• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Richwell Network Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I thought it best to inform you all on the progress made on Richwell Network recently.

OK, well, as promised, there ill be a newer version of Stage 2 v2 (called Stage 2 v2.5 :confused: ), with lots, and lots of adjustments, scenic enhancements and signaling refinement. There will also be ten or more scenarios to choose from, widening the variety of traction and destinations.
Hopefully, when Shane R gets back to me with the favor I asked of him, there should be a release later this week or most probably next week.

On the Stage 3 front, things are also progressing well, and the line has moved just passed Cooksbey. Last time I told you all about Stage 3, I told you all about a preserved railway and there were a few screenies - this is all history, and a brand new Stage 3 is underway. The line will run from Richwell, as normal, through all the usual stops until Aston Town, where it diverges into the tunnel on left before Aston Depot. Just on the exit to the tunnel is Cooksbey, where one of the running lines terminates. The other continues and splits into two, through the open countryside. The traction will be mainly the new HST and Voyager, as line speeds reach 125 mph, as the line will be around 10 miles long. There are only Cooksbey and Stockton manor stations, therefore allowing drivers to reach maximum speed and maintain it for a fair while.

Here are some screenshots of the route so far:

cooks.jpg

A Class 156 terminates at Cooksbey

cooks2.jpg

Voyager ready to leave Cooksbey

Comments welcome,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Some nice shots there :D. If I were to be pedantic, I'd suggest that the points in the second shot were of a larger radius.

Tomnick

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
If I were to be pedantic, I'd suggest that the points in the second shot were of a larger radius.
And also that, unless the 'straight ahead' route is to be worked as a bi-directional single line, there's no need for a feather on the platform starter ;). Looking good though!

Guinness

Established Member
Tomnick said:
And also that, unless the 'straight ahead' route is to be worked as a bi-directional single line, there's no need for a feather on the platform starter ;). Looking good though!
Reminds me of the two bi-directional lines on the Southport branch although one does lead to Heysham Port. :)

Tomnick

Established Member
I suspect you mean the Morecambe branch, unless we've had some reshuffling of the geography of the North West ;). Of course, you're right, that's one possibility (I'll look forward to driving the route, so I can confirm that!) - but the Bare Lane situation would hardly justify a four-aspect signal :p.

The Snap

Established Member
Just a quick one, here is the updated Class 158, in First TransPennine Express livery! I reskinned it will some new images I got from my photos from Manchester Piccadilly...;)

Hope you like:

lol2xr.jpg

(Body and front textures by Richard Helliwell)

Comments again welcome!

Guinness

Established Member
Tomnick said:
I suspect you mean the Morecambe branch, unless we've had some reshuffling of the geography of the North West ;).

That's the one! Before that post (PC crashed so never got posted) I wrote Stockport lol. ;)

Tomnick

Established Member
Chaz said:
That's the one! Before that post (PC crashed so never got posted) I wrote Stockport lol. ;)
Stockport's got a few more signals than that ;). And a few more running lines too!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
As well as a redunant, brand new platform, and a line that's almost permanently closed due to the WCRM to Crewe...

richa2002

Established Member
Well I can't wait for this as I understand it will have an HST route file :D

The Snap

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
Well I can't wait for this as I understand it will have an HST route file :D

Stage 3 will, but not Stage 2 v2.5, as the line to Naughton Airport is too short, has too lower speed limits and too many curves.

Status
Not open for further replies.