• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paid up penalty fare., but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementalpat

I paid up the remaining balance on my penalty fare and now I have a letter demanding payment plus an admin fare of £20.

Seriosuly! Are the corrupt company trying to scare more money out of me!? If I have paid up, why I am being sent a further demand for payment???

Tried to phone the number given my Revenue Protection Support Services but after being on hold for 8 minutes i refuse to pay any more for their premium rate number.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yew

Established Member
Its possible the letter could have been sent out before it had registered you had paid the PF

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
If you paid before the deadline then just ignore further demands. It takes time for payment to be processed so it could be the case that it was sent out before your case was closed.

najaB

Veteran Member
Tried to phone the number given my Revenue Protection Support Services but after being on hold for 8 minutes i refuse to pay any more for their premium rate number.
If you were calling 0844 544 8458, then you can 01730 235302 (or possibly 023 9369 8302) instead, at least according to SAYNOTO0870.COM

island

Veteran Member
Don't bother with the phone. Assuming you did indeed pay within the allotted time (bearing in mind the deadline is the time by which the payment needs to have been received, not sent) then a short reply restating the date and method of your payment and ending with words to the effect of "I consider the matter closed and would appreciate your confirmation of the same".

Status
Not open for further replies.