• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photoshop of the week [WARNING: Large Images]

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
rukos9.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Death

Established Member
Hail again! <D
Nice image...But may I ask; Why all the white-space around it? :shock::?
(Have a taste of this slightly edited down, dial-up friendly version! 8))

And as for other "Paintshops", let's see what I've got in my attachment archive and HDD... ;)

Railway related:
attachment.php

Shortly after outsourcing Thunderbird operations, Network Fail note some rather unexpected consequences... :roll:

attachment.php

Things wern't exactly going to plan on the APT-Ps first journey through the Channel Tunnel... :lol:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Left: Only a BAL-SAGOTH fan would really understand this one. <D
Right: The USB standard has truly revolutionised how connections - Of all varieties - Can be made... :shock:

attachment.php

After the needless "failure" of the APT project, BR's merchandisers rightly decide to "make a monkey" out of BR's Board of Directors... <(

Other, non railway images:
attachment.php

Recent highway improvements in High Wycombe were well received by road users... 8)

attachment.php

And all Donald Rumsfeld had done was to type "WMDs" into Google... :lol:

attachment.php

Krispy Kreme doughnuts - Hot now! (Indeed, a little hotter than usual...) :shock:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Nemesis: Awesome! <D Oblivion: Tiresome... <(
(Originally posted on rollercoaster enthusiast boards during frequent "Nemesis vs. Oblivion" debates.)

attachment.php

Yes, computers are expensive things nowadays...But here at Microsoft, we'll do everything we can to help! 8)​
Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Attachments

• Cadburys_Double_Decker_and_Fudge_merger.jpg
    Cadburys_Double_Decker_and_Fudge_merger.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 41
  • George_Bush_WMDs.jpg
    George_Bush_WMDs.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Channel_Tunnel_gone_awry.jpg
    Channel_Tunnel_gone_awry.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 137
  • hotnow.jpg
    hotnow.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 136
  • HW_Install_-_Siemens_450.jpg
    HW_Install_-_Siemens_450.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Magick_roundabout_-_Last_chance.jpg
    Magick_roundabout_-_Last_chance.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Sagoth_joke_BR_Ticket.jpg
    Sagoth_joke_BR_Ticket.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Windows_warning_web.jpg
    Windows_warning_web.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 134
  • yell1.jpg
    yell1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 138
  • yell2.jpg
    yell2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

BJMorley

Train_Photters.jpg
I tried to a leicester station sign but didn't work!!
Do you like? <D <D I couldn't resist it!!!
Brandon

Death

Established Member
Hail Brandon! <D
Attachment 908
I tried to a leicester station sign but didn't work!!
Do you like? <D <D I couldn't resist it!!!
Brandon
Nice one mate...Nice one! <D
And best of all, ye have to look quite hard to see which bits of the sign have been edited in...Indeed, at a smaller resolution (Say 800x600) ye probabally wouldn't be able to spot the differences at all! :D

May I ask what the sign originally said? I can see "Train --- must --- --- ---..." as original text, but looks to me like ye've replaced whole words to avoid the usual artifacts of a Photoshopped image, such as variably lit lettering. 8)
(Given it's "Train [something] must [some several things]", I am wondering if the original sign is a notice referring to railway enthusiast activities. The photo looks to me like it was taken at Derby, and that is a popular location for spotters as far as I know! :))

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

BJMorley

Train Spotters must not pass this point. It is the sign at Derby, I edited the deep scratch out at P (which in real life is the T in "this"), and it was from the Scavenger Hunt we did a few weeks back. This sign is the most ignored sign at Derby, with most spotters gathering past the sign!!

And the best of all is - That I didn't use Photoshop at all!!!

I use Paint.NET, and is a better version of MS Paint, being designed as a replacement for the original version, but then decided not to, so it is now Freeware. You can also use plug-ins on Paint.NET, like new brushes, other program add-ons, and I'm looking on the forum for a GIF Animator to make animated Destination boards on Buses, and probably some trains.
You can get it here at www.getpaint.net I think!!

Brandon

Death

Established Member
Hail again Brandon! <D
Train Spotters must not pass this point. It is the sign at Derby, I edited the deep scratch out at P (which in real life is the T in "this"), and it was from the Scavenger Hunt we did a few weeks back. This sign is the most ignored sign at Derby, with most spotters gathering past the sign!!
I did get a feeling when I first saw the sign that it might be something spotter related. I havn't been to Derby since September 2006CE (For the last ever Bloodstock Indoor festival! :sad:) but I suppose it's possible that when last there, I may have seen the sign out of the corner of my eye and subconciously noted it. :)
And the best of all is - That I didn't use Photoshop at all!!!
I use Paint.NET, and is a better version of MS Paint, being designed as a replacement for the original version, but then decided not to, so it is now Freeware. You can also use plug-ins on Paint.NET, like new brushes, other program add-ons, and I'm looking on the forum for a GIF Animator to make animated Destination boards on Buses, and probably some trains.
Several of my friends use Paint.NET for their image editing, and - From what I've seen (Plus thy excellent effort above!) - It's a very good program. Was it originally developed by Microsoft, or was it done by someone else adopting the .NET suffix? :)
The only reason that I havn't installed it here is because - Aside from the fact that I'm prohibitively lazy - I've become accustomed to doing Photoshop-style tasks manually in classic Paint, and most of the time I manage to get a good result! 8)

Anyhow - Your sign just inspired me to do one that draws on popular drug culture...Hope that ye like it as much as I do, and that it doesn't breach any form of board T&Cs. 8)
(This is not intended as promotion of drugs in any form whatsoever...Remember: Cannabis is still illegal in the UK! :))
attachment.php

Don't be selfish...Share the fun! :shock::roll::D

attachment.php

Oh...And I was having a bit of a problem with my Windows CE-based GPS this morning, too... :lol:
Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Attachments

• No_Bogarts.jpg
    No_Bogarts.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 153
  • Win32_Satnav.jpg
    Win32_Satnav.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

BJMorley

Paint.NET uses Microsoft .NET Framework to operate, so this is where the ".NET" Prefix comes from. There's a little mistake in my explanation, to Alumini Students made this as a alternative to MS Paint, and was mentored by MS. It's now turned into a free alternative to programs like Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, The GIMP and Microsoft Photo Editor.
A little problem I found is that if you have a smallish screen 15" to 17" It gets to crowded with the colours, tools and layers boxes, and wish you could make them smaller to see what your editing!!!
Brandon

BJMorley

Paint.NET's Website said:
It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP.
Well, it's a good free alternative if it's compared to these!! Anyway GIMP takes ages to load, that takes 10 seconds odd.
Brandon

Death

Established Member
Hail again! <D
Paint.net said:
It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP.
Well, it's a good free alternative if it's compared to these!! Anyway GIMP takes ages to load, that takes 10 seconds odd.
I've tried using The GIMP before, and found it far too slow and complicated for my liking...That said though, I was using an older version that was shipped with Redhat Linux 9 - So it's possible I might not notice as much slowdown and inconvenience from not being able to control it with the keyboard in the Windows version. :)

Anyhow...Just came across this little doodle that I did a while ago whilst clearing out my temp folder. It's only a simple edit really...But it emphesises quite well what an HST would become if it had an original Valenta engine and I was sat at the controls... <D
attachment.php

Death's HST...10x faster than the original! <D (Higher resolution 1280x861, 161Kb version)
Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Attachments

• Deaths_HST_1250_-_Thumbnail.jpg
    Deaths_HST_1250_-_Thumbnail.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Deaths_HST_1250_-_Full_res.jpg
    Deaths_HST_1250_-_Full_res.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 8

Crompton Karl

Anyhow...Just came across this little doodle that I did a while ago whilst clearing out my temp folder. It's only a simple edit really...But it emphesises quite well what an HST would become if it had an original Valenta engine and I was sat at the controls... <D
attachment.php

Death's HST...10x faster than the original! <D (Higher resolution 1280x861, 161Kb version)
Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Just wanted to show my general appreciation for this wonderful pic death. Thanks for cheering up my day man :)

Karl :)

FusionRail

No because a 14 i a Teddy Bear, and the 56 is bigger, as a Grizzly Bear is bigger, more angry/powerful than a Teddy bear would be.

FusionRail

No teddies are awesome, cant beat Ventura thrash! Plus D9523 has Aluminium cylinder heads, and therefore sounds like a HST with a VP185 on idle!

Death

Established Member
Hail again everyone! <D
Just wanted to show my general appreciation for this wonderful pic death. Thanks for cheering up my day man :)
No problem man...I'm very happy to hear that ye liked it! 8)
Oh dear Gods...Ye just gave me an idea for yet another of my own borderline MS-Paint efforts! :shock::lol:;)
attachment.php

It's another beautiful, cool morning as Yeti - With a little helping hand from Enid - Hauls another trainful of sightseers up to the summit of Snowdon... :lol: (Higher resolution 1280x852, 162Kb version)

Also - Here's another one that I ran across whilst Googling-up material for the above...
attachment.php

Is it me...Or was this locomotive's restoration finished off using MS Paint? :shock::roll::lol:

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Attachments

• Yeti_works_the_SMR_-_Web.jpg
    Yeti_works_the_SMR_-_Web.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Yeti_works_the_SMR_-_High_res.jpg
    Yeti_works_the_SMR_-_High_res.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Finished_in_MS-Paint.jpg
    Finished_in_MS-Paint.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 137

FusionRail

they are not slow and are most certainly not awful

They are limited to 40mph because otherwise the coupling rods would be damaged. They could do up to 60mph. 650hp is not bad either for essentially a shunting/trip loco, or for a preserved line!

Teddy thrash bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <D

Status
Not open for further replies.