• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NWM June update

Status
Not open for further replies.

D306

Established Member
The Trainsimcentral Forums said:
v06.08, the interim update has been released at http://bve4.net

• Corrects TPWS installation. TPWS is now only fitted to selected signals at junctions and with high SPAD risk as per real life. Overspeed TPWS sensors approaching reduced speed restrictions are now correctly positioned before the reduced speed restriction, set at a speed within a trains braking curve.
  • Updates various parts to scenery including passing train and stock models.
  • Adds PA announcements to principal stations recorded exclusively for NWM by Mr. Phil Sayer.
  • Adds diagrams for the recently released class 323 refurb and unrefurb at trainsimcentral.co.uk and classes 150/1 & 150/2 Sprinter DMUs at Coxster.co.uk.
Enjoy,
The NWM team
http://www.trainsimcentral.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2309&p=19968#p19926

Enjoy. Download link in quote

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
excellent :) just annoying that I've just finished editing the objects on the feb one to my fictional TOC :roll:

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
what a great interim!

Its great you guys managed to get Phil Slayer to do recordings for NWM such a feature! I suspect he done it in his free time as well?

I wonder if you could get him to record Virgin West Coast or something, as Network West Midlands service to Hammerwich sounds odd on a 390 diagram

class 313

Established Member
what a great interim!

Its great you guys managed to get Phil Slayer to do recordings for NWM such a feature! I suspect he done it in his free time as well?

I wonder if you could get him to record Virgin West Coast or something, as Network West Midlands service to Hammerwich sounds odd on a 390 diagram

Why is it odd? As you're not driving on the WCML, you are driving NWM.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
oh I think I see what you mean...

..Network West Midlands is a TOC with 323s, 158s, 150s, 142s, Voyagers, 390s??
Not being sarcy either just a it mis-understood this end :?

Anyone wish to paint a 390 in NWM livery :D

Coxster

Established Member
oh I think I see what you mean...

..Network West Midlands is a TOC with 323s, 158s, 150s, 142s, Voyagers, 390s??
Not being sarcy either just a it mis-understood this end :?

Anyone wish to paint a 390 in NWM livery :D
I'm not totally convinced by that as the various trains are in the TOC liveries. I always thought of it being a reference to the real Network West Midlands network. I'm sure the creator's can confirm/deny that.

P156KWJ

Established Member
yeah you could just drive a train with no stations with no announcements, or you could edit the sounds yourself!

D306

Established Member
It makes it much more realistic. Yes, people did critisize the 170 from BVERN, because it had announcments, but if people are going on about wanting it more realistic, then there you go. Announcments are the way forward in BVE at the mo

Established Member
The announcements, really is a superb addition to NWM. I don't get to hear Phil much up 'ere, but to have him do it, for free, and in his own time, is a credit to him, and a credit to the NWM Team!

Can't wait now for the next update, though i'll be on Vista next time, should be fun :?

P156KWJ

Established Member
I think getting Phil Sayer is just about as pro as you can get, how would they have managed to get him? Knock on his door holding a dictophone and a script? :lol:

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Ahh yes i see about copyright issues, didnt think about that. Good point, since Virgin is a copyright name.

Confusion cleared, thanks :D

156401 - didnt phil slayer have a website? They could have e-mailed him and asked him to do such, and if he agreed, maybe then sent him a script?

Cheers,

James.

Bill EWS

My thanks to everyone for the latest updates. The set of routes just gets better and better and is now extremely realistic. My only grumble is that the frame rates are really being pushed on my computer and with the HST I was getting around 5-6 frames for much of the time. This improves with other trains and I can only get my best rates by starting from a fresh reboot and closing down the Virus and Firewall programmes. But outside this I become more and more impressed with the fantastic work and detail that has gone into NWM and what a scoop to get Phil Slayer to produce these Announcements. Fantastic. And there is even better to come.

Thanks a million guys.

Bill EWS.

EE Type 3

Established Member
Just to add my bit to this, Network West Midlands isn't a TOC, it's all the TOCs that operate the diagrams in the West Midlands. So all the services come under that banner, it's just you only see the stickers on Centro and London Midland units.

Great update, downloading it now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.