• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Repaint countdown for FCC, FGW and ATW

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancoupe22

And yes, they will be coming out in the same livery as the WAG funded 158s.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know when the first unit is due to be released, and if any internal work is being done? It'd be nice if they got new seat coverings to match the other recent refurbs

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SprinterMan

Established Member
142074 is on the Cardiff bay shuttle today sporting a new paint job (standard atw livery) and re-upholstered seats.

So it's still in cream and green, rather than green and dark blue then. WHat are the seat covers like, the same as 153s/158s/175s?

Adam :D

dancoupe22

So it's still in cream and green, rather than green and dark blue then. WHat are the seat covers like, the same as 153s/158s/175s?

Correct, and correct! It has a new coat of the cream and green, and seats recovered in the same material as the 175's, 158's, 153's and refurbed mark 3's.

Although the new seat covers brighten the interior up, not much else has changed internally - still the same flooring and panels, and grubby seat casings which seem all the more noticeable now

SprinterMan

Established Member
Correct, and correct! It has a new coat of the cream and green, and seats recovered in the same material as the 175's, 158's, 153's and refurbed mark 3's.

Although the new seat covers brighten the interior up, not much else has changed internally - still the same flooring and panels, and grubby seat casings which seem all the more noticeable now

Right, 153s have just been done up, and now you have seen this nice refurbished pacer I think it is safe to assume that 142s/143s/153s will retain Arriva "Classic" Cream & Green colours. 158s and LHCS already have Arriva "WAG" Green & Blue colours, and 150s are being repainted into this as we speak, starting with 150213. All that remains to be seen is whether the 175s will be repainted or not.

fgwrich

Established Member
i recently saw an ATW 153 (153367 to be accurate) and it had a repaint of the cream and green livery (had the same new seat covers as on 158/175 + new lights inside).

pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67444577@N02/8224997932/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67444577@N02/8223924155/in/photostream/

Not sure if all of them have had the same treatment though.

That certainly has been repainted - and looks slightly bizzare, almost more Arriva Trains Northern than Arriva Trains Wales, due to the cab window frames going black again, the way the Arriva Turquoise sweeps around the cab front, and the turquiose extending above the cantrail line.

http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UK...71512_fMKc56#!i=1222463068&k=8wcCQwC&lb=1&s=A

CJ

Yeah, seeing it, it did remind me of what the ATN 153s use to look like (black window cab frames etc). You would think they'd repaint all the trains with the new livery but i guess they want to use that for the 'express' styled trains.

Makes me wonder if they'll give the 175s the new livery too.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
You would think they'd repaint all the trains with the new livery but i guess they want to use that for the 'express' styled trains.
Assuming by 'new' livery you mean the one on the Gerald set and the ATW 158s then having that for 'express' trains and the standard livery for more local stock would make sense, but that theroy is dashed if the ATW class 150s are being put in the 158/Gerald livery (150s are less suitable than 153s for regional express work, due to door layout, but the ATW 153s at least are still pretty dreadful for long-distances thanks to the lack of legroom).

CJ

Assuming by 'new' livery you mean the one on the Gerald set and the ATW 158s then having that for 'express' trains and the standard livery for more local stock would make sense, but that theroy is dashed if the ATW class 150s are being put in the 158/Gerald livery (150s are less suitable than 153s for regional express work, due to door layout, but the ATW 153s at least are still pretty dreadful for long-distances thanks to the lack of legroom).

Yeah i agree, 150s aren't suited for long distance services but they do occasionally pop up here in Manchester working some of the Carmarthen/Milford Haven/Llandudno services for when a 175 or 158 aren't available.

I find them comfortable to travel on, but are obviously slower then the 175s/158s due to the max speed for them is 75mph and is noticeable when traveling on long distance routes (e.g. Crewe - Manchester via Wilmslow).

fgwrich

Established Member
Bump this... When did it go in?

Any news on the 175s yet as well?

Quote bump. Last news i heard of it was back in October, So either it's been done but back in normall livery and no one's noticed, or it's still in Crewe undergoing a longer period of work than we expected.

The 36 ATW class 150 are to be repainted. The first 150213 entered Crewe LNWR on 14th October after working the 18.38 from Cardiff to Macnchester and 22.35 to Crewe. Thanks to Rowland Pittard, NorthWalesTrainsNews

SprinterMan

Established Member
Quote bump. Last news i heard of it was back in October, So either it's been done but back in normall livery and no one's noticed, or it's still in Crewe undergoing a longer period of work than we expected.

It's funny you should say this, because I was on the Premier service between Flint and Bangor today, and I swear when we passed the 2145 Llandudno - Crewe that it was worked by a 150 in WAG colours. It was very dark, so I could be wrong, but it could well have been 150213.

EDIT: This could well be incorrect, as I probably saw a normal 150 in the dark and not a dark-liveried 150 :P

Last edited:

andypops

Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures of 150213?

And if the darker livery rumours are correct, this is going to screw up my models!

Thanks

Andy

SprinterMan

Established Member
Thats the most recent picture I can find of it? Although I don't really know what you're looking for?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40011/8273542893/

There was talk of ATW's 150s gaining WAG livery like the 158s, although this picture rather clearly disproves that, and it has just had a routine repaint done like the 153s and 142s are having done currently.

EDIT: I think the date is wrong on this picture. Look at the picture next to it, also apparently taken on 15 December 2012, but is a 158 in the OLD colours and the quote says 5th July 2010....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40011/8274607736/in/photostream/

Last edited:

andypops

Yes Adam, I agree. That doesn't look repainted to me!

EDIT: For what it's worth, IMO the 150s should retain the current cream and turquoise livery, not the darker WAG livery. It would make sense to me to have the"intercity / express" service looking the same maybe - i.e. 158s and 175s in the same livery, although to be honest I can't see them taking the 175s in again after not long having the internal refurb done a year or two ago!

Edit 2:

I agree, I haven't noticed a 150 on a HOW line service recently (although I'm happy to be disproved!). I've only seen 153s...but then again I've not gone hunting for them.

Andy

Last edited:

MCR247

Established Member
There was talk of ATW's 150s gaining WAG livery like the 158s, although this picture rather clearly disproves that, and it has just had a routine repaint done like the 153s and 142s are having done currently.

EDIT: I think the date is wrong on this picture. Look at the picture next to it, also apparently taken on 15 December 2012, but is a 158 in the OLD colours and the quote says 5th July 2010....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40011/8274607736/in/photostream/

Oh yeah :oops:

Sorry about that :)

SovietGaz

Would love to see the 175s in the WAG livery, how ever unlikely to happen it is.

It would be great to see Arriva show a clear division between intercity and regional service trains. Plus the WAG livery looks really classy compared to the traditional cream and turquoise.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Would love to see the 175s in the WAG livery, how ever unlikely to happen it is.

It would be great to see Arriva show a clear division between intercity and regional service trains. Plus the WAG livery looks really classy compared to the traditional cream and turquoise.

Indeed so, it is a nice colour scheme. Personally, I wish the 175s were painted into this scheme:
BR_Class_175_Piccadilly_ghost_livery.jpg

SovietGaz

Indeed so, it is a nice colour scheme. Personally, I wish the 175s were painted into this scheme:
BR_Class_175_Piccadilly_ghost_livery.jpg

The 'Ghost' livery is a throw back!

On a side note; are the 67s on the WAG express set to receive any decals or vinyls? I've always thought that the locos looked a bit bare when they entered service but nothing has been applied yet.

fgwrich

Established Member
Like the 158s, it's still in LNWR. Obviously having some Mods and a good amount of the steelwork worked on and replaced as well then. Presumably it'll be the same Mods as First Great Westerns 150s.

Last edited:

Michael.Y

Established Member
Read elsewhere, early February. Hoping the other 35 don't take as long.

I imagine each one will have its own requisites given the varying nature of their conditions - for example I wonder if they are replacing the foot-pump operated taps in the loos with conventional ones etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.