• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

CarrotPie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
I've noticed that too. Pretty much all allocations are gone as well.
For example, https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/L86772/2021-03-20/detailed has nothing, not even a train, while https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/L86715/2021-03-20#allox_id=0 has just the train, no unit numbers.
You need to click detailed view on the second link to see the unit numbers. That's how it's always worked.

OliverH68

There appear to be a few VST workings today between Herne Hill - Waterloo:

Operator shown as Southeastern, is there another planned diversion of services out of Charing X/Victoria again?
This is for route learning so that when 707s go to SE, SE drivers can be used out of Waterloo rather than GBRf.

spark001uk

Established Member
There appear to be a few VST workings today between Herne Hill - Waterloo:

Operator shown as Southeastern, is there another planned diversion of services out of Charing X/Victoria again?
If I had to guess, I'd say that could be route learning for SE drivers to collect more 707s off swr when the time comes.
Notice someone entered them as Herne bay by accident then cancelled them!

Morning all, there still is a problem with SWR units not all loaded on the system again today, only shows 2 unit departures from
Bournemouth Depot the rest have no allocations, Clapham Yard have some missing, there are others missing as well at other depots and stations, does the system need a reboot? or something else. I confess that I'm no IT expert.

Last edited:

Tom

One of the several data feeds for SWR is somewhat unreliable at times and this is one of those times. The support for this feed is only provided Monday to Friday, so it won't be resolved until tomorrow.

However, if this occurs then please report it to [email protected] if you want a faster/helpful reply. I only browse forums intermittently, having just come across this post by chance, and there's a small team manning that.

One of the several data feeds for SWR is somewhat unreliable at times and this is one of those times. The support for this feed is only provided Monday to Friday, so it won't be resolved until tomorrow.

However, if this occurs then please report it to [email protected] if you want a faster/helpful reply. I only browse forums intermittently, having just come across this post by chance, and there's a small team manning that.
Thank you Tom for your help and useful advice, I now know what to to do if should happen again.

DavidGrain

Established Member
I have seen trains disappear when they have been diverted en route but they usually come back if they reach their final destination.

Shwam3

What kind of issues can make a train "disappear" from the system halfway through a journey?
Like this one:
Realtime Trains - 484Z 1915 Trafford Park F.L.T. to London Gateway Frghtliner
It definitely completed the journey but after Wembley it went off the radar!
The open data platform was restarted after maintenance at 0100 this morning, when this happens scrambled headcodes gets re-scrambled meaning it's not easy track a train after.
This train, real headcode 4L16, started off from Trafford Park as 484Z. After its stop at Wembley it ran as 423B, a quirk in my system means I managed to track both halves separately, here is the second part:

1617283707346.png

martin2345uk

Established Member
The open data platform was restarted after maintenance at 0100 this morning, when this happens scrambled headcodes gets re-scrambled meaning it's not easy track a train after.
This train, real headcode 4L16, started off from Trafford Park as 484Z. After its stop at Wembley it ran as 423B, a quirk in my system means I managed to track both halves separately, here is the second part:

View attachment 93605
That explains it! Thanks very much!

ExRes

Established Member
One annoying thing resurfaced today, I'm looking for WEFOC

Enter 'wembley e' and it brings up 'Wembley Eur Frt Ops Cntre', press select and it says 'cannot find primary location'

I actually need to enter the unrememberable 'Db Cargo Fan A And B Sdgs'

Surely it could be more easily found, or am I missing something obvious?

DavidGrain

Established Member
In any program there is a limit to the amount of 'fuzzy searching' that can be done. For example my local station is Rowley Regis and when I search on that I am also offered Rowley Regis Down Goods Loop but never the Up Goods Loop yet I have twice seen trains in that loop so I know that it is not Out of Use. I eventually found it by tracking a works train which reversed in the station and found the entry as Up Rowley Regis Goods Loop.

There seems to a problem this morning as alot of SWR units are not on RTT. I have sent an email to RTT explaining this and just had an email back saying they are looking into it, incase anyone else had noticed the same problem.

XAM2175

Established Member
RTT says that ScotRail shows allocations but I haven't been able to find any for a few days.
They're appearing for me now, for today and for every day back to Friday the 9th. Remember that the allocations aren't available for future dates, because they're not actually made until early on the morning of the day they're for.

CarrotPie