• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Progress of delivery of cascaded/refurbished/PRM modified stock to TFW/Wales and Borders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anamyd

On Moderation
Does anyone know what the current situation with the ex-GA and ex-EMR 153s is...?

ex-EMR 153313/321/326 have been in service - are they still in service...?

ex-GA 153306/314/322 have been in service but I heard they went back to Landore - is this the case and is it for cab modifications (though wasn't that what they were there for before...?)

As for ex-EMR 153310 and ex-GA 153309/335, I have these as not having entered service yet - is this still the case or has/have one/two/all three of them entered service...?

sd0733

Established Member
Does anyone know what the current situation with the ex-GA and ex-EMR 153s is...?

ex-EMR 153313/321/326 have been in service - are they still in service...?

ex-GA 153306/314/322 have been in service but I heard they went back to Landore - is this the case and is it for cab modifications (though wasn't that what they were there for before...?)

As for ex-EMR 153310 and ex-GA 153309/335, I have these as not having entered service yet - is this still the case or has/have one/two/all three of them entered service...?

Of the ex Anglia units today:
306, 309, 314, 322 are unallocated, 335 is on the ex 37 diagram from Rhymney with 153327 and 143602.

The ex EMR units;
310 is 04:47 to Llandovery then Fishguard and onto Pembroke Docks, 313 unallocated, 321 also on Pembroke Docks and 326 on Heart of Wales.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Of the ex Anglia units today:
306, 309, 314, 322 are unallocated, 335 is on the ex 37 diagram from Rhymney with 153327 and 143602.

The ex EMR units;
310 is 04:47 to Llandovery then Fishguard and onto Pembroke Docks, 313 unallocated, 321 also on Pembroke Docks and 326 on Heart of Wales.

Of the unallocated ones, 306, 314 and 322 returned to Canton yesterday after a few days at Landore

Last edited:

Anonymous10

Established Member
321 was running today but didn't see what the prm compliant unit was it was definitely a 153 in the white tfw livery tho

Neen Sollars

Again thanks to Peter Tandy for this photo. Not sure I agree with his observations. I thought the Vivarail paintshop was beyond the workshops which are further north from this shed, I think it is visible as a single line canvas framed building on Google Earth. If any of these are TfW vehicles, and I can see two have some red paint showing, then the contract delivery is going to be seriously late. I would guess at least two of these are the Island Line units and they may be lined up ready for transport to the new facility at Southam for completion. I know there are a few D78 experts out there so are these driving cars or centre cars, looks at least one end car.

http://www.petertandy.co.uk/230s_LM_230320

Wrong thread!

Cardiff123

Established Member
Are there any TfW 150s that are still awaiting PRM mods now? There can't be many still left to do and I'm guessing all of the 158s are fully PRM modified now?

Adlee Turner

Just a heads up, there appears to be a path for today from Eastleigh TRSMD to Cardiff Canton, arriving here just before 1pm. If I remember correctly, there’s a photo of a class 67 in TfW livery with a Mk4 set that’s recently been in the workshop in Eastleigh, could this potentially be the first 67 in TfW livery and Mk4 set to come to South Wales? (Which if it does run, could be for fitters training at the depot maybe?)

Cardiff123

Established Member
Have TFW withdrawn all their pacers now? GWR have and northern have withdrawn most.
I didn't think this was a serious post on first reading. TfW haven't withdrawn any Pacers, and they can't withdraw any until all 9 x 769s are in daily passenger service. I'm pretty sure that GWR haven't withdrawn any Pacers either, and are running theirs paired up with 150s.

IamTrainsYT

I didn't think this was a serious post on first reading. TfW haven't withdrawn any Pacers, and they can't withdraw any until all 9 x 769s are in daily passenger service. I'm pretty sure that GWR haven't withdrawn any Pacers either, and are running theirs paired up with 150s.
it is serious - im not from the area so im not "keeping up" as well as with other stuff.

I think you seem to think I mean in general? I mean at the moment because of coronavirus

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

GWRs 143s should currently run around paired with 150s but at the moment due to the coronavirus most have been placed to one side in Exeter New Yard on a rarely used siding apart from a couple that went to Bristol for some reason.

IamTrainsYT

GWRs 143s should currently run around paired with 150s but at the moment due to the coronavirus most have been placed to one side in Exeter New Yard on a rarely used siding apart from a couple that went to Bristol for some reason.
yes - that has been discussed on the appropriate thread however I was asking about TFW's pacers.
No, there are still loads out in use.
No still on daily use
thanks for the more sensible replies everyone else

edit: I dont mean your reply is "not sensibe" @PHILIPE

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
yes - that has been discussed on the appropriate thread however I was asking about TFW's pacers.

thanks for the more sensible replies everyone else

edit: I dont mean your reply is "not sensibe" @PHILIPE

Thank you. I was replying to post which had a reference to GWR Pacers together with ATWs

Cardiff123

Established Member
it is serious - im not from the area so im not "keeping up" as well as with other stuff.

I think you seem to think I mean in general? I mean at the moment because of coronavirus
Apologies, I didn't realise you were referring to the situation with the coronavirus. I thought you were asking if TfW had withdrawn their Pacers permanently, you're post wasn't clear on this.

ls2270

Established Member
Just a heads up, there appears to be a path for today from Eastleigh TRSMD to Cardiff Canton, arriving here just before 1pm. If I remember correctly, there’s a photo of a class 67 in TfW livery with a Mk4 set that’s recently been in the workshop in Eastleigh, could this potentially be the first 67 in TfW livery and Mk4 set to come to South Wales? (Which if it does run, could be for fitters training at the depot maybe?)
Whatever it was scheduled to be it didn’t actually run!

anamyd

On Moderation
Have TFW withdrawn all their pacers now? GWR have and northern have withdrawn most.
to my knowledge, all 30 are still serviceable. they're allowed to be used until 31/7/20. It was mentioned in the last Senedd meeting with TfW Rail that they'll ask for extended dispensation if necessary - I reckon that if that were to be given though it would finally place the coupling restriction on them.

Anonymous10

Established Member
to my knowledge, all 30 are still serviceable. they're allowed to be used until 31/7/20. It was mentioned in the last Senedd meeting with TfW Rail that they'll ask for extended dispensation if necessary - I reckon that if that were to be given though it would finally place the coupling restriction on them.
Likely but only if they have enough trains to do so as the 769s and 230s still aren't in service

Neen Sollars

There is a Transport for Wales class 230 currently running test trials on the North Cotswold line, usually Evesham to Honeybourne a couple of runs a day. Hope to get pics soon, but lockdown may prevent usual reporters from posting.

sd0733

Established Member
150231 is due to head back to Cardiff this evening on 5Z50 after its PRM mods. Not sure what is heading up to take its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.