• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Random thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Really must go to bed and stop reading threads about political/religious/European stuff that I'd be far too scared to actually comment on anyway because I know I don't really know enough about it. (Does anyone?)
I'm glad I'm not in charge of important stuff. Far too complicated.
I'd find it hard to sleep if I had to invoke article 50 or decide how many seconds I was meant to shake Trumps hand for for instance.
I found it hard to sleep this morning when I knew I had some wood being delivered quite early.
Anyone for Horlicks then?

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That may have been a bad choice of words thinking about it.
I'm sure that it's ok to mention this mornings snail trails though?

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 21

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This morning at about 4am I was woken up by a tremendous banging (on the front door), I jumped out of bed and our oldest daughter said that there was someone at the door.
I opened the door and there was a young man standing there who seemed to be completely off his head on something (I don't think it was just alcohol either), telling me that he'd driven his car into a pothole near St David's and all the airbags had gone off.
He said he'd lost all his mates, didn't have a phone, his girlfriend was pregnant and he didn't know what to do. He said he wouldn't normally ask but could I give him a lift home to Coleford (about 10 miles away)?
I'd had a few drinks last night and hadn't been asleep for very long.
It was completely bizarre, he was only 21 years old and after a load of apologies to me he headed off on foot in the Crediton direction weaving about trying to hitch a lift.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well I hope you've all got to bed early because of the clock change and sent your Mother's Day cards etc folks?
If you're still up then I strongly advise getting some sleep or you'll pay for it in the morning. Goodnight...

TheEdge

Established Member
Well I hope you've all got to bed early because of the clock change and sent your Mother's Day cards etc folks?
If you're still up then I strongly advise getting some sleep or you'll pay for it in the morning. Goodnight...

Its 0458, my night shift was an hour shorter than it should have been.

But I will not sleep, I'm now staying up to go to look at toy trains in London. For I am clinically and criminally insane.

Domh245

Established Member

I stayed up all night to make sure that I caught the F1 in Melbourne. Not the most exciting race but a pretty nice result.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I didn't know the clocks went forward last night so was surprised when I looked at my bedside clock (radio controlled) and it was an hour later than I expected. Then I saw my watch and phone were an hour behind the bedside clock which I now suspected of being wrong (they sometimes behave oddly when the battery is low) but next I checked my PC and two more radio controlled clocks and it turned out my phone is wrong so I really have lost an hour. I presume it has fallen under my bed so I'll look for it later.

J-2739

Established Member

I didn't...

:cry:

D365

Veteran Member
I stayed up all night to make sure that I caught the F1 in Melbourne. Not the most exciting race but a pretty nice result.

I think I know who will have won, but is it worth watching the highlights?

Domh245

Established Member

I'd probably recommend watching them. A fair bit of action in the midfield, but it was a race mainly affected by strategy at the front and retirements towards the rear.

D365

Veteran Member
Poor Ricciardo. Just seen his car break down coming to the grid. Aussie bad luck continues :(

On a different note, I'm looking to change my mobile phone SIM. Any opinions on Virgin Mobile's "Triple 4G Data" offer? I'm looking at 2500 minutes and 6GB data for £12 a month.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member

I just watched the highlights on Channel 4 and apart from the unexpected winner for most of the race I was thinking : *Yawn*

This was not a race, it was mostly a procession of people driving around in circles. Even the on screen graphics were poor - the continuous report of the positions and gaps that usually scrolls along the bottom of the screen was not there this time.

D365

Veteran Member
This was not a race, it was mostly a procession of people driving around in circles. Even the on screen graphics were poor - the continuous report of the positions and gaps that usually scrolls along the bottom of the screen was not there this time.

For the moment I'm giving this new format the benefit of the doubt. There were some interesting strategy calls and the drivers seem to have enjoyed themselves.

SS4

Established Member
These forums are really small looking on a 3840x2160 resolution. The banner at top doesn't even reach half way across

SS4

Established Member
But they try to tell you that size doesn't matter.

(Try Ctrl+)

Indeed that's what I did (although with the mouse wheel instead of plus)

RailUK is not the worst website for this though

4K only came about because my monitor broke so I needed to pinch the monitor I was using as a TV and use it as a PC monitor

Last edited:

DaleCooper

Established Member
I can't pretend to have watched it (a bit before my time), but I just looked it up and it looks really good. I don't want to ruin your viewing so tell me about it later.
It says he sometimes used torture?

I've just been watching another Callan episode, if you're thinking of trying it I should warn you it's more "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" than "James Bond".

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've just been watching another Callan episode, if you're thinking of trying it I should warn you it's more "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" than "James Bond".

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is good, I've read a couple of Le Carre novels.

I'm working here today. I think they may have found the bodies again Dale.

Attachments

• IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 16

DaleCooper

Established Member
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is good, I've read a couple of Le Carre novels.

I'm working here today. I think they may have found the bodies again Dale.

Someone reported seeing a roach in the river and they're looking for more evidence of illegal drug use.

Status
Not open for further replies.