• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail cancelling services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieu

I have to go from Milngavie - Euston on the 27th

My itinerary is as follows:

22:44 Milngavie - Glasgow Central
23:40 Glasgow Central - London Euston

I won't be able to get there (Milngavie) until after 21:30 and the last train leaves just after 20:00.

Spoke to ScotRail on the phone and told me they take no responsibility as the timetable has been changed so that service doesn't exist. Are there any rules/regulations stopping them from removing services from the timetable so soon?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

38Cto15E

If your Glasgow to Euston train is the Caledonian Sleeper, I don't think that it runs on a Saturday night.

sheff1

Established Member
I don't see why there would be. If the timetable is going to be changed, surely best to give as much notice as possible.

Brissle Girl

Established Member
I have to go from Milngavie - Euston on the 27th

My itinerary is as follows:

22:44 Milngavie - Glasgow Central
23:40 Glasgow Central - London Euston

I won't be able to get there (Milngavie) until after 21:30 and the last train leaves just after 20:00.

Are there any rules/regulations stopping them from removing services from the timetable so soon?
Really? You haven’t noticed that much of the country (and indeed the world) is rapidly grinding to a halt in an attempt to save maybe hundreds of thousands of lives?

If your journey is still necessary then suggest you book a cab or Uber to ensure you get to Glasgow Central in time. My phone suggests it should take around 25 mins, and I doubt there will be much other traffic to hold your cab up.

Altnabreac

Established Member
As of today First Scotland is saying that the 60A will be running next week. If so there will be a 22.05 bus from Milngavie getting to Union St, Central Station at 22.42.

If not running by next week then a taxi will be your best bet.

Bertie the bus

Established Member
Caledonian Sleeper website says all bookings for the Lowlander from Thursday 26th March to 30th May 2020 have been cancelled, so not much point getting to Glasgow Central.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Caledonian Sleeper website says all bookings for the Lowlander from Thursday 26th March to 30th May 2020 have been cancelled, so not much point getting to Glasgow Central.

It's the bookings that have been cancelled, not the trains. So if you were booked to travel between those dates, the reservation has been cancelled and the money will be refunded.

If one absolutely must travel, you can rebook for travel between those dates at the moment.

It's not entirely unlikely they will be cancelled full stop at some however.

Lowlander Services on Thursday 26th March to 30th May 2020

Please note, guests booked to travel on the Lowlander services, all of these reservations have been cancelled until 30th May 2020. If you wish to travel on this service then you will have to rebook via our website.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If the Highlander is operating then travelling via Dalmuir could be an option.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
If the Highlander is operating then travelling via Dalmuir could be an option.

The Fort William portion is one of the cancelled ones, so Glasgow Central is about the closest sleeper-served station to Milngavie.

Status
Not open for further replies.