• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard Extension updates re Covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked on here and can not see any threads about but back in April/May time people on twitter was asking Railcards if they are going to give a Extension on railcards due to people not being able to use them during lockdown.

Railcard have pinned on there twitter page that they are talking to Rail companies on what they can do but there has been no updates since April/May.

so does anyone have any news on if they will give extensions on railcards and why it is taking so long for them to talk to TOC,s?

i think they hope people will forget all about it and buy new railcards anyway.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
I have looked on here and can not see any threads about but back in April/May time people on twitter was asking Railcards if they are going to give a Extension on railcards due to people not being able to use them during lockdown.

Railcard have pinned on there twitter page that they are talking to Rail companies on what they can do but there has been no updates since April/May.

so does anyone have any news on if they will give extensions on railcards and why it is taking so long for them to talk to TOC,s?

i think they hope people will forget all about it and buy new railcards anyway.
Yes, this is an important issue. My Railcard comes up for renewal in October but I've not used it since March for obvious reasons (and had not used it that much since December as it's 2 together so tends to be very much used by us at least for leisure travel).
I'm surprised the main media have not been on about this. Sort of thing they ought to be asking about given travel restrictions being eased now.

gtis

Hi
My senior rail card expired the first week
In August never got a reminder like I did
Last year. When I start using the trains again I will just buy a new one
Neil

Kilopylae

I paid to renew my 16-25 Railcard (which I almost exclusively use for leisure tbh) in February of this year, which was not, in retrospect, the best use of money.

Howardh

Established Member
At £30, the shutdown has cost me 1/3 of the railcard in effect, which is a tenner, and probably the railways need that far more than me! It would be good PR to extend them for four months, but I won't hold it against them if they don't. But if they need immediate cash, maybe they could reduce the 3-yr @ £70 down to £50 for a three-month period?

HORNIMANS

the thing about railcards is many journeys you can save the price of the railcard making just one trip. buy your railcard using Tesco clubcard only £10 for a year excellent vallue.

Status
Not open for further replies.