• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Provisional offer swtrains *Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmuk

Has anybody recently been provisional offered a job with swtrains,

i have pending medical and crb,

but they sent thought my medical letter, and at the bottom it dose say my employment with swtrains will start on the 14th of January:D,

i still haven't handed in a notice at my current job, dose anyone know if this is a 100% start date or not ?

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lmuk

I am going to, just wondered if anyone on here had recently done the full recruitment process,

W230

Established Member
i still haven't handed in a notice at my current job, dose anyone know if this is a 100% start date or not
Congrats! So no news was good news like we all said! ;)

I would contact SWT HR to be sure but this sounds to me like you'll be starting on 14th January. :D

lmuk

Yeah it was Thank you,

Also i have a 3 year references at my current job its just the other 2 years im worried about, i have given my previous job details but, i have no point off contact or no one at my last 2 jobs work there anymore to give me a reference would this affect my employment ???

Congrats! So no news was good news like we all said! ;)

I would contact SWT HR to be sure but this sounds to me like you'll be starting on 14th January. :D

W230

Established Member
When I started out o the railway this year they only contacted my current employer for a reference. I would put the others down and if SWT decide they need them and they're having problems getting hold of them then they'll probably recontact you.

Aubrey4444

but they sent thought my medical letter, and at the bottom it dose say my employment with swtrains will start on the 14th of January:D,

i still haven't handed in a notice at my current job, dose anyone know if this is a 100% start date or not ?

thanks

can i ask how long after the interview you had the medical as i passed all mine on the 5th dec with SWT so waiting for the medical and hopefully a job offer for a main line driver

thanks

lmuk

well it did take 3 weeks after my interview, i found out i was successful, via email as i kept on at them, and then they phone me the next day booked my medical in for the 3rd of January and then my start date is the 14th

can i ask how long after the interview you had the medical as i passed all mine on the 5th dec with SWT so waiting for the medical and hopefully a job offer for a main line driver

thanks

Sm1

@lmuk

I recently started at SWT on the 3rd of December.
Had my interview on the 7th of November and was informed hours later that I had been given a provisional offer. I did my medical on the 29th of November and went straight to HR induction and PTS the following week.
I had a word with my manager the same day I received an offer from SWT and explained the crazy situation I was in, being unable to give 4 weeks notice and the uncertainty of actually starting on the 3rd I found myself in the situation you are in now.
I can only suggest you speak to your current manager and let them know whats going on.

Medicals are at friars bridge around the corner from waterloo station.

lmuk

hello,

when i started and had your induction,

did the provide u with a travel card or id card to get the trains ?

and how did the pay work, did your salary start right away ? or was u just paid just for the days of training ?

thanks

@lmuk

I recently started at SWT on the 3rd of December.
Had my interview on the 7th of November and was informed hours later that I had been given a provisional offer. I did my medical on the 29th of November and went straight to HR induction and PTS the following week.
I had a word with my manager the same day I received an offer from SWT and explained the crazy situation I was in, being unable to give 4 weeks notice and the uncertainty of actually starting on the 3rd I found myself in the situation you are in now.
I can only suggest you speak to your current manager and let them know whats going on.

Medicals are at friars bridge around the corner from waterloo station.

Class2ldn

Your paid a month in lieu so the first month is lived on your last months wages from your old job so if you dont work a months notice it can be a struggle.

lmuk

Oh okay,

well i start swtrains on the 14th so i will get paid the following month, from my salary that i am offered ?

thanks lm

Your paid a month in lieu so the first month is lived on your last months wages from your old job so if you dont work a months notice it can be a struggle.

Class2ldn

Yeah but it depends when they pay. Its normally every 4th week on a Friday, well it is at my toc so not sure if they will pay you at the end of jan or give you a month and a half wages at end of feb. Just be prepared as it can be a real ball breaker until you get paid. My pay for jan is 1st feb as its the 4th Friday. I get paid 4th jan for this month

lmuk

Oh i just worried that my training not being like full time hours the might only for what u work, i am going part time at my current job, and i get paid on the 25th off jan so im sure that cover till swtrains,

just hope i pass my medical, :)

Yeah but it depends when they pay. Its normally every 4th week on a Friday, well it is at my toc so not sure if they will pay you at the end of jan or give you a month and a half wages at end of feb. Just be prepared as it can be a real ball breaker until you get paid. My pay for jan is 1st feb as its the 4th Friday. I get paid 4th jan for this month

Monty

Established Member
hello,

when i started and had your induction,

did the provide u with a travel card or id card to get the trains ?

and how did the pay work, did your salary start right away ? or was u just paid just for the days of training ?

thanks

You will be issued with a temporary staff rail pass until your issued with your 'proper' one, this is valid on SWT's services only and you will have to wait a further six months before you recieve your ATOC priv pass.

I can confirm next month's pay for us on SWT is January 4th and we are paid every four weeks on the Friday.

Oh i just worried that my training not being like full time hours the might only for what u work, i am going part time at my current job, and i get paid on the 25th off jan so im sure that cover till swtrains,

just hope i pass my medical, :)

All training is done on a full time basis irrespective if you will be a full time or part time employee. I'd have to know what grade you have applied for to know how long the training for you would be.

lmuk

Hello i am going to be a ro2 station assistant,

so the training is part off the salary, because that's just the thing,

your not paid just for training once completed then your on salary ?

thanks

You will be issued with a temporary staff rail pass until your issued with your 'proper' one, this is valid on SWT's services only and you will have to wait a further six months before you recieve your ATOC priv pass.

I can confirm next month's pay for us on SWT is January 4th and we are paid every four weeks on the Friday.

All training is done on a full time basis irrespective if you will be a full time or part time employee. I'd have to know what grade you have applied for to know how long the training for you would be.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
ps
sorry so if i start on the 14th,

will i get paid in febuary or will i have to wait for march,

thank you

Monty

Established Member

thanks

ps

thank you

You will be paid for the training you do at work and as I mentioned before it will be on a full time basis. If you start work on the 14th of next month your first pay cheque will be due on the 1st February.

leonardos84

thanks

Yes it is..........i am starting that day as well mate.....my medicals is on the 8th of january......

thanks

ps

thank you

I got the ro2 gpr role for clapham junction.....we starting same day mate...
hope to see you soon :)

lmuk

Ahh cool mate :)

i am ro2 line cleaner for kingston :)

exciting, so where will do all this training will it be basingstoke ?

thanks

Yes it is..........i am starting that day as well mate.....my medicals is on the 8th of january......

I got the ro2 gpr role for clapham junction.....we starting same day mate...
hope to see you soon :)

Monty

Established Member
Bit of a mission lol ,

Do u know what the hours are ?

All training is more or less done on a 9-5 basis, though most days you get let out a little earlier than that. ;)

lmuk

Thank you,

also i have to cover 5 years of references,

i got a very good 3 year one,

but my other 2 i left without notice, due to problems with managers at both the jobs,

in which one the manager has been dismissed, would this effect my application ?

i have informed swtrains, but i have never been dismissed

leonardos84

Thank you,

also i have to cover 5 years of references,

i got a very good 3 year one,

but my other 2 i left without notice, due to problems with managers at both the jobs,

in which one the manager has been dismissed, would this effect my application ?

i have informed swtrains, but i have never been dismissed

Dont think it will affect your application mate....Nobody is allowed to give a bad reference if you havent done anything wrong....if they do they are liable to be sued.....

lmuk

Oh okay, well the hr did just say there checking the dates and making sure i haven't been dismissed from a job, which i havent just left a job with no notice, thats the only thing that worry's me, i really want this job,

I know its only a line cleaner ro2 but its a step in and it sounds like hard work which i like :)

Dont think it will affect your application mate....Nobody is allowed to give a bad reference if you havent done anything wrong....if they do they are liable to be sued.....

leonardos84

Oh okay, well the hr did just say there checking the dates and making sure i haven't been dismissed from a job, which i havent just left a job with no notice, thats the only thing that worry's me, i really want this job,

I know its only a line cleaner ro2 but its a step in and it sounds like hard work which i like :)[/QUOT

Yeah its all in the right direction, after sometime you can put in for a guard job or driving positions and there are gonna be loads of those vacancies next year....
Hope we hook up @the training tho

lmuk

Yeah man it be good, i take you done some training there before ?

is it all classroom work ?

just want to get it all out the way and start training

Status
Not open for further replies.