• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Unit Refurbishments

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
150120 has usb chargers, but has lost NSE blue wall carpet. 150138 does not have usb chargers.

warwickshire

On Moderation
599J 1049 Bristol Barton Hill to Neville Hill Depot today at Water Orton saw 158784 returning from further works attention. 158784 is now back on northern territory at Neville Hill Depot in Leeds.

522K 0748 Neville Hill Depot to Bristol Barton Hill on time through Water Orton saw 158793 today going to Bristol Barton Hill for further attention.
158793 now at Bristol Barton Hill.

As off Sunday 03 April 2022.

Last edited:

Adam0984

158784 out this morning on the 0839 Leeds to Sheffield via Moorthorpe then put in the sidings at Sheffield due to no cab heater in the 57 vehicle

py_megapixel

Established Member
Are Northern now refurbing the interior of the 319s again now that the 730s are delayed? While I was walking through 319361 today, I noticed that a few seats had moquette while others had flat cloth.
I imagine it's a unit that was originally fitted with flat cloth, but a few seats have become damaged and they've run out of spare flat cloth so used moquette.

Neptune

Established Member
I imagine it's a unit that was originally fitted with flat cloth, but a few seats have become damaged and they've run out of spare flat cloth so used moquette.
Northern are recovering the 319 fleet with moquette due to the 323’s from WMR being later than planned.

Established Member
Northern are recovering the 319 fleet with moquette due to the 323’s from WMR being later than planned.
I thought they had started doing something. 319372 for example despite retaining an otherwise Thameslink interior has gained new Northern moquette to replace its previously retained FCC moquette. I hope money isn’t spent replacing the Northern Electrics moquette which is only a few years old though.

py_megapixel

Established Member
The post I quoted was talking about a single unit with some seats in flat cloth and some in moquette - I assume the rest of the cloth ones will be changed in due course, then.

---
150135 now appears to have digital mods

Last edited:

warwickshire

On Moderation
5V81 1127 Neville Hill Depot to Bristol Barton Hill 158792 now at Bristol Barton Hill Depot. However lovely catch are Birmingham New Street. Rare visitor there these days. However brings back memories from Central days when it was a reqular until around 2007.
Also 158793 returned yesterday Saturday 30th April 2022. Back to Neville Hill Depot in Leeds .
However 158792 nice catch Birmingham New Street .

59CosG95

Established Member
A little off-patch for the moment - EMR 156422 has been renumbered back from 156922 and now has the Northern blue "swoop" at the cab ends, although it does still have EMR Regional branding on the sides.

Neptune

Established Member
Although fixing them so that they correctly pronounce "Frizinghall" would be nice!
The 333’s have always announced Frizinghall correctly since day 1 (I signed them in prior to first day in service in January 2001 and there was definitely no issue with how the stations were pronounced). It was the 331’s that didn’t.
I do so hope they run out of budget for the PIS on 333s

Welcome the board the Skipton train is so much better than the verbal diarrhoea produced by trainfx
You need to remember that the 333’s do not comply with disability regulations as they currently do not auto announce Kirkstall Forge or Apperley Bridge and the system they work on does not allow for additional announcements to be inputted.

They also work off the door cycles at stations for shifting on to the next station which buggers up if the doors need to be re-energised and re-closed whereas a GPS system works on the train’s actual location.

Whether it will be TrainFX or another system I do not know.