• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Received new card; have tickets uncollected on old card

Status
Not open for further replies.

louis97

Established Member
Slightly off topic - but why didn't you just collect your tickets as soon as possible after purchasing? (I know you don't have to... but it would make sense to me to do so!)

Surely that's the best way to go about ensuring you have your tickets - given that the machines at the stations could be playing up on the day and there could be a big queue at the ticket office meaning you could miss your preferred train.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
meaning you could miss your preferred train.

Or potentially your only train.

But don't forget there is a trade-off between collecting as early as possible and as late as possible in case you loose your tickets.

louis97

Established Member
Or potentially your only train.

But don't forget there is a trade-off between collecting as early as possible and as late as possible in case you loose your tickets.

I'd imagine providing you arrived at the station to collect your tickets in plenty of time, and still were unable to collect tickets because of a machine fault/queue at ticket office, i'd imagine you'd be allowed on a next service, but this still means you could have an inconvenient arrival time at your destination.

I guess if you do try and collect at the earliest possible opportunity you do have another chance to collect them if the machines are broken. But then you do have that added risk of losing them, which I guess isn't really the railways fault, your ticket is basically a bit of paper worth however much you paid, if it was a £20 note you would not loose that!

Status
Not open for further replies.