• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Tom

The issue is a data transmission issue between the system Northern use and another railway system - but it manifests itself on RTT. Northern told me a little while back their supplier was intending on fixing it - and it wasn't picked up when they moved over to it (they are, I believe, the first operator using it.)

I could fix it on the RTT side but in all honesty it's been relatively low on my list of priorities given Northern have indicated an approximate fix date...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
The issue is a data transmission issue between the system Northern use and another railway system - but it manifests itself on RTT. Northern told me a little while back their supplier was intending on fixing it - and it wasn't picked up when they moved over to it (they are, I believe, the first operator using it.)

I could fix it on the RTT side but in all honesty it's been relatively low on my list of priorities given Northern have indicated an approximate fix date...
Admittedly it's not much of an issue, considering it could be something like the number not showing instead, which would be much worse.

PHWO

Dear All,

Today, I've noticed that 37418 is shown allocated on RTT on a Bescot-Derby move, 6Z66. I've not seen this happen before with freight services except GBRF. Is this service operated by them or has someone else joined the fold of Know Your Train companies?

Apologies if it's just a case of me being slow off the mark to spot these things!

Many thanks,

Phil

Rhysdabeast

Established Member
Dear All,

Today, I've noticed that 37418 is shown allocated on RTT on a Bescot-Derby move, 6Z66. I've not seen this happen before with freight services except GBRF. Is this service operated by them or has someone else joined the fold of Know Your Train companies?

Apologies if it's just a case of me being slow off the mark to spot these things!

Many thanks,

Phil
Operated by GBRf hence why the allocation shows

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
RTT do not appear to be interested that the vast majority of TfW 150/153/175 services are showing as in ATW, EMT or GA livery (none of them are in real life anymore) I was told after emailing them with a comprehensive list of correct liveries that they work closely with TfW to ensure they’re kept up to date with livery changes.

So either TfW have given up updating them, or RTT take no notice :lol: I don’t know why it winds me up that the vast majority of 150s on RTT show as turquoise when there are no turquoise ones left, but it does. :lol:

markymark2000

On Moderation
RTT do not appear to be interested that the vast majority of TfW 150/153/175 services are showing as in ATW, EMT or GA livery (none of them are in real life anymore) I was told after emailing them with a comprehensive list of correct liveries that they work closely with TfW to ensure they’re kept up to date with livery changes.

So either TfW have given up updating them, or RTT don’t listen then :lol:
To be fair, TFW aren't the best at keeping their own systems up to date so updating other companies it likely way beyond their capabilities.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
To be fair, TFW aren't the best at keeping their own systems up to date so updating other companies it likely way beyond their capabilities.
Yes, it’s probably not as much of an RTT issue, as they manage to update 450s as they continue to get SWR livery, but all 153s and 175s have been in TfW livery for yonks now! :lol:

Tom

It's more I'm currently waiting on confirmation from our contact at TfW about the livery changes - you'd hope that they have a record... I don't have the time to sit going through Flickr or similar to check the liveries myself.

Maybe this is something for the data analyst job advert going up in a few days...

william.martin

On Moderation
Yes, it’s probably not as much of an RTT issue, as they manage to update 450s as they continue to get SWR livery, but all 153s and 175s have been in TfW livery for yonks now! :lol:
In January 158825 was showing as ATW blue!
That was the last time I ever saw it on RTT in blue though.

markymark2000

On Moderation
It's more I'm currently waiting on confirmation from our contact at TfW about the livery changes - you'd hope that they have a record...
You have high expectations for TFW. Crikey, they struggle to even run a train service on time, the chances of them knowing what trains they have and what colours they are in, that's a bit above and beyond for them.

berneyarms

Established Member
It's more I'm currently waiting on confirmation from our contact at TfW about the livery changes - you'd hope that they have a record... I don't have the time to sit going through Flickr or similar to check the liveries myself.

Maybe this is something for the data analyst job advert going up in a few days...
It’s fairly easy to answer that:

The only TfW Class 150s remaining in ATW livery are 150279 and 150285. All other TfW Class 150 sets are in TfW livery, except for the two on short term lease from Northern (150 269 and 150 270) which retain their Northern livery.

Every TfW Class 153, Class 158 and Class 175 is now in TfW livery and they have been for some time!

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
It’s fairly easy to answer that:

The only TfW Class 150s remaining in ATW livery are 150279 and 150285. All other TfW Class 150 sets are in TfW livery, except for the two on short term lease from Northern (150 269 and 150 270) which retain their Northern livery.

Every TfW Class 153, Class 158 and Class 175 is now in TfW livery and they have been for some time!
279 and 285 won’t run in Turquoise again, so you just simply put everything TfW into TfW livery, simple as. MK4 excluded.

swaldman

It doesn't seem to be updating, at least for Northern services. The Hull page is showing a service that's been cancelled for the last half hour, and has a train still in Bridlington that thr NR app says is passing Cottingham...

Obviously it's a free system, so this is not a complaint, I'm just curious!

EDIT : seems to have sorted itself out now. Wonder if this was a RTT hiccup, or whether my mobile provider was doing more caching than it should..

Last edited:

fandroid

Established Member
On a strictly practical note I've noticed during recent disruptions that RTT has been slow to show cancellations compared with NRE. There are times when fast info in those circumstances is extremely useful in allowing quick decisions concerning alternative trains that might be just about to depart.

swaldman

On a strictly practical note I've noticed during recent disruptions that RTT has been slow to show cancellations compared with NRE. There are times when fast info in those circumstances is extremely useful in allowing quick decisions concerning alternative trains that might be just about to depart.
Curious - I'd always assumed they used the same data feeds. Maybe the NR app is privileged?

louis97

Established Member
Curious - I'd always assumed they used the same data feeds. Maybe the NR app is privileged?
Nope, NRE data is from Darwin and TOCs have direct control of their own services via this. The data on RTT is reliant on the trains being cancelled on TRUST, I think this is by Network Rail. RTT does not use Darwin because of licensing rules, unfortunately these would limit RTT to publishing some of the garbage that comes out of Darwin.

One tip for spotting a cancelled service, for TOCs on know your train, on RTT is if it has no formation. This isn't guaranteed, but a good indication.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Best way to check cancellation I find is on Tiger/Worldline as that shows the same as what is on the station boards so cancellations and in station delays (awaiting crew for example) are more accurate there.

I've had many an instance sat in the station not leaving. No staff give any updates then jump on Worldline and it shows 10 min delay for some reason. Then we depart close to 10 late.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Best way to check cancellation I find is on Tiger/Worldline as that shows the same as what is on the station boards so cancellations and in station delays (awaiting crew for example) are more accurate there.

I've had many an instance sat in the station not leaving. No staff give any updates then jump on Worldline and it shows 10 min delay for some reason. Then we depart close to 10 late.

This data is also the Darwin feed.