• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

{ONE} B Quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
B quiet please! 'one' launches quiet coach on Mark 3 trains
16 February 2006

'B Quiet Please' is the message from 'one' as the train operator launches quiet coaches on its new Mark 3 trains.

As the roll out of the new Mark 3 carriages continues on the Norwich - London mainline, each of the train sets will have a 'Quiet Coach' situated in Coach B.

By June, the company will be operating 14 Mark 3 train sets on the mainline, replacing all its Mark 2 carriages.

'one's restaurant carriages are already designated as quiet coaches.

'one' is asking those who travel in Coach B and the restaurant cars to show respect for other passengers by remembering:

To use all electronic equipment quietly

No mobile phone calls. Passengers are asked to switch mobile phones to silent or discreet mode, and go to the vestibule at the end of the carriage to talk.

Mainline business director, Andrew Goodrum, said, "We recognise that some customers find mobile phones and personal stereos intrusive, and prefer to relax or work quietly on board. The quiet carriage has been set up in response to dozens of customer requests and we felt that the best time to implement the change was during the roll out of our Mark 3 fleet."

Link

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
and why is that? I often go in the quiet coach if one is available myself, its usually nice and quiet except for the odd individual who will start chatting on his damned mobile. Or the odd kid who can't shut up

Sprog

Established Member
HSTfan!!! said:
and why is that? I often go in the quiet coach if one is available myself, its usually nice and quiet except for the odd individual who will start chatting on his damned mobile. Or the odd kid who can't shut up

:oops: :oops: You been talking to h-o-w? :shock: :oops:

Tom B

Established Member
Julian G said:
As the roll out of the new Mark 3 carriages continues on the Norwich - London mainline, each of the train sets will have a 'Quiet Coach' situated in Coach B.

Last time I looked Mk3 carriages were a good 30 years old...

Nick W

Established Member
They have been around on the odd set for quite a while now.

I went in one and saw the conductor made a business man move just because he had a silent laptop but didn't move any people making more noise....

The trains not yet refurbed don't have quiet coaches but have dark coaches and cold coaches at times.

Jim

Established Member
HSTfan!!! said:
Or the odd kid who can't shut up

No, I agree with you. Actually, TBH, on the early Saturday Paddys, I am normaly the only person in it:shock:

swt455

ONE's

new MK3 fleet

and new class 156s always make me laugh!!

I cant see how ONE can accept OLD mk3 coaches that have spent their life working tearing up the WCML rather than keeping their MK2 stock which havent gone as far

also anyone know the DBSO and DVT situation

Julian G

Established Member
swt455 said:
ONE's

new MK3 fleet

I cant see how ONE can accept OLD mk3 coaches that have spent their life working tearing up the WCML rather than keeping their MK2 stock which havent gone as far

it looks like DVT might be replacing the DBSOs

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They def. are - you can't refurbish rust :p

ChrisCooper

Established Member
The Mk3s arn't even that much newer than the Mk2s. Discounting the DVTs and the few Mk3b FOs they have, the age gap between the newest Mk3 and the oldest Mk2 is 8 years (1972-1979). Even that is taking into account the couple of 1979 build buffets. The Mk3 SOs were built between 1975 and 1977, with the 3a FOs built between 75 and 76. Not sure when they entered service on the WCML, but it's interesting to note that the "old" 312s were introduced on the ECML in 1978, although production of that batch did start in late 1976. The last hauled Mk2s though were built in 1974.

Sprog

Established Member
swt455 said:
ONE's

new MK3 fleet

Two reasons:

SRA and Leasing Compaines

Basically, ONE got screwed over......

Status
Not open for further replies.