• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Power Points In Standard Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The Grand Central trains have them ( and free wifi)

The former MML set on East coast does NOT have sockets or wifi.

fgwrich

Established Member
Correct, no powerpoints in Standard when I was on a 444 on Saturday, between Southampton Central and Fareham (a bit off-route, but there was a reduced service).

I'm sure 444s only have sockets in the first class section and the same part in the other driving coach

Yep, as said by MCR247, the power points in SWTs 444s are only found in First Class and at each table seat at the rear end of the 444 / standard class...

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Arriva 175's used to have power points on them in Coach B only (in 175/1 units only), but having been on Coach B of 175112 last week, they are not there and the radio system in the arm rests has been switched off too :(

simonmpoulton

Arriva's 175's never had power sockets in Coach B, only the entertainment system which hasn't been working fully since FNW days. They do have an unregulated power socket "Not For Public Use" in Coach A however near the wheelchair space.

ScotRail's class 334 have two per carriage. They're hidden away, possibly for use by cleaners, but I've never been pulled up for using them. There's no "Not for passenger use" stickers like the 170s have.

There's one next to each set of doors, between the glass windbreaker and the seat backing on to it, about 30cm from the floor.

Also, class 380s have two at each table.

Status
Not open for further replies.