• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question for Gareth Hale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonBVE

Well talking about petrol cost, here is SD$3.00 coverted will be £1.40 while dual carriages or heavy vehicles (Eg.Bus) would cost SD$1 or SD$2 converted will be 0.47 pounds or 0.93 pounds. We used imported oil.

Anyway nowadays I do find Singapore starting to become one of the pollution "family", at least we still get to enjoy the beautiful country's flower when we are on the motorway 5 KM near the airport driving at a speed of 90 MPH. What a wonderful time. Since the government had found that we are polluting they started taking actions. Littering will be force to forked out SD$100 --> £46.73, smoking in prohibted area will be force to forked out SD$500 --> £233.64 and spitting on the floor will be force to forked out SD$1000 --> £467.29. Second offence will have to pay double the price and put behind bars for several months.

Make things worse in the past the food centre used to have smokers smoking outside now they only have 10 tables to smoked rest of the area is prohibted to smoke.

One thing strange is everywhere I go is Trees and Flowers.;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

I also thought that rape seed oil and ovile oil coud be used as motor fuel too. In fact any type of vegetable oil will do

TicketMan

I beleive that only works with deisel engines (Deisel engines will burn pretty much anything...) however it is bordering on illegal (No fuel duty)

tramboy

"Some"? Most UK cars, or at least most of the newer ones on the road, will do 45mpg, and more if driven right. It's only "performance" cars that do less than that these days...and Land Rovers!

We have one car, a Honda Jazz (it's called a Honda Fit over there), and that does 40mpg minimum (as most Honda engines do), with it normally getting over 45mpg, and I've seen it get to 53mpg before now. What with the mad petrol prices over here, and then they are even increasing, it's surprising anyone can run a car.

Back on computers, we have three in the family. My laptop, the home laptop and a desktop in case the wireless network goes wrong. It also acts as the print server (and is therefore about 5 years old). No more, no less than we can do without.

Regards

Dave

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Not all cars here are bad, you can get some which do 45MPG.

Probably the ones made by non-American manufacturers..........

The Gricer

Compare all that to a class 66 loco who's 139 litre engine can do around 1200 miles on a 1440 gallon tank of diesel, which by my rough calculations amounts to around 0.8mpg or if you prefer 1.2 gallons per mile. :D

Frank

Richmond

When I went to the USA I had a 4.2 V6 hire car as standard, cost just over £15 to fill the tank and it was the biggest pile of crap ever driven. Arm chair seats, all mod cons and did 0 to 60 in...... well can't give an answer as I was only there a fortnight but given another week I reckon I could have got there. Back home I drive a nice 2.3 turbo car, can do 40 mpg on the motorway and will get to 100 in less than 10 seconds topping out at 155 due to the restictor, built like a brick but would beat any american crap in a race, everything except maybe a gt40 which is the second best thing to come out of america apart from a flight home.

Ben

to back Gareth up, Some of the Older Mercs do have Armchairs

AlexS

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Quite a lot of cars here have chairs like arm chairs.

That's because they are crappy American ****. America is the worst country in the world - they gobble resources, fire up emissions worthy of 3 planets along with the Chinese, stick their noses in where it isn't wanted, and American's generally are a bunch of turds - they consider it a constitutional right to be happy and run off crying to their lawyers when they aren't. The whole sodding country should bugger off the face of the earth, it's a pile of self obsessed crap. And the chimp who escaped from the Zoo, that Bush fellow, should have his eyeballs put on cocktail sticks and fed to hamsters.

H

HR2

AlexS said:
That's because they are crappy American ****. America is the worst country in the world - they gobble resources, fire up emissions worthy of 3 planets along with the Chinese, stick their noses in where it isn't wanted, and American's generally are a bunch of turds - they consider it a constitutional right to be happy and run off crying to their lawyers when they aren't. The whole sodding country should bugger off the face of the earth, it's a pile of self obsessed crap. And the chimp who escaped from the Zoo, that Bush fellow, should have his eyeballs put on cocktail sticks and fed to hamsters.

Oh..........Alex I could not have put it better myself !!

H

HR2

dvn1357 said:
Too right Alex! And start calling him George Mush :lol:

I call him bird brain. Which come to think of it is an insult to birds. I'll have to think of something more appropriate.

Tom B

Established Member
Somewhere in Texas... a village is missing his idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.