• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Rail News' 1963 to 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.

CETRAILWAYS

I am seeking copies to complte the run for research and wondered if a member had seen any for sale and if so where ? Dealers I have approached are not interested in stocking copies.
Incidentally I believe I am right in saying the British Library hold the only known complete set as the National Archive runs are not complete.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

euryalus

Just a thought, but I am wondering if this request been posted in the wrong thread. Should it be moved to the Memorabilia & Publications section, which is intended to deal with "modelling, collectables, publications", etc?

Last edited:

deltic

Established Member
the very occasional copy comes up on ebay but I'm sure you probably already check that

Veteran Member
Long shot, but the East Lancs Rly has a dedicated s/h Magazine Stall tucked away, and they are content to take anything so just a chance someone might have offloaded some (they took a long run of Modellers off me when at least one other organisation wouldn't for space reasons....). Might be worth an e-mail?

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Please PM me with more details of what you are looking for. I am just in the process of moving house and a large pile of old Railnews-es is liable to end up in the recycling.

Best of luck in your search

CETRAILWAYS

Dear Dr Hoo

Many thanks for reply about Rail News. I think it would be unfair of me to ask you to check through your holdings and perhaps best if I took them all off your hands at an agreed sum and I sort them. What price are you after please ?

I have no transport so may need courier.

I live in Didcot Oxfordshire.

CETRAILWAYS
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Dear Dr Hoo

Apologies and forgive my ignorance I am having problems with PM option and perhaps please you could PM me following my last message.

I am visually impaired and may have missed PM instructions.

With apologies

CETRAILWAYS h

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Dear CETRAILWAYS,
The system says that you have 'not agreed' to receive Private Messages or else are 'not allowed' (presumably by an administrator) to receive them. So I cannot PM you.
Can you adjust your settings?
Dr Hoo

CETRAILWAYS

Dear Dr Hoo

Evidently I have to make two more posts for the PM system to work so only one to go...........meanwhile please try and hold on to papers !!

CETRAILWAYS

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Dear CETRAILWAYS,
No worries. I'll hang on.
(Large pile of Dandy and Beano went to the tip today. Why did I ever keep them? Practically worthless if you look on the web.)
Dr Hoo

CETRAILWAYS

Dear 30907

Many thanks for tip about the East Lancs who I am endeavouring to contact.

You have given me the thought I ought to spread the net to other preserved lines.

Best wishes

CETRAILWAYS
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Dear deltic

Yes good thought about E Bay and a gentle reminder to me.

Best wishes,

CETRAILWAYS

Status
Not open for further replies.