• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Please hold on......." Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darklord8899

......it will get to the point where you will get the following
"Welcome for boarding service x to y
"Please sit down"
"Bus is about to depart/move Please hold on"
Repeated "this is service x to y next stop is z"
"Please do not fart on th bus"
"Please hold onto your children"
"Please do not hold on to the doors"
"Please hold on to your pram/pushchair/luggage"
"Please do not breathe too much to allow every passenger fair oxygen allowance"
"Passengers are requested not to sneeze/cough/pick your nose on this bus"
"You, you about to sit in the priority seat, you are not a priority passenger, jog on!"
:lol::|

Buggleskelly

Just travelling on the 53 and now there is the following announcement 'This bus is ready to depart' which is announced as the bus driver begins to close the doors. Is this a new trial? I was on the 24 earlier and did not hear it.

I was on the 365 and 294 earlier, no unusual announcements thus far. Maybe TfL are trialling it on random services this time rather than the whole network.

AJW12

Yes - I've heard this. I was on a 38 which decided to 'wait for a short time' about 5 minutes into the journey from Clapton Pond, and then it played the 'This bus is ready to depart' message. Was kind of nice to hear but since the bus was empty not sure it was quite necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies.