• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PlusBus £2 Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

themeone

I'm trying to book a return Fareham - Southampton online with a Southampton PlusBus, but each time I try it shows the PlusBus at normal price rather than at the £2 offer price.

So far I've tried on Southern, Southeastern and Thameslink sites. Is there a trick to this that I've overlooked?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philjo

Established Member
The Plusbus site reports that those TOCs do not currently have the Plusbus offer available through their websites.

so book through any other TOC (except SWT as they do not offer plus bus at all )

£2 online offer availability
London Midland, Southern, Southeastern and Thameslink websites are retailing PLUSBUS day tickets, but have not got the £2 online offer available yet. They are aware of the problem and are working to resolve this by 14 July 2016.

All other TOC website (except South West Trains) are running our £2 online offer.
(issued: 13 July 2016)

http://www.plusbus.info/news

kieron

Established Member
So far I've tried on Southern, Southeastern and Thameslink sites. Is there a trick to this that I've overlooked?
You probably noticed that the three sites have a ticket search page which look very similar to each other. In general, trying something on pages which look different is likely to give more varied results.

Wolfie

Established Member
You probably noticed that the three sites have a ticket search page which look very similar to each other. In general, trying something on pages which look different is likely to give more varied results.

So GoVia are as inept at creating/running websites as they are at running trains huh...

infobleep

Veteran Member
Most companies offer PlusBus on their website.
But not this offer according to the Plusbus Web Site. Where as other TOCs are taking up the offer via non Web Site means but South West Trains have chosen not to. They are perfect entitled to do so. I just wondered why.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

themeone

As of this morning it seems Southern, at least, do have PlusBus at the £2 offer price. Not before time either.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
But not this offer according to the Plusbus Web Site. Where as other TOCs are taking up the offer via non Web Site means but South West Trains have chosen not to.

The new SWT website has stopped selling Plusbus full stop. Nothing to do with this offer.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
East Coast couldn't sell Plusbus tickets for an extended period of time a couple of years ago. No idea why.

hantsman1205

I'm trying to book a return Fareham - Southampton online with a Southampton PlusBus, but each time I try it shows the PlusBus at normal price rather than at the £2 offer price.

Try Virgin

infobleep

Veteran Member
The new SWT website has stopped selling Plusbus full stop. Nothing to do with this offer.
OK. I think I misunderstood. I thought the offer wasn't available online anywhere but perhaps it's that it's only available online and u misread the original post. Hence my confusion.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

lj9090

Are there any sites which can be persuaded to sell just the +bus ticket? I have a season ticket that enters a plusbus area already, so shouldn't need to buy an additional rail ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.