• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pacer liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
My favourites are either the original Provincial light blue that most of the 142s and 143s were delivered in, or the Northern Spirit livery later carried by a handful of 142s. Though there's quite a few liveries that the Pacers have worn well overall, in my opinion.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Best: a three way tie between Valley Lines, Skipper, and the first variant of WYPTE red. Honorable mention for the Iranian Railways silver and green livery that some of the 141s got.

Worst: Arriva standard livery. Didn't even try to hide the bus origins of the units. Dishonourable mention for the ePacer with the stupid smile on the front.

gka472l

Skipper, as carried by 142015-142027 when new to Laira, hoping 142023, if it does go to the Plym Valley Railway, gets this livery!

Neptune

Established Member
Skipper, as carried by 142015-142027 when new to Laira, hoping 142023, if it does go to the Plym Valley Railway, gets this livery!
142023 is perfect for it as it has the original seats also. Shame it had the FNW mods such as the luggage rack.

adh144004

Best: General livery - Regional Railways.
Best: PTE livery - WY Metro 'Silvery Blobs'

All Time Worst: Northern Rail

SteveyBee131

Got to be Northern Spirit for me, perhaps I'm biased though as my favourite 142025 (may she rest in peace) carried it. However I quite like alot of the liveries Pacers carried over the years.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Got to be Northern Spirit for me, perhaps I'm biased though as my favourite 142025 (may she rest in peace) carried it. However I quite like alot of the liveries Pacers carried over the years.
Northern Spirit managed to come up with a livery that was striking without being garish. The standard green was only ever applied to 142s and 156s before their parent company (MTL) collapsed and were taken over by Arriva. A shame they weren't as good at running trains as they were at painting them!
In terms of a livery "hiding how rubbish and old the unit is" the Northern Spirit green takes some beating, though the interior refurbishment also helped there. Of the more recent liveries only GWR on the 143s comes close. Must be something about green paint I guess...

Parallel

Established Member
WY Metro red and grey, FGW local lines and ATW Mark 2 livery (the one without the cream bits) are my favourites

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Winner! Also honorable mention to WYPTE in both guises
Both? There were 4 different ones carried by Pacers over the years:
  • Buttermilk & Verona Green, 141s only.
  • The first version of "Raspberry Ripple" with the broad cream stripe, refurbished 141s and 144s from new.
  • The revised version of the above, with Regional Railways branding and a narrower cream stripe. 144s.
  • Arriva Trains Northern-era "silver bubble" carried by 144s after they were refitted with 2+2 seating.

Neptune

Established Member
Two:

green and white.
Red
There were 3 versions of red as mentioned above. It’s like saying there was only 1 version of first group livery, blue.

Both? There were 4 different ones carried by Pacers over the years:
  • Buttermilk & Verona Green, 141s only.
  • The first version of "Raspberry Ripple" with the broad cream stripe, refurbished 141s and 144s from new.
  • The revised version of the above, with Regional Railways branding and a narrower cream stripe. 144s.
  • Arriva Trains Northern-era "silver bubble" carried by 144s after they were refitted with 2+2 seating.
The first version of red also had a narrow yellow stripe below the cream band.

Status
Not open for further replies.