• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Not impressed with TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 158 Man

I was offered a job, only to have it taken away from me a week later due to a 'recruitment ban'!
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-051.gif
angry-smiley-001.gif
angry-smiley-005.gif
violent-smiley-043.gif

Severely disappointed! :( :cry: :-x <(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

There are alot of changes going on at First Group HR at the moment. Did they say they would keep in contact for when a future vacany comes up?

yardman

Hi 158 Man,

Am totally gutted about your job being taken away, I spoke to a manager at First GBRf (an area i am trying to get into) about a month ago and he said that First has issued a directive banning all recruitment until further notice, sounds like you had been caught up in this. Hope you get a resolution soon.

Yards

Jordy

Established Member
Oh dear, what a shame :( Sorry to hear about that

Interesting move by First! Wonder what they're playing at :?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Given all the management that have been relocated and removed recently it's probably no surprise, although is a shame if you have gotten so far in recruitment - particularly if you've handed in your notice with your current employer

I think First Group are cutting back on basically everything, however trying not to impact on Customer Service. ScotRail I know has changed quite alot in recent months, since the departure of Mary Grant.

The HR reshuffle is affecting ALL of the UK parts of the group.

I think its just the current economic climate, greyhound and the recent acquistition of laidlaw in the US is having an impact on First. I also hear agency work has been cut right back, so...it may be a long term issue with the operators.

mackenzie_blu

Hi 158 Man,

Am totally gutted about your job being taken away, I spoke to a manager at First GBRf (an area i am trying to get into) about a month ago and he said that First has issued a directive banning all recruitment until further notice, sounds like you had been caught up in this. Hope you get a resolution soon.

Yards

Not so true with FCC as they are looking for quite a few staff at lower levels at the moment tho its all internal only for the moment.

FCC - Acting MD is Jim Morgan (head of development at first group uk rail)

FSR - Acting MD is Steve Montgomery, Jacquie Dey is the acting Ops director.

Status
Not open for further replies.