• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Return of the Pig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Established Member
ah i see but surely they will be going into southern colours, cause gatex finishes soon and joins in with southern to become part of that franchise cheers for the times will go and see them tommorow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hentis

ah i see but surely they will be going into southern colours, cause gatex finishes soon and joins in with southern to become part of that franchise cheers for the times will go and see them tommorow.

Possibly will be then.

Hentis

westcoaster

Established Member
went down to wolverton today but to no avail, no units but gbfr barbie 66724 turned up light engine.

T

Tom

That will be because it's running about 45 - 75 minutes late ;)

paul1609

Established Member
I know :)

Incidently There has been a fitters vacancy for Bournemouth. "C4 Fitters x2 - Knowledge of 159's, 400's, 455's & 442's required!!! "

The 442's back for SWT are 2 sets of 2 442s for two 10 coach trains in the morning and 2 10 coach trains in the evening only as far as Poole. This looks as though it could start from January.

Hentis

My info is there is still no chance of 442s reappearing on SWT services.

paul1609

Established Member
We will just have to wait and see. :)

Hentis
Indeed but my informant reckons that several of them were unservicable when stored and that various documentation has gone out of date for most of the remainder and that the only way they will come back in to service is after a comprehensive overhaul. This doesnt make financial sense for SWT to cover a couple of services a day for a month or two.

Hentis

Indeed but my informant reckons that several of them were unservicable when stored and that various documentation has gone out of date for most of the remainder and that the only way they will come back in to service is after a comprehensive overhaul. This doesnt make financial sense for SWT to cover a couple of services a day for a month or two.

Some of them were unnservicable but as per SWT trains contract they had to be returned to store in a running state. Thats why some of them only left the demo when the parts they needed were replaced. Most of the re-viynl ones had mechanical attention done to them whilst at Ilford. Not all of them did I hasten to add. Thats why they are indeed in Warm Store. 2404 & 2402 were out running yesterday on SWT drivers training as well.

Hentis

paul1609

Established Member
Some of them were unnservicable but as per SWT trains contract they had to be returned to store in a running state. Thats why some of them only left the demo when the parts they needed were replaced. Most of the re-viynl ones had mechanical attention done to them whilst at Ilford. Not all of them did I hasten to add. Thats why they are indeed in Warm Store. 2404 & 2402 were out running yesterday on SWT drivers training as well.

Hentis
Yep, understand that but many of them were returned with only days left on various tickets which have now expired. I think that SN were happy for 4 of the ones they were getting to be used for a short period on BM services but understand that BBT pulled out of that because of the cost. I understand that SN will now be getting 17 ish to enable some of the new batch of 377s to be transferred to Thameslink.

Juniper Driver

Established Member
Just checked my driving license and officially I still sign 442's.Haven't driven one since late January though.

T

Tom

Just checked my driving license and officially I still sign 442's.Haven't driven one since late January though.

Officially if you worked a 442 within the past 12 months you will sign them, yes. However, as it is beyond 6 months (almost guaranteed, only 1 or 2 drivers at Bournemouth depot have worked one within the past 6 months) you will require a refresher.

Status
Not open for further replies.