• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Train Driver Roles- Various Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Richard G

Anybody who applied for Blackpool heard anything? I received an email in January saying to bare with them as they have a large amount of applicants and on my account has said ‘application in process’ not received any more emails but now it says ‘end of process’. Assuming that’s it then and didn’t get any further than the application?

Saxon79

Has anyone who applied for the depot driver jobs at Blackburn heard anything at all? My application just says application in process.

Saxon79

Anybody who applied for Blackpool heard anything? I received an email in January saying to bare with them as they have a large amount of applicants and on my account has said ‘application in process’ not received any more emails but now it says ‘end of process’. Assuming that’s it then and didn’t get any further than the application?
One of my applications says end of process but I have had no emails saying I have failed to make the next stage.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I created another thread after a rejection from Northern. I actually dipped at the paper sift stage for two posts - trainee conductor based at Victoria and the control production apprentice based in Manchester.

On both occasions I received the e-mail in my junk folder stating I had not been successful and like I've said previously, Northern won't provide any feedback if you fail the paper sift.

A few of the forum members on here have stated that Northern do appear to have quite an off the wall way of recruiting people and of course we all know that the volume of applications are quite high so it seems impossible to get a look in.

I'm ex-police and to be honest I don't take it for granted that my previous career will sell me. One of the questions I raised in another thread concerns references but I've not had a straight answer!

On a new application I have ensured I have supplied the names and contact details of my referees. Is this enough or do Northern require the actual references when you initially apply on-line?

C J

Louby

I created another thread after a rejection from Northern. I actually dipped at the paper sift stage for two posts - trainee conductor based at Victoria and the control production apprentice based in Manchester.

On both occasions I received the e-mail in my junk folder stating I had not been successful and like I've said previously, Northern won't provide any feedback if you fail the paper sift.

A few of the forum members on here have stated that Northern do appear to have quite an off the wall way of recruiting people and of course we all know that the volume of applications are quite high so it seems impossible to get a look in.

I'm ex-police and to be honest I don't take it for granted that my previous career will sell me. One of the questions I raised in another thread concerns references but I've not had a straight answer!

On a new application I have ensured I have supplied the names and contact details of my referees. Is this enough or do Northern require the actual references when you initially apply on-line?

C J
it's changed a bit since i applied but on mine you had to name the referees

Status
Not open for further replies.