping to have communications issued to you today or as soon as possible.

Kind regards
The Recruitment Team"

Any thoughts?

Which TOC ?

Last edited:

richie26188

I failed first time around in april 2013. Applied again as soon as i could and i Start with them next week so i wouldnt worry about it and keep applying

Ah thats good news, know exactly what I did wrong first time round so hoping to get a second chance.

Well done on the job.

Red18

Ah thats good news, know exactly what I did wrong first time round so hoping to get a second chance.

Well done on the job.

If you failed on the 'old tests' then your slate is wiped clean now anyway so you have 2 more chances.
Go for it.

302PS

Kind regards
The Recruitment Team"

Any thoughts?

A little Odd considering people who sat stage 2 last week have heard back already

Mikey J

Which TOC ?

Northern. Just read your edit lol. Manchester Victoria advertised 27/11/2013
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A little Odd considering people who sat stage 2 last week have heard back already

That's what I thought. If I'd failed though surely they'd just tell me? Although I suppose the same could be said if I've passed.
Certainly testing the nerves playing the waiting game...
Interesting point, the woman who took the 2nd stage assessment said that once you pass both of the assessment stages it is valid for up to five years (ie. If for whatever reason you didn't get the job after passing the assessments you could apply in the future with a "pass" in the assessment stage) depending on the TOC. Does anyone know if this applies with Northern? Also would the MMI be counted as the assessment or not?

Last edited:

Red18

...... Also would the MMI be counted as the assessment or not?

The MMI is part of the assessment. Not sure if the same applies to the DMI though.

wayme

That's what I thought. If I'd failed though surely they'd just tell me? Although I suppose the same could be said if I've passed.
Certainly testing the nerves playing the waiting game...
Interesting point, the woman who took the 2nd stage assessment said that once you pass both of the assessment stages it is valid for up to five years (ie. If for whatever reason you didn't get the job after passing the assessments you could apply in the future with a "pass" in the assessment stage) depending on the TOC. Does anyone know if this applies with Northern? Also would the MMI be counted as the assessment or not?

I got that e-mail too! I applied the last time they advertised for trainees at Man Vic and that e-mail is the only correspondence i've had from them from that.

Mikey J

Got a phone call yesterday after sending a second email asking for the results of my MMI. I passed. So relieved.

The woman on the phone said they are currently pooling all the candidates and working on organising course dates etc.

Louby

Got a phone call yesterday after sending a second email asking for the results of my MMI. I passed. So relieved.

The woman on the phone said they are currently pooling all the candidates and working on organising course dates etc.

Is that for man?

Mikey J

Perhaps it had something to do with me needing to give a months notice with my current job.

Just out of interest, now they've told me I've passed everything, is the job mine for definite even though I've not been given a course date? (obviously references and medical need to be sorted but can these be done once you have started the job if there are any problems or delays?)

I know it is the TOC I should be asking this but I just wondered if anyone had any insight on the matter.

Louby

Perhaps it had something to do with me needing to give a months notice with my current job.

Just out of interest, now they've told me I've passed everything, is the job mine for definite even though I've not been given a course date? (obviously references and medical need to be sorted but can these be done once you have started the job if there are any problems or delays?)

I know it is the TOC I should be asking this but I just wondered if anyone had any insight on the matter.

I'd say no, as we could be kept in the talent pool for as long as req, until the job offer comes we are all in the same situation, but yes you can start pending med etc, sounds like it's all coming together and we should hear in next few weeks

Mikey J

Online application now reads 'On hold after Successful driver assessment'

Wonder how long we will have to wait...

MadeinWigan

I'm clinging to the hope that it will be sooner rather than later. There's a lot of new starters so they'll be wanting to get the ball rolling ASAP.

challyabnger

Im hoping it will be weeks rather than months but hr said it could be up to 6 months as they are trying to get everything sorted and finding what depots the drivers are needed. When I asked am I defo on a course at some point she said yes. We shall see

Louby

Im hoping it will be weeks rather than months but hr said it could be up to 6 months as they are trying to get everything sorted and finding what depots the drivers are needed. When I asked am I defo on a course at some point she said yes. We shall see

It's only been 2 weeks tomorrow since I found out I'd passed it all, does seem longer thou

Status
Not open for further replies.