• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plymouth Citybus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAIRA

You spoke too soon. Enviro 400 worked 11 to liskeard after MTV last week, and one worked an early morning 11 today from liskeard to Plymouth!

Deckers worked a dupe for royal cornwall on the 11A with the dupe skipping Bodmin Parkway.

Yes you are correct deckers can work shorts to Liskeard,but the point I was making was the full route goes to Bodmin Parkway station, and thats another matter.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
Stagecoach South West state on their website that, effective 03-Sep-2017, they are taking over Service 36, which runs between Stoke (Plymouth City College) and Plymouth City Centre. This route is currently operated by PCB. The new timetable is on TravelineSW.

Dave

richw

Veteran Member
Stagecoach South West state on their website that, effective 03-Sep-2017, they are taking over Service 36, which runs between Stoke (Plymouth City College) and Plymouth City Centre. This route is currently operated by PCB. The new timetable is on TravelineSW.

Dave

I'd heard around 4 weeks ago PCB lost the Plymouth City College tender. The College branded buses I understand would be moved on.

DaveHarries

Established Member
I'd heard around 4 weeks ago PCB lost the Plymouth City College tender. The College branded buses I understand would be moved on.
Wonder what Stagecoach will call up then. Presumably they have spare vehicles in Plymouth although perhaps a transfer or two from Exeter to coincide with the service changes there which are effective same date?

Dave

richw

Veteran Member
Wonder what Stagecoach will call up then. Presumably they have spare vehicles in Plymouth although perhaps a transfer or two from Exeter to coincide with the service changes there which are effective same date?

Dave

They are slowly withdrawing the 2004/5 Tridents so I half expect them

LAIRA

408 now in the lower yard at Milehouse withdrawn.
409 donated to Allsaints Academy Plymouth 7/17

DaveHarries

Established Member
No sooner do PCB implement one lot of service changes then they go and announce another round wef 03-Sep-2017. Routes affected:

Plymouth: 5, 5A-5C, 8, 9, 14, 14A, 32, 34, 34A, 45, 46, 46A, 46B, 61, 62
Cornwall: 11, 11A, 11B, 12A, 12B, 70A/B, 71A/B, 72, 75, 76, 77/A, 79/A

Among these:
- Of the Plymouth routes, Services 8 & 9 to be branded as Green Flash. There is no mention of any changes to Services 4 & 4A which currently have the Green Flash branding.

- Services 45 & 46 to pass to Dartline

There is no mention of Stagecoach taking over Service 36.

Details:
https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media...1 HOT TOPICS LEAFLET & NETWORK UPDATE (1).pdf

Dave

richw

Veteran Member
No sooner do PCB implement one lot of service changes then they go and announce another round wef 03-Sep-2017. Routes affected:

Plymouth: 5, 5A-5C, 8, 9, 14, 14A, 32, 34, 34A, 45, 46, 46A, 46B, 61, 62
Cornwall: 11, 11A, 11B, 12A, 12B, 70A/B, 71A/B, 72, 75, 76, 77/A, 79/A

Among these:
- Of the Plymouth routes, Services 8 & 9 to be branded as Green Flash. There is no mention of any changes to Services 4 & 4A which currently have the Green Flash branding.

- Services 45 & 46 to pass to Dartline

There is no mention of Stagecoach taking over Service 36.

Details:
https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media...1 HOT TOPICS LEAFLET & NETWORK UPDATE (1).pdf

Dave

There is also changes to operations from next Sunday, well Monday. Callington outstation officially opens for the start of their week on Sunday, although it has no Sunday services out of it, so first day of ops will be Monday.
Some 12s, the 72 which starts the day as a 12, the 79, and some Bodmin college buses I believe are the ones the run out of callington outstation,

GBM

First were hoping to secure the contract for student transport for Callywith College, but PCB won it.
http://www.callywith.ac.uk/how-we-support-you/transport/

Buses

Callywith College have partnered with Plymouth Citybus to provide the college bus service. All buses will be Wi-Fi enabled to support your study whilst you travel. The Callywith College bus pass provides access to our dedicated college services as well as year round access on all Plymouth Citybus Zone 4 Go Cornwall services.
((Picture of bus in College branding but didn't it transfer here))

Details of our college services and timetables can be found below:

Bus Timetables

180 - BUDE AND CAMELFORD
179 - GUNNISLAKE AND LAUNCESTON
174 - LISKEARD AND PENSILVA
172 - LOOE AND LOSTWITHIEL
189 - FOWEY AND ST AUSTELL
11/11A - PADSTOW AND BODMIN PARKWAY
182 - DELABOLE AND WADEBRIDGE

Last edited:

GBM

First were hoping to secure the contract for student transport for Callywith College, but PCB won it.

Buses

Callywith College have partnered with Plymouth Citybus to provide the college bus service. All buses will be Wi-Fi enabled to support your study whilst you travel. The Callywith College bus pass provides access to our dedicated college services as well as year round access on all Plymouth Citybus Zone 4 Go Cornwall services.
((Picture of bus in College branding but didn't it transfer here))

Details of our college services and timetables can be found below:

Bus Timetables

180 - BUDE AND CAMELFORD
179 - GUNNISLAKE AND LAUNCESTON
174 - LISKEARD AND PENSILVA
172 - LOOE AND LOSTWITHIEL
189 - FOWEY AND ST AUSTELL
11/11A - PADSTOW AND BODMIN PARKWAY
182 - DELABOLE AND WADEBRIDGE

83G/84D

Established Member
WA12 ADU parked at at the Roselyn garage at St Blazey early this morning.

richw

Veteran Member

Part of the college requirements were double deckers under 10 years old. The only suitable First buses in Cornwall would be the MMCs at present.
I gather from a well respected insider that First did not submit a tender bid.

WA12 ADU parked at at the Roselyn garage at St Blazey early this morning.

It is to operate an 11B whatever that entails.

83G/84D

Established Member
Part of the college requirements were double deckers under 10 years old. The only suitable First buses in Cornwall would be the MMCs at present.

It is to operate an 11B whatever that entails.

Thanks, never seen one parked there before.is that as a result of a timetable alteration or something similar?

richw

Veteran Member
Thanks, never seen one parked there before.is that as a result of a timetable alteration or something similar?

The st Austell/Fowey college bus is being outstationed there. One of the Liskeard drivers lives in the Par area so he is now based there.

He runs a decker into Bodmin college in the morning, then takes a bus swap to a single decker and operates an 11B service which I believe is pretty much a Bodmin town service. Mid afternoon he swaps back to a decker for the return to st Austell and Fowey from college.
They are also outstationing one bus somewhere in Bodmin that I've forgotten.
Today as the college hasn't returned he took the single decker from the start.

The 63 plate Enviro 400s are allocated to the Bodmin college services.

83G/84D

Established Member
The st Austell/Fowey college bus is being outstationed there. One of the Liskeard drivers lives in the Par area so he is now based there.

He runs a decker into Bodmin college in the morning, then takes a bus swap to a single decker and operates an 11B service which I believe is pretty much a Bodmin town service. Mid afternoon he swaps back to a decker for the return to st Austell and Fowey from college.

Thanks for the information.How did things go with Jurassic mule yesterday? I didn't go because of the bad weather.

matt_splat

what's with the Random Journey that starts from Sladesbridge at 15:33 in the afternoon

richw

Veteran Member
what's with the Random Journey that starts from Sladesbridge at 15:33 in the afternoon

I don't know, I presume positioning, the college buses are being outstationed all over the place... any business with suitable premises that would accommodate them it seems! I shall enquire from a friend on the inside.

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
Enviro 518 (WG63 HHW) with overall advert for Callywith college enjoying Cornish hospitality at Roselyn garage this morning.

richw

Veteran Member

Clarified this from a driver.... it's a school service that moves from closed to open door at sladesbridge, presumably a majority of kids are only as far as sladesbridge.

richw

Veteran Member
Enviro 518 (WG63 HHW) with overall advert for Callywith college enjoying Cornish hospitality at Roselyn garage this morning.

514 is now at Roselyn for tomorrow's first college day. 518 was in the new Bodmin outstation this afternoon.

This week they've opened outstations at callington, Bodmin, and Roselyn Par. Maybe a hint of things to come in the longer term once the college runs are up and running,

Attachments

• IMG_5173.jpg
    IMG_5173.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 48

Busaholic

Veteran Member

Interesting, if true, because when I commented on the First Kernow thread some months ago that there must come a point where FK didn't submit a tender bid for school/college services because the additional vehicles/drivers etc required for a maximum of 10 journeys a week for 40 weeks of the year made the logistics unsustainable I was informed I was wrong, and FK would always submit a bid. Seems that they have changed that policy!

richw

Veteran Member
Interesting, if true, because when I commented on the First Kernow thread some months ago that there must come a point where FK didn't submit a tender bid for school/college services because the additional vehicles/drivers etc required for a maximum of 10 journeys a week for 40 weeks of the year made the logistics unsustainable I was informed I was wrong, and FK would always submit a bid. Seems that they have changed that policy!

I don't believe the policy has changed. A clerical error I gather.

plymothian

I have no idea. They used to be ERG but as I haven't been on a Citybus since the contactless equipment has been installed, I don't know if it's an upgraded ERG or a different brand altogether.

Elburton

I have no idea. They used to be ERG but as I haven't been on a Citybus since the contactless equipment has been installed, I don't know if it's an upgraded ERG or a different brand altogether.
Citybus have new machines by Ticketer.

DaveHarries

Established Member
It seems that PCB can't leave their routes alone: anothr round of changes from 03-Dec-2017 includes the 4/4A (City Centre - Saltash) being replaced by an extended Service 5 (and 5A?) although the route will be revised to serve more of Saltash. Changes also to 5, 5A (5B & 5C withdrawn), 14, 14A, 16, 20, 20A, 32, 33, 34, 34A, 35, 35A, 40, 41, 43, 50, 50A, 51, 70, 70A & 70B.

The 4 & 4A will be replaced by revisions to Service 5 (and 5A?) which is / are extended back to Saltash as in times of old. Also Service 32 replaced by 70, 70A & 70B which undoes a change made earlier this year IIRC?

Details: https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/4025/Hot Topics.pdf

Dave

richw

Veteran Member
The 4/4a were also only recent changes by splitting the plymstock to Saltash down to plymstock to City and Saltash to city as seperate routes.

The 70 was renumbered to 32 to take it out of the Go Cornwall sequence of route numbers, as they are nearly all numbers in the 70s.

Both are reversals of changes made around May or June.

Edit- Actually I didn’t read it, the 32 isn’t renumbered. It’s withdrawn with the 70 to and from The Rame Peninsular being rerouted to cover the 32 route after coming off the ferry.

Status
Not open for further replies.