• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Part Time Weekend Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Well...ACTUALLY, I have a free pass because my dad is a signal man. :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What used to happen was I'd run along side the car, and my dad would pass the papers to me. And If he wasn't available, I used to just lift 29kg of papers (one morning it was 35kg) onto my shoulders and just get it over and done with

That 35kg one was my absolute limit, i had a limp for 2 days after, and my shoulder was num, i only weighed 55kg when i did that one, I'd never forget it

Wow, even delivery staff employed by Royal Mail are subject to a maximum 20kg in one bag!

Gizmogle

Established Member
Yeah, but they don't usually make me fill them out.
Some are just really nice, while others just don't look properly.
I'd be buggered if I had to start paying for trains. I have to get upto Leicester most weekends, and Midland Mainline notice my pass more than other TOCs. Eeek!

Craig

Established Member
Well...ACTUALLY, I have a free pass because my dad is a signal man. :p
I have one of them too ;)

I'd be buggered if I had to start paying for trains. I have to get upto Leicester most weekends, and Midland Mainline notice my pass more than other TOCs. Eeek!
You know boxes are valid for 50 hours and you can also use it to get 75% off tickets without needing to fill in a box?

Gizmogle

Established Member
Really? I thought they were only valid for 24hrs? That's what my dad told me anyway!
I knew you could get cheap tickets, but I didn't realise it was 75%! That's a bit good! :grin:
London Underground accept them too. I only have to pay £1 for an all day underground pass!
Don't suppose you know when the Eurostar offer will be on again? Where you only have to pay like £12 to go to France.

Craig

Established Member
Really? I thought they were only valid for 24hrs? That's what my dad told me anyway!
I'm pretty sure they're all 50 hours, mine is. If you put tomorrows date on one it would be valid from 22:00 tonight until 23:59 on Wednesday, if that makes sense?

I knew you could get cheap tickets, but I didn't realise it was 75%! That's a bit good! :grin:
IIRC that's only off open and cheap day tickets, still good though :D

Don't suppose you know when the Eurostar offer will be on again? Where you only have to pay like £12 to go to France.
Dunno, there's a list of current offers and stuff on the ATOC website though:
http://www.atoc.org/rst/

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
London Underground accept them too. I only have to pay £1 for an all day underground pass!

Priv entitlement on London Underground is only avaliable for "protected" (ie: started before some date in 1996) NR staff/family. It's 75p for a Child Travelcard or £2 for an adult (z1-6, any smaller combinations not avaliable) - in addition with a form from employer, you can also get Oyster PrePay with a Priv - £2 daily capping but not valid on buses.

metrocammel

Yeah, but they don't usually make me fill them out.
Some are just really nice, while others just don't look properly.

Wait, how old are you? If your U16, according the the NFM it is 88% discount , with a £2 flat fare if your travelling with a (priviledged?) adult . Obviously if you are over 16, as Craig said, it is - 75%.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's a £2 max fare for any Priv Child - not just one with an adult (includes First Class for those with FC entitlement).
It's also 88% off the ADULT fare, not the Child one for anyone interested. Any fares that work out less than £2 are charged accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.