• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining EMR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Does anyone have the current diagrams for the remaining East Midland Railway HST’s for the next month?

Thanks!
The weekday diagrams are discussed in the thread about LNER HST transfer, post #954:

I think weekends are too variable but someone might know more...

The first of the two Sunday diagrams from March that they show (starting 1008 1B36 Nottingham to London and ending on 2040 1F74 to Leeds) seems to be only a passing resemblance to the current EMR public timetable. [the other is shown as 1C43 1050 Leeds to London returning 1514 1D46 to Nottingham and ecs to Neville Hill). Are they still running Sundays please?

DB

The first of the two Sunday diagrams from March that they show (starting 1008 1B36 Nottingham to London and ending on 2040 1F74 to Leeds) seems to be only a passing resemblance to the current EMR public timetable. [the other is shown as 1C43 1050 Leeds to London returning 1514 1D46 to Nottingham and ecs to Neville Hill). Are they still running Sundays please?

Think the current diagrams have changed again in practice - for the past few weeks there have been two, both starting from Leeds (although a couple of weeks ago one ran ECS to Sheffield)

It normally *seems* to be 10.50 Leeds to St Pancras and 20.40 return, and the other set does 14.34 Leeds to St Pancras and 18.35 return.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Does anyone have weekday diagrams for the 2 HST sets between Leeds and St Pancras?

The ones shown on the 125 group dont always show up on the timetable.

nat67

Established Member
Does anyone have weekday diagrams for the 2 HST sets between Leeds and St Pancras?

The ones shown on the 125 group dont always show up on the timetable.
1) 1C15 0519 Leeds-St Pancras
1D48 1534 St Pancras-Nottingham
1B69 1745 Nottingham-St Pancras
1F70 2001 St Pancras-Leeds

2) 1B23 0634 Leeds-St Pancras
1D43 1434 St Pancras-Nottingham
1B63 1645 Nottingham-St Pancras
1D66 1904 St Pancras-Leeds

Impey0711

On Moderation
Sorry got my timings wrong good job I checked I'm on the 16:20 to Leicester Friday any ideas what allocated for that 222 I guess

On Moderation
Sorry got my timings wrong good job I checked I'm on the 16:20 to Leicester Friday any ideas what allocated for that 222 I guess
Reported elsewhere that there are no EMR HSTs in service between Friday and Monday; a look at RTT for Leeds supports that.

Impey0711

On Moderation
Checked on RTT the 16:20 off St Pancras is timed for a HST (110) but it stops at most intermediate stations to Leicester HST normally does market Harborough only

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Checked on RTT the 16:20 off St Pancras is timed for a HST (110) but it stops at most intermediate stations to Leicester HST normally does market Harborough only
The timing load doesn't necessarily correlate with what is diagrammed; a 222 is more than capable of matching the more leisurely HST 110mph timings. And the 2+6 HSTs can keep up fairly well with 222 timings if needed.

You need to see the diagrams to have any level of confidence as to what is going to turn up.

nat67

Established Member
The timing load doesn't necessarily correlate with what is diagrammed; a 222 is more than capable of matching the more leisurely HST 110mph timings. And the 2+6 HSTs can keep up fairly well with 222 timings if needed.

You need to see the diagrams to have any level of confidence as to what is going to turn up.
And the timing load for HST’s is wrong on the MML anyway as they top 125mph.

On Moderation
I've already told you there are no HSTs out on EMR Friday through Monday if that's what you were hoping for.

I'm going spotting on the MML in a few days and to things I need clarifying.
1. Does the diagram above still remain in place.
2. Will there be any this Weekend?

WesternLancer

Established Member
I'm going spotting on the MML in a few days and to things I need clarifying.
1. Does the diagram above still remain in place.
2. Will there be any this Weekend?
Best way to check is look at departures from Leeds from early morning on Real Times Trains 'detailed' option with operator TOC code EM - on the day you are interested in. If anything listed that is almost sure to be an HST - then link to its schedule

eg for sat see 06.34 and 07.40 departures from Leeds to St Pancras listed here

eg this train

Then follow where the trains go (eg next departure from St P from the platform those arrive at and where they go - usually Cricklwood depot) then when they emerge from there etc

But check on the day if possible to see if it actually happened. If no HST from Leeds EMR would prob not use another train for the whole run, they would probably swap to a 222 and cancel the service north of Sheffield for example.

Hopefully some one can correct me or link to easier method / info if it is known!

Best way to check is look at departures from Leeds from early morning on Real Times Trains 'detailed' option with operator TOC code EM - on the day you are interested in. If anything listed that is almost sure to be an HST - then link to its schedule

eg for sat see 06.34 and 07.40 departures from Leeds to St Pancras listed here

eg this train

Then follow where the trains go (eg next departure from St P from the platform those arrive at and where they go - usually Cricklwood depot) then when they emerge from there etc

But check on the day if possible to see if it actually happened. If no HST from Leeds EMR would prob not use another train for the whole run, they would probably swap to a 222 and cancel the service north of Sheffield for example.

Hopefully some one can correct me or link to easier method / info if it is known!
Thanks for the tips, Is there a way to tell on RTT if something is listed as a HST?
And Number 2, does that mean the 125 group timetable is invalid, as I had a look at it and it says: No booked Saturday diagrams

Established Member
Thanks for the tips, Is there a way to tell on RTT if something is listed as a HST?
And Number 2, does that mean the 125 group timetable is invalid, as I had a look at it and it says: No booked Saturday diagrams
Yes the 125group timetable would be out of date as the Saturday diagrams have now been reintroduced in the last month. On Saturday's they only do the Leeds services and stable at cricklewood in the day before returning to Leeds in the evening.

Yes the 125group timetable would be out of date as the Saturday diagrams have now been reintroduced in the last month. On Saturday's they only do the Leeds services and stable at cricklewood in the day before returning to Leeds in the evening.
I aim to go to the MML around the mid after noon (either day of the weekend) which days is my best bet?

WesternLancer

Established Member

To answer your 1st question I do not think there is a way to tell on RTT if it is an HST (the 'timing load' info that says it is timed for an HST should not be interpreted as meaning it will be one, as has been mentioned / explained on these threads in the past - not that I am expecting / suggesting you dig that info out). So the clue is that the HSTs are maintained at Leeds Neville Hill and thus EM services from Leeds (or arriving at Leeds in the eve) are almost 100% certain to be made up of those HSTs as they come off / go on shed. There are only 3 sets now in service I think I am correct to say.

Right Thanks for the info:
Does anyone have any actual diagrams as I need an accurate time so I know when to go on Sunday

Established Member
Right Thanks for the info:
Does anyone have any actual diagrams as I need an accurate time so I know when to go on Sunday
These look to be the services for this Sunday. Unlike previous weeks it looks like the afternoon London - Nottingham and return won't be a HST.

Realtime Trains - 1C43 1051 Leeds to St Pancras International
stables at Cricklewood then forms:
Realtime Trains - 1F74 2042 St Pancras International to Leeds

Realtime Trains - 1C61 1355 Leeds to St Pancras International
forms:
Realtime Trains - 1F63 1832 St Pancras International to Leeds

Looks like I will go on Monday then, are the diagrams still the same as on 125, with the 1434 and 1534 being HSTs still?

And add to that, I have seen recent videos videos from stations so will I be allowed to trainspot on an open air station?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.