• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv Discount Combined With Oyster Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNER 91128

Is this possible?

Just trying to find out for my dad and how he'd go about getting it if he can. Would save him having to que up in the booking hall to buy tickets.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

phil1960

westcoaster

Established Member
Also depending on what toc he works for you might be eligible to a priv Oyster card, both safeguarded and non safeguarded staff get this where I work.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Also depending on what toc he works for you might be eligible to a priv Oyster card, both safeguarded and non safeguarded staff get this where I work.

Only FCC has this arrangement, and the card for non-Safeguarded staff is only valid on Underground, Overground (Lorol) and DLR services.

Anyone holding a Safeguarded Priv is entitled to Priv rate Oyster PAYG travel on Underground, Overground (Lorol), National Rail and DLR services.

For Safeguarded BR staff, a form is available from the Rail Staff Travel website which must be authorised and taken to LUL ticket offices: http://www.atoc.org/about-atoc/rail-staff-travel/forms. For Safeguarded LUL/TfL staff a form is available on the TfL Intranet or by calling TfL Staff Travel.

westcoaster

Established Member
Only FCC has this arrangement, and the card for non-Safeguarded staff is only valid on Underground, Overground (Lorol) and DLR services.

Anyone holding a Safeguarded Priv is entitled to Priv rate Oyster PAYG travel on Underground, Overground (Lorol), National Rail and DLR services.

For Safeguarded BR staff, a form is available from the Rail Staff Travel website which must be authorised and taken to LUL ticket offices: http://www.atoc.org/about-atoc/rail-staff-travel/forms. For Safeguarded LUL/TfL staff a form is available on the TfL Intranet or by calling TfL Staff Travel.

Forgot about that cheers Mojo

GNER 91128

Thank you for all the replies!

I had a priv up until I left education years ago, how I still miss it!

My dad was made redundant in 97 when Virgin took over the WC, he kept his priv as part of his pension I believe or for the 33 years service.

6Gman

Established Member
Well worth doing - but a bit of a pain.

You apply for a form. Fill it in. Send it to Darlington (?). They endorse it and send it back to you.

You then take it to an Underground station (the TfL office on Euston NR won't do it), hand over the amount you want to place on the card, and it's issued.

Phew!

GNER 91128

You apply for a form. Fill it in. Send it to Darlington (?). They endorse it and send it back to you.

You then take it to an Underground station (the TfL office on Euston NR won't do it), hand over the amount you want to place on the card, and it's issued.

Phew!

Yep definitely gonna get him to do it as you can only be singles and returns at priv rates from the the underground booking halls.

6Gman

Established Member
Yep definitely gonna get him to do it as you can only be singles and returns at priv rates from the the underground booking halls.

As I say, well worth doing it (especially as you can no longer get a PT Day Ticket). It also means bus travel in London is easier (though if he's got a Bus Pass it'll be free anyway).

Probably best to do it at a quiet station/ time of day. Queueing up for half an hour at Euston to then hold up the queue for a further five minutes ain't much fun! :D

barrykas

Established Member

For reference, travel facilities for Retired staff are handled by Rail Straff Travel in London now, not by rpmi.

6Gman

Established Member
For reference, travel facilities for Retired staff are handled by Rail Straff Travel in London now, not by rpmi.

Thanks for that clarification. I thought it had changed, hence the question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.