• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Station Picture Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Established Member
Looks like the temporary St. Pancras. But I didn't think the platforms at that side of the station were electrified.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Craig said:
Looks like the temporary St. Pancras. But I didn't think the platforms at that side of the station were electrified.
It certainly is! Thameslink used to run into those platforms at St Pancras when the tunnel was closed.

Craig

Established Member
Shows how good my observations skills are then... :p

Ok, how about this one? I've blurred the signal panel to make it a bit harder.

Attachments

• Where2.jpg
    Where2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 43

Coxster

Established Member
Craig said:
The 10 character thing is annoying :lol:
I find that. Been meaning to bring that up with Mr. Admin for all the good it'd do :p

WhatStationIsThis3.jpg

Zamracene749

Reckon thats Wylam. If you ever get up this far the Boathouse just out of of wiew is a canny pub.

I really should stay in more.....

The Snap

Established Member
Craig said:
Shows how good my observations skills are then... :p

Ok, how about this one? I've blurred the signal panel to make it a bit harder.

Slightly off topic, seen as though I haven't got an answer yet, but I recognised Wylam from the Tyne Valley route by eezypeazy (oh, and I also saw the picture on your galleries yesterday Craig!) :p :D

richa2002

Established Member
Rich said:
Slightly off topic, seen as though I haven't got an answer yet, but I recognised Wylam from the Tyne Valley route by eezypeazy (oh, and I also saw the picture on your galleries yesterday Craig!) :p :D
Cheat! ;) :p

Craig

Established Member
beermaddavep said:
Reckon thats Wylam. If you ever get up this far the Boathouse just out of of wiew is a canny pub.
I've been in the Boat House plenty of times :D

Rich said:
Yeah that shot was facing the same direction as eezypeazy's route. There's no photos on my site like that though (the station ones are facing the other way) ;)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Hmm, got a fairly difficult one here, reproduced with the authors permission.

GuessWhere.jpg

Now, here's a cryptic clue for you.

This station opened before the main station in this city, but closed before the main station. Yet it opened because the main station closed.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
Nottingham Arkwright Street?
Yep, Nottingham Arkwright Street was constructed due to the construction of Victoria station over running, and it later closed during 1958 or 1959, and reopened in 1967 when Nottingham Victoria closed to enable the Nottingham to Rugby Central DMU shuttle to continue running and finally closed for good in 1969. I believe that makes it the only London Extension station to re-open excepting those under preservation.

The platforms were actually cantilevered out over the side of the viaduct due to the viaduct only having room for the tracks, though the station building area was built down to the ground and wasnt cantilereved.

It's very difficult to find photographs of Nottingham Arkwright Street as was.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Guesswhere.jpg

I decided to blur out the station sign and other telltale things in the vicinity of the area. Arnt I wonderful. :)

Your clue be this,

It's not on a main line, yet main line (InterCity) trains run through this station and indeed occasionally call at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.