• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nuneaton to Bangor on a Sunday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprinterMan

Established Member
On both Sunday the 14th and 21st of December, I need to get from Nuneaton to Bangor as quickly as possible, arriving as close to 10:30pm as I can. As far as I can see the best way of doing it would be 1F21 1905 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street from Nuneaton to Crewe and then 1D93 1908 London Euston to Holyhead from Crewe to Bangor. If I split tickets at Crewe, there are some decent advance tickets available as well. The issue I have is that the connection time between the two trains at Crewe is slightly less than the minimum allowed for Crewe, so the connection is not "official". How likely am I to make the connection? The trains run along the same route from London to Crewe so I would assume the LIV train HAS to go first otherwise it fouls the timetable. What do people think? Any alternative journey suggestions (avoiding New Street)?

Adam :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
1F21 stops at Stafford (Platform 3), so 1D93 (Down Fast Line at Stafford) could overtake there if things are running late. It also looks like a platform change involving a footbridge at Crewe (P6 to P12).

I personally wouldn't risk that on Advance fares, but I don't know of a cheap alternative you could use.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Virgin North Wales services usually use Crewe Platform 11, Liverpool usually 6 but could be 11. 6-11 is cross platform

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Virgin North Wales services usually use Crewe Platform 11, Liverpool usually 6 but could be 11. 6-11 is cross platform

Platform 11 is occupied by a Holyhead-Birmingham International ATW service during the time period in question, hence the Euston-Holyhead uses 12 - I doubt you'd put anything in there if you didn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.