• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Spotted Hanky: Fantasy Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searle

Established Member
Red Spotted Hanky are celebrating the Formula 1 2013 season by setting up a new Red Spotted Hanky Fantasy Formula 1 which can be found here. Alternatively, you can get to it from the RSH home page.

It's pretty much the same as many other Fantasy games. You have to choose Four drivers, Two Constructors, and One engine, from £100 million, with some bonus races. All the rules can be found in the links below.

The prizes are an Ipad 16GB for overall winner, and a few other small prizes for Period Leagues. Also, for every point you get in the League, you get 1 loyalty point for use (worth 1p each), and the points are dished out quite generously.

Here are some links:

Fantasy F1 Home
Rules
Prizes
FAQ

The RailUk mini league is up, please PM me if you want to enter still.

The Leaderboard

1. Bored on march 3rd - ??? - 3759 points
2. trainbasher GP - Trainbasher - 3707 points
3. Smudgers Slow Coaches - Loco Fitter - 3705 points
4. Cold Hell - Searle - 3671 points
5. Psycho GP - andrew bell - 3661 points
6. Team Chugaboom - sjj2112 - 3651 points
7. Harbon GP - Harbon 1 - 3589 points
8. Mojo - Mojo - 3495 points
9. The Spa Stars - Ivo - 3451 points

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andrew bell

If there is a league going to be set up then I will be interested in joining in

It is harder than you think to pick a competitive team when realistically you can only have 1 top driver due to the engines and constructors being valued bit high, but I managed to use all 100million available and got a reasonable good team

Searle

Established Member
Yeah, £100 million does seem like quite a little to me. Still thinking about strategies myself!

Yew

Established Member
Hmmm sounds fun,, and If I get RSH points then all the better :)

Ivo

Established Member
I can also set up a RailUK Mini League if we get enough interest, I'm happy to set that up, just reply saying you're interested. You have to create your team by 17:00 GMT on 15th March to get the full season's play in.

Two words.

DO IT.

Searle

Established Member
Ok, have sent you four PM's, if anyone else wants to join, please post here or PM me and I'll gladly invite you

Ivo

Established Member
Ready to rock 'n' roll ;)

You can probably guess which team is mine from its name (once Searle approves it anyway).

Searle

Established Member
Ok, have sent PM's to everyone who's asked. I've accepted whoever has applied, but it still only lists me in the league, not sure if I've done something wrong or it just hasn't updated.

I'm Cold Hell for anyone wondering. Just a thing I've always had, think it sounds quite cool :P

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Ok, have sent PM's to everyone who's asked. I've accepted whoever has applied, but it still only lists me in the league, not sure if I've done something wrong or it just hasn't updated.

I'm Cold Hell for anyone wondering. Just a thing I've always had, think it sounds quite cool :P

Cheers for that. You can probably guess my one easily lol

Harbon 1

I thought that last night, but we're all there now :)

N Levers

You've disabled PM's at the moment, enable them again and I'll PM you about it.

9 days to go until you have to submit the teams now!

I didn't realise you could do that. I think I have undone it. :)

Searle

Established Member
Ok, there's now 38 hours until it starts, so this is the last call for anyone else who wants to join. Please post here or PM me if you want to.

The list of teams so far is:

Team Chugaboom (sjj2112)
Harbon GP (Harbon 1)
Bored on March 3rd
The Spa Stars (Ivo)
trainbasher GP
Smudgers Slow Coaches
Psycho GP
Cold Hell (Searle)

I've tried to remember who's who, because I was gonna make a team list in the OP, but being me I've forgotten who everyone's team is, so if you don't have a name next to your team (or it's wrong!), please tell me. Thanks!

Also a note to Harbon GP and trainbasher GP, you still have some money to spend, make sure to do it before the deadline! :P

Thanks

Last edited:

Searle

Established Member
I'm Team Chugaboom! :)

Thanks, have updated it. Just 4 and a half hours to sign up now!

The results of the practices are available here. I think some changes to my team are needed!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So with the first race down, it's all looking quite good for me so far ;) I'll update the league with everyone's points when it updates!

Searle

Established Member
Ok, I've put a leaderboard on the OP. I still can't remember who Smudger's Slow Coaches or Bored on march 3rd is, so if this is you, please say! :P

I'm pretty pleased with the results, but I feel like the only reason I'm ahead is because I used my double points already! I look forward to next week :D

Smudger105e

Ok, I've put a leaderboard on the OP. I still can't remember who Smudger's Slow Coaches or Bored on march 3rd is, so if this is you, please say! :P

I'm pretty pleased with the results, but I feel like the only reason I'm ahead is because I used my double points already! I look forward to next week :D

Smudger's Slow Coaches is me!!

Ivo

Established Member
Two non-finishes - actually, make that one non-finish and one non-start - and one scuffed start.

Still, better than I got in the Prediction League this weekend :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A slightly disappointing (but completely understandable) e-mail has just appeared in my inbox:

Those of you that played the redspottedhanky.com Olympic predictor game last year will be aware that we provided redspottedhanky.com loyalty points as a thank you to all the players that participated. Last year we capped this at a maximum of 1500 points (worth £15.00 against the cost of future train travel with us). During our race 1 debrief the Fantasy GP Marshals pointed out that we had made an omission in our current game terms and conditions. We forgot to include this cap on the amount of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points available. Sorry folks.

So we’d just like to take a moment firstly to apologise – sorry – and secondly to let you know that, as of today, we have included this loyalty points cap in our terms. Just call it a false start on our part!

Don’t worry if you already have accumulated fantasy points. We will honour the value of all points gained during race 1 IN ADDITION to the £15 cap! So, for example, if you earned 1000 fantasy points from race 1 you will be eligible for 1000 redspottedhanky.com loyalty points worth £10, AS WELL AS another £15 worth of points that you can accumulate over races 2 - 19.

This means my team's hopeless start is going to cost me £5+ compared with some of you <(

...oh well, it's still credit that otherwise wouldn't have existed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.