• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Replacements for the class 444's, class 450's, Class 220's, Class 221's, and class 222's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I mean dual voltage fitted rather than dual voltage ready, the 444/450s don't have pantographs I don't think whereas I would imagine a new build would be 100% ready to run on a.c.
But they are dual voltage ready in terms of cabling and pantograph wells. It would not be unreasonable to fit them out. But as Mikey C points out above, why would they ever need conversion in the medium term anyway?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mmh

Established Member
Yup, the only reason 444s or 450s will ever get pantographs is if they're transferred elsewhere, just like the 350s that ran on 3rd rail in their early days. I'll eat my hat if there's any significant conversion of 3rd rail to OHLE in the south east in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.