• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routes not from Uk Trainsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

Have decided for some unknown reason to return to MSTS for a bit.

Does anone know where I can download routes (NOT UKTrainsim the waiting annoys me)

Thanks

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I would have said train-sim.com, but you have to wait there too. ;)

Jordy

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Bandwidth is hard to pay for. It's not cheap.

I know, but after having access to the Auran Download Station for Trainz for a while, your not used to having to wait in a queue!

Ah well, i'll just uninstall it again ;)

|Jordy|

AlexS

Established Member
Get your tight arse hand out of your pocket, go to the post office, get a £3 postal order and there ya go if you don't have a credit card. The only place you can get stuff for free is I think railserve, but my now that site is fairly out of date.

Tom B

Established Member
Ditto what Alex said - nothing in life is free. Especially DATA TRANSFER. Do you expect someone else to pay for you to download huge files?

Jordy

Established Member
AlexS said:
Get your tight arse hand out of your pocket, go to the post office, get a £3 postal order and there ya go if you don't have a credit card. The only place you can get stuff for free is I think railserve, but my now that site is fairly out of date.

Woah calm down, I was only asking a question. And the reason i'm not paying for premium membership is because last time I did, none of the routes I downloaded worked so it was a waste of money. I wanted to download a free route to see if it worked before paying!!! There was no need for that

Cockfosters said:
Do you expect someone else to pay for you to download huge files?

No

Jordy

Tom B

Established Member
Jordy said:

Obviously you are since you were whining that it took too long to download on the standard UKTS service!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
May I just say something to add to this ;)

To be fair, the UKTS free download server is basically useless, and to get any value you need to buy at least a month's access. You need to pick wisely on the route front to get the best value out of the service. Watch out for large high spec routes that you may not be able to run on your PC. What routes were you having trouble with Jordy, as most problems can be resolved after a search on the UKTS forum.

In terms of free routes LGV Med is a great free french route, showing the new TGV extension in southern France. A great high speed experience! See here:

http://perso.numericable.fr/~lucweb/lgvmed/eng/welcome.htm

Download from Funtrain - as far as I am aware, there is no download queuing.

If anybody has anything constructive to add to this thread, I'll reopen it if i deem it to be worthy enough, as there is probably more to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.