• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Penalty fare for wrong ticket, potentially off route

gray1404

Established Member
I would also be clear about there being no requirement for an excess to be obtained before boarding the train.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
though perhaps you don't need to tell them that NRCoT apply to Mersyrail?)
I really don't think that it does any harm to spell out every single point. It's not just a case of taking the appeal officer through your argument in easy steps - you need to go over the bridge instead of using the stepping stones so there's no chance of them falling off by them making an assumption.

AdamWW

Established Member
The rest is OK (though perhaps you don't need to tell them that NRCoT apply to Mersyrail?).

I think we have seen Merseyrail in the past claim that they are exempt, so maybe it does need saying.

robbeech

Established Member
The rest is OK (though perhaps you don't need to tell them that NRCoT apply to Mersyrail?).

I think we have seen Merseyrail in the past claim that they are exempt, so maybe it does need saying.
Absolutely this, they do believe they are exempt from any rules, as does the rest of the railway so it’s always important to remind them, if only to alert them to the fact that you are aware of the rules.