• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Bus News

Status
Not open for further replies.

M60lad

Not all E200 are like this. Some of them will actually fly up hills, but I do see where you're coming from. Some of the ones Blazefield have got from Nottingham are just as bad at climbing hills for some reason.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Not all E200 are like this. Some of them will actually fly up hills, but I do see where you're coming from. Some of the ones Blazefield have got from Nottingham are just as bad at climbing hills for some reason.
Those little ones were the same in Nottingham, but then the long length ones with bigger engines ordered at the same time climbed hills like they were nothing

Trainman40083

They did unfortunately

And less reliable than the Cummins option
Seems to recall Trentbarton had the Mercedes engine until 836 which batch had the Cummins.

Had to laugh. High Peak 114 had a standing load on Solo 297 this morning. Checked later and Allestree Trentbarton route appeared to be down to two buses; of which one was 712. See, there is always someone that takes an opportunity when they see one

Last edited:

florence

Had to laugh. High Peak 114 had a standing load on Solo 297 this morning. Checked later and Allestree Trentbarton route appeared to be down to two buses; of which one was 712. See, there is always someone that takes an opportunity when they see one

The bus which comes down Kedleston Road around 0940 is always well loaded, it often beats the green allestree to be the first one down there to pick up the free bus passes. I also know that a fair few catch it out of choice as it's often quieter and more reliable than the allestree service.

Trainman40083

The bus which comes down Kedleston Road around 0940 is always well loaded, it often beats the green allestree to be the first one down there to pick up the free bus passes. I also know that a fair few catch it out of choice as it's often quieter and more reliable than the allestree service.
Certainly is more reliable. I was surprised how many passengers, who, like me, caught it to the railway station. No excuses from High Peak, like from others

Volvo142

712 was actually the only bus on Allestree for a while this morning, after 268 missed three trips and 266 broke down on the 1100 trip, to never be seen again....

Mickleover was down to three buses for a while, but then back to four instead of the PVR of six...

Trainman40083

712 was actually the only bus on Allestree for a while this morning, after 268 missed three trips and 266 broke down on the 1100 trip, to never be seen again....

Mickleover was down to three buses for a while, but then back to four instead of the PVR of six...
I had a look on Bustimes to see just how many Enviro 200MMCs were tracking around 16.45. In the case of Trentbarton, 27 out of 130 weren't and some had clearly come out of service like 266. At Kinchbus 6 out of 18 so . That equates to 21%/33% respectively. So had a look at Trentbarton Volvos, 701 to 751. Okay they are 15 years old. But that figure was 12.5% off (much better). Maybe, just maybe, the Enviro 200MMC is not reliable enough. Just checking some of the routes (Nines , 5 spare buses out, at least one diagram missing, Mickleover, Allestree etc). I did see one of the Allestree Enviros at the back of the dead lane at Meadow Road, from a passing train. Now 266 did seem to suffer between Corporation Street to Bold Lane.

Davidsb3

I had a look on Bustimes to see just how many Enviro 200MMCs were tracking around 16.45. In the case of Trentbarton, 27 out of 130 weren't and some had clearly come out of service like 266. At Kinchbus 6 out of 18 so . That equates to 21%/33% respectively. So had a look at Trentbarton Volvos, 701 to 751. Okay they are 15 years old. But that figure was 12.5% off (much better). Maybe, just maybe, the Enviro 200MMC is not reliable enough. Just checking some of the routes (Nines , 5 spare buses out, at least one diagram missing, Mickleover, Allestree etc). I did see one of the Allestree Enviros at the back of the dead lane at Meadow Road, from a passing train. Now 266 did seem to suffer between Corporation Street to Bold Lane.
Not been a good day for us at all with break downs(Me included with 751 and its wipers!!). From what i got told 266 went into limp mode. (from i got told 3 out of 4 are off the road with various issues.) and it seems the Allestrees are going through a stage of being tempremental again for some reason same with the mickleover ones aswell barring 102 with it blowing its engine a few weeks ago.

tram21

There were a few trips missing on the Indigo today which is unheard of with one sat broken on Friar Lane all afternoon. 669 is over at Langley Mill depot and 506 broke down on the Indigo.

Trainman40083

Not been a good day for us at all with break downs(Me included with 751 and its wipers!!). From what i got told 266 went into limp mode. (from i got told 3 out of 4 are off the road with various issues.) and it seems the Allestrees are going through a stage of being tempremental again for some reason same with the mickleover ones aswell barring 102 with it blowing its engine a few weeks ago.
Maybe they need to consider buying buses that are not Enviro 200MMCs. Okay, the Volvos have issues but they are 15 years old. Still the Trentbarton solution is buy more Enviro 200MMCs. Soon be quicker to walk

cnjb8

Established Member
Maybe they need to consider buying buses that are not Enviro 200MMCs. Okay, the Volvos have issues but they are 15 years old. Still the Trentbarton solution is buy more Enviro 200MMCs. Soon be quicker to walk
I don't think the MMCs are the problem, theres been a shortage of engineering staff hence why the backlog of buses under repair is so large. Plus Trent did look at buying Evoras for this years order but the build time was too long

bringiton

I don't think the MMCs are the problem, theres been a shortage of engineering staff hence why the backlog of buses under repair is so large. Plus Trent did look at buying Evoras for this years order but the build time was too long
Could be a mix of both rather than one or the other. Also from the looks of it Volvo 735 broke down yesterday, looks like kinchbus are overworking it

Trainman40083

Maybe the engineering staff are so busy doing reactive repairs, they have no time for proactive repairs.. If the EvoRa build time is so long, maybe order some for 2025 now. I understood they had stock vehicles. Not sure the problems will go away, unless there are more reliable buses. Seriously I know so many people who have stopped using the bus...

Could be a mix of both rather than one or the other. Also from the looks of it Volvo 735 broke down yesterday, looks like kinchbus are overworking it
Give Kinchbus two more Enviro 200MMCs and bring 735 back then

cnjb8

Established Member
Maybe the engineering staff are so busy doing reactive repairs, they have no time for proactive repairs.. If the EvoRa build time is so long, maybe order some for 2025 now. I understood they had stock vehicles. Not sure the problems will go away, unless there are more reliable buses. Seriously I know so many people who have stopped using the bus...

Stock vehicles would be no good because they would need to be retrofitted with a TrentBarton interior, much easier to place an order with an interior spec

Trainman40083

Stock vehicles would be no good because they would need to be retrofitted with a TrentBarton interior, much easier to place an order with an interior spec
Compared with not running many services and losing customers, especially fare paying ones, I can see why that would matter. Matters not to me. I can use other operators from the same area.

bringiton

Sorry, what's stock vehicles?

I would argue give them an ex threes versa which is yet to be repainted or better yet give them 827 since its just sat in the depot

Trainman40083

Sorry, what's stock vehicles?

I would argue give them an ex threes versa which is yet to be repainted or better yet give them 827 since its just sat in the depot
My understanding was that there were stock EvoRas, where , I don't know. Could be Volvo or is there a dealer that deals with smaller customers. Thought 827 was broken again. Even saw 99 in B garage around 14.30. As for ex Threes Versas, I doubt Notts and Derby will give 823/826 back in a hurry. Too valuable. They work. ;)

bringiton

My understanding was that there were stock EvoRas, where , I don't know. Could be Volvo or is there a dealer that deals with smaller customers.
Ah thought it might of been something like that
Thought 827 was broken again.
It is but in the time they have had it I think its been more of a problem than a help especially for saying it replaced derby's workhorse of Volvo 741

As for ex Threes Versas, I doubt Notts and Derby will give 823/826 back in a hurry. Too valuable. They work. ;)
Yeah they probably will return them when they are forced to

cnjb8

Established Member
Compared with not running many services and losing customers, especially fare paying ones, I can see why that would matter. Matters not to me. I can use other operators from the same area.
I mean I don't disagree with that, it's a bit comical to see them still enforcing these 'standards' when they can't put out a full service

Mugby

Established Member
There were a few trips missing on the Indigo today which is unheard of with one sat broken on Friar Lane all afternoon. 669 is over at Langley Mill depot and 506 broke down on the Indigo.
The 6.50pm Indigo from Derby to Nottingham on Wednesday evening was a Solo. Two words came to mind; barrel and scraping!

I was in Loughborough on Wednesday afternoon, trying to get to Nottingham on Kinchbus 9. The 1515 arrived but the bus was taken out of service because of "something wrong with it" (it was a Citaro)
I waited half an hour on Baxtergate, then the 1545 was cancelled.

I gave up, walked down to the station and got the 1607 train instead, at least that ran on time!

Last edited:

joieman

I was in Loughborough on Wednesday afternoon, trying to get to Nottingham on Kinchbus 9. The 1515 arrived but the bus was taken out of service because of "something wrong with it" (it was a Citaro)
They really are having trouble keep those Benzes going, aren't they? As nice to ride as they are, maintenance-wise, with only two left they're very much a non-standard vehicle type in the Wellglade fleet, and I suppose they could make life easier for themselves by selling them off and replacing them with a more common fleet type.

Hyebone

They really are having trouble keep those Benzes going, aren't they? As nice to ride as they are, maintenance-wise, with only two left they're very much a non-standard vehicle type in the Wellglade fleet, and I suppose they could make life easier for themselves by selling them off and replacing them with a more common fleet type.
A driver pal of mine said they’re the next ones off for scrap due to that very reason.

Mr TrainGuy

I suppose they could make life easier for themselves by selling them off and replacing them with a more common fleet type.
That's what they want to do as far as I'm aware. Heard rumours that some of the displaced Eclipse Urbans will replace them when trentbarton get their next batch of MMCs.
A driver pal of mine said they’re the next ones off for scrap due to that very reason.
Not surprising though, as 3 have been withdrawn already so it's only a matter of time before the last 2 are gone for good.

Trainman40083

The 6.50pm Indigo from Derby to Nottingham on Wednesday evening was a Solo. Two words came to mind; barrel and scraping!

I waited half an hour on Baxtergate, then the 1545 was cancelled.

I gave up, walked down to the station and got the 1607 train instead, at least that ran on time!
You could have caught the Nottingham route 1 like so many others... Those Solos keep going... But won't last forever.

Ah thought it might of been something like that

It is but in the time they have had it I think its been more of a problem than a help especially for saying it replaced derby's workhorse of Volvo 741

Yeah they probably will return them when they are forced to
Funny thing about the Enviro 200MMCs. Yesterday three of the six Micks were off, at one point, all four of the Allestree ones (one back today), then you look at Enviros of a similar, say the Nines. Yesterday 5 spare buses on the route, plus at least one diagram missing. That suggested at least 5 or 6 branded buses were off the Nines (out of 14). Maybe they all need new engines, doubt the money is there. The next thing we know is that Trentbarton and Notts and Derby will have their own team of engineers at Derby. It would ensure all the Notts and Derby buses get repaired.. People say Trentbarton can't get engineers, yet surely Arriva Derby can. Is any other operator dropping as much mileage? I'll end by saying that as a railway man, the trains are loving the extra business where they are an option..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.