RailUK Forums Ticket Gallery Project

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by bb21, 9 Oct 2014.

1. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

When I walked past it yesterday, it was broken and had a piece of paper stuck to it telling people not to use it.

2. DEE-DE

DEE-DE Member

Are you interested in a through ticket to the Bodmin and Wenford Steam Railway from Penzance. I've also got on Ride Cornwall day ticket. Both are with 16-25 discount. I should be able to scan them next week (still on holiday and just on my way to Bodmin Parkway).

3. bb21

I have got examples of the Ride Cornwall but the Bodmin/Wenford ticket would be most appreciated.

4. DEE-DE

DEE-DE Member

Hello again

I added a few more extra, my free Scotrail tickets are zipped. I've got some more but it's hot and my battery is running low. I can also provide the Euro STD Single plus the extras for that in virgin condition if you prefer that.

At the moment I've got some Eastcoast catering vouchers for the future, and also some Advances from London International. But I won't upload these until after the journey.

Used I've also got the split tickets for a twin berth on the sleeper to London an a Zone U1 to Penzance STD advance.

Attached Files:

5. SickyNicky

SickyNicky Verified Rep - TrainSplit.com

Here are some reservation coupons with 4 people on each, from a recent trip to Scotland.

Attached Files:

6. crehld

crehld Established Member Senior Fares Advisor

Hi. Do let me know if you're interested in any (or all) of the following, which appear to be gaps in the gallery:

- Leeds to Stockport advance single 1st, new ticket style
    - Settle to Hellifield Anytime Day Single with Dales Railcard discount, new ticket style
    - Giggleswick to Bare Lane Anytime Day Return with Dales Railcard discount, coupled with an overdistance excess for Hellifield to Bare Lane.
    - Hellifield to Ribblehead Anytime Day Return with Dales Railcard discount.
    - Cheshire Day Ranger.

Let me know soonish or they'll end up in the recycling!

Last edited: 2 Aug 2015
  7. sciisfun

sciisfun Member

Do you want/have a special travel pass (standard) for first great western? also hoping to get a newly branded gWr one if they are going to produce them

8. bb21

Would be appreciated, yes.

9. DEE-DE

DEE-DE Member

Hi,
    I've attached a SailRail from Rosslare to Dundee which was bought from the ticket office at Dublin Connolly. The first file is the cover, the upper part being the outside and the lower the inside. In these there were the two coupons stapled inside. The boarding pass is just mine, received at Rosslare. These are all the coupons associated with this journey. I don't however have my friend's boarding pass.
    The first two I can provide in higher resolution as I've scanned everything as 600x600. I've put all the files in separate zip folders to prevent the forum software from resizing them. Also the Irish would've been able to book these through from Dublin. As we were unable to find the break of journey conditions in advance we bought separate tickets from Dublin to Rosslare for the day before. This cost just €1.99 more each but included reservations. I've also got two webfare tickets from Belfast to Dublin.
    I haven't scanned these yet but can do so at some point. Of these I've only got my own one. I can also provide the reservations from Fishguard Harbour to Edinburgh which were bought in Germany from DB as the TOC's telesales I called didn't seem to understand the fact that I was going to buy my ticket in Ireland.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 4 Oct 2015
  10. ooo

ooo Member

It would be interesting to see the DB reservation

11. DEE-DE

DEE-DE Member

I've attached the requested DB reservations. Again as zip files at higher resolution as well.

Also I'll be looking at some tickets I haven't posted yet. There should still be a bunch of DB London Spezials where I had decided to wait for the delay repay to come through. They might be of interest to you because of all the endorsements on the tickets and the Lndon International/Estar CIV tickets.

Attached Files:

12. Merseysider

Merseysider Established Member Fares Advisor

I didn't notice a section in the ticket gallery for European/international tickets, but perhaps with enough specimens it could be added? (unless I've missed it!)

I have several tickets from Germany and Italy I could upload and in the near future will have Spanish & Portuguese tickets, possibly more.

13. TonyMitchell

TonyMitchell Member

Apologies for the image sizes, as I don't appear to be able to make any smaller (Mods, please reduce them if you can)

Back to the 70s & 80s, some NCR21 Misprints from BRB Southern Region...

From Beckenham Junction:
    [​IMG]

From Coulsdon North (closed 04/10/1983)
    [​IMG]

From Groombridge (closed 08/07/1985):
    [​IMG]

From New Malden:
    [​IMG]

From Salfords:
    [​IMG]

From Thornton Heath:
    [​IMG]

From West Byfleet:
    [​IMG]

From Worplesdon:
    [​IMG]

14. ProfXavier

ProfXavier Member

Came across this strange ticket in my collection if its any use? Printed as though its a travel card.. but in merseyside!

Attached Files:

15. Kite159

Kite159 Veteran Member

I've come across a return part of a Heathrow Express ticket, printed on HEX stock (looks like from a kiosk) (Heathrow Rail to London Terminals)

Will try and scan it (doesn't look like the ones currently in the gallery under HeX)

Attached Files:

Last edited: 15 Mar 2016
  16. Requeststop

Requeststop Member

I have posted my last BritRail Pass here if you are interested.

17. tommy_train

tommy_train Member

If you would like a Merseytravel Walrus smartcard, I can scan mine in tomorrow for you? I dont have the receipt with it though, im afraid.

18. Kite159

Kite159 Veteran Member

Would this be of any use to you, a child gold card discounted anytime single ticket in the new format?

Attached Files:

19. transportphoto

transportphoto Established Member Quizmaster

I can't help but ask the circumstances behind this ticket being purchased? I'm somewhat doubting it was for its obvious use!

20. Kite159

Kite159 Veteran Member

Boosting the passenger numbers of Shippea Hill, as I was hoping to grab it and ride to Littleport, howeve it took longer to ride from Haling Road to Thetford than expected

After all an Anglia Plus day ticket probably wouldn't have added to the passenger usage figures. As for from Lakenheath, why not, only has a 3 and a half hour wait at Brandon ;)

Last edited: 29 May 2016
  21. dmoonuk

dmoonuk New Member

Sorry changed to a private message

Last edited: 7 Jul 2016
  22. peter.rabbit

peter.rabbit Member

Hello. I have a VTEC platform ticket that was issued on Saturday 9 July 2016 on the occasion of York station being temporarily gated using removable barriers for the race meeting. However it's just a printed slip of paper, not issued from a machine. Interested?

23. richw

richw Established Member

Probably a very rarely sold ticket. 1st class gunnislake to Newquay. Purchased for today's Cornwall meet.

Attached Files:

24. crehld

crehld Established Member Senior Fares Advisor

Is this project still going? I only ask because I have a few tickets which might be useful (some rangers and rovers which aren't yet covered, and an old Dales Railcard) but don't want to go through the effort of scanning them in if nothing's going to happen to them.

25. Merseysider

Merseysider Established Member Fares Advisor

I've attached a Lands End ticket; a fare which has not yet been added to the Flickr gallery.

IMG_6133.jpg

Last edited: 7 Jul 2017
  26. roversfan2001

roversfan2001 Established Member

I have some of the tickets that are printed in Rail Alphabet and have an Aztec code on if they're any use; and a scratch-off WY DayRover? Also some reservation labels from XC and VTEC. :D

27. Par

Par Member

I have a number of Footex tickets from Manchester (1980's) some on different coloured stock and some Edmondson type too.

Any interest in these?

28. r37

r37 Member

I have a SWT promo single, a few of the Aztec code tickets, some tickets that printed blank out of the machine and a ticket from Germany; would there be any use for these?

29. whhistle

whhistle Established Member

Are you interested in any blank examples?

I have access to a limited amount of them, but have stored a larger number from the past, from the grey seasons to older style railcards.

30. whhistle

whhistle Established Member

Here's an example of a X-Boundary w-mids ticket printed from the new XC machines.

[​IMG]

I have the original if you'd like it.
    Wouldn't like to have to use that for a week!