• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Places with disused 1st Gen tramlines still embedded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle

Established Member
Back on topic, try these narrow-gauge tracks in Swanage (okay, not a tram as much as a track for stonecarts):

3109930_11059c7e.jpg

Image © Malc McDonald on Geograph

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

table38

Established Member
Sort-of related: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1593938_metrolink-workers-uncover-tram-route-back-to-victorian-age

Part of Rochdale’s historic tram network has been unearthed – just yards away from where work is taking place to build a new line.

Construction workers dug-up the old Victorian line where they are now extending the Metrolink system.

But just a few inches below ground level they found the remains on the town’s old tram network, which ran along virtually the same route until it was axed 80 years ago on November 12, 1932.

C_71_article_1593938_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Trainfan344

Established Member
Not technichaly a tramway, but the docks lines for Lowestoft are still there.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
There are first generation Tram lines still used to run a museum tramway in Manchester for the Heaton Park Tramway, part of the line is still in place from its original workings.

Martin Bryan

This one:
2063545_e02cd9ff.jpg

When I went a few years ago, I thought they were disused.

As for the OP,

When I went to Newquay as a child I remember walking along these,
347345_02364647.jpg

The Newquay tramway

6315787954_53356a73d5_z.jpg

Folkstone harbour

Obviously the Kingsway trams in London
14716_kingsway_entrance1.jpg

4287741907_bea128297c_z.jpg

Portsmouth

Shrimper

Noticed some beneath a pothole on Cambridge St in Manchester as well today; plus I think I saw some on Upper Brook St where a giant hole has appeared due to what looked like a drain collapse!

Sox

Noticed some beneath a pothole on Cambridge St in Manchester as well today; plus I think I saw some on Upper Brook St where a giant hole has appeared due to what looked like a drain collapse!

pictures?

Kali

I think they're missing a trick !

I think they're missing a trick in parking ticket/tow-away recovery charges, for one... even if they don't run boat trains, just run something small up & down there every day & rake in the penalty tickets :P

Kali

The entire route is double-yellowed anyway :P

Can one of those old TRAMM units pick up a car? ( see what I did there? :P ). Towing away by train would be a creative solution to mass parking offences...

Every time I've been down there it's been jammed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.