• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Interesting that RTT automatically showed a picture of an Avanti liveried Voyager when the TOC was changed despite RTT having a XC image for that unit.

ped316

Does anyone know what the Network Rail measurement train shows up as in RTT? I saw it earlier this month and couldn't find anything on RTT around the time and place..

Freightmaster

Established Member
Does anyone know what the Network Rail measurement train shows up as in RTT?
Normally 1Qxx - here is part of today's diagram:

I saw it earlier this month and couldn't find anything on RTT around the time and place..
Post the date/time/location and I'll try and help!

MARK

MrJeeves

Established Member
@louis97 This isn't an issue with RTT specifically, but it does affect the site. The platforms for Shirley (West Mids) seem to be swapped in every feed.

Plat 1 is for away from Birmingham, and Plat 2 is for towards Birmingham. In RTT and every other site that uses the open data feeds, trains show as for the opposite platforms, even when confirmed. The issue even extends all the way down to the DMIs on the platforms which list trains for the opposite platform instead.

You can see it correctly appear on Traksy fine, while RTT and other feeds show the incorrect platform number:

traksy.jpg

rtt.jpg

Not sure if this is something anyone at RTT has "connections" to get sorted or not, though, but it's worth a mention.

zwk500

Veteran Member
@louis97 This isn't an issue with RTT specifically, but it does affect the site. The platforms for Shirley (West Mids) seem to be swapped in every feed.

Plat 1 is for away from Birmingham, and Plat 2 is for towards Birmingham. In RTT and every other site that uses the open data feeds, trains show as for the opposite platforms, even when confirmed. The issue even extends all the way down to the DMIs on the platforms which list trains for the opposite platform instead.

You can see it correctly appear on Traksy fine, while RTT and other feeds show the incorrect platform number:

Not sure if this is something anyone at RTT has "connections" to get sorted or not, though, but it's worth a mention.
If it's in the feeds it's potentially an error in the NR planning system and although not impossible to fix, it is hard to persuade people to make the change due to the issues it can cause and the lead-time it can have.

MrJeeves

Established Member
Actually, looking again, the issue extends to various other stations on that section, too. Left is towards Birmingham and right is towards London and Stratford in the screenshot below.

1684933063208.png
On the data feeds, platforms are only correct for Yardley Wood and Earlswood. Screenshot from RTT is of 2S61:
1684933332874.png

AJDesiro

Is there any more news on any addition operators joining KYT?

Many thanks, brilliant website!

greatkingrat

Established Member

If the DMIs are wrong, have you contacted London Midland about it? No need to mention RTT or Traksy, that will just confuse things,

MrJeeves

Established Member
If the DMIs are wrong, have you contacted London Midland about it? No need to mention RTT or Traksy, that will just confuse things,
I've messaged WMR about it on Twitter and am waiting for a reply. If they don't provide anything much of use, I'll try an email to them too.

Here's their reply:

Hi David, this is something I did see highlighted by another customer via email and it was passed to our partners at Altcom. We don't have our own data feeds, and in most cases information comes from NRE, however they will continue to investigate at our end and liaise with NRE if needs be. I have passed your comments to them and many thanks for your message.

Last edited:

louis97

Established Member

View attachment 135798

View attachment 135797

Thanks for pointing this out, I will get this corrected today hopefully for tomorrow. I suspect this issue started when WMR moved to their new Blackbox CIS system, which is awful.

Actually, looking again, the issue extends to various other stations on that section, too. Left is towards Birmingham and right is towards London and Stratford in the screenshot below.

View attachment 135802
On the data feeds, platforms are only correct for Yardley Wood and Earlswood. Screenshot from RTT is of 2S61:
View attachment 135804
Whitlocks End and Wythall Platform 2 is actually the Stratford platform, but will get the rest fixed. Darwin (the system that feeds NRE/LDB) does actually display the correct platforms initially, but when the train runs the platform then changes.

View attachment 135802
View attachment 135804
This has been fixed on RTT now. Along with new data for the Feltham resignalling covering Virginia Water, Ascot and Bracknell, plus the branches towards Weybridge and Ash Vale.

Last edited:

Express380

Apologies if this has already been discussed but noticed there are alot of Irish stations on the search facility is there a plan to include the Irish rail services on the site? It would be a really helpful source to have as the Irish rail service timetables I find really hard to follow when planning multiple routes.

Steddenm

Apologies if this has already been discussed but noticed there are alot of Irish stations on the search facility is there a plan to include the Irish rail services on the site? It would be a really helpful source to have as the Irish rail service timetables I find really hard to follow when planning multiple routes.
What are the Irish stations that have appeared? I've had a look and can't find any.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
What are the Irish stations that have appeared? I've had a look and can't find any.
Most of the line extremities are in the database - eg Portrush, Londonderry, Tralee, Cork, Limerick, Waterford, Dublin Houston etc

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The GB timetable data for most Irish rail services was removed during Covid IIRC, and hasn't been reinstated. Without that, I don't think you'll see any retailers (at least, online ones) selling tickets other than to Dublin/Belfast.

berneyarms

Established Member
How hard is it to select the appropriate timetable pdf from this page?

Everything is there and is in a very easy to follow format.

Class15

On Moderation
One suggestion @Tom , do you think you could add a user allocation feature? This is very popular on Railcam and would allow more people to know what’s worked what!