• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail HST Introduction - Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Esker-pades

Established Member
That means with the 1 unrefurbished set that's out at the moment (assuming that the other two are used for staff training still), there are 12 sets available to cover 10 diagrams per day. Still a good few sets off being able to cover everything.

Highlandspring

Established Member
That means with the 1 unrefurbished set that's out at the moment (assuming that the other two are used for staff training still), there are 12 sets available to cover 10 diagrams per day. Still a good few sets off being able to cover everything.
Just to clarify -
HA01 to HA11 are the unrefurbished sets available for traffic, though of them a few will be on exam or TPM at any one time.
HA12 was a dedicated training set but returned to storage in England last month for some reason
HA13 is a training set (all TS vehicles, no TGS)
HA25 and HA26 are refurbished sets, HA25 being used for training at the moment

sd0733

Established Member
2 HSTs following each other through Haymarket earlier. 2 inte7city power cars on a gwr green set on 1320 departure from Haymarket ex Inverness and a blue set on 1329 which i think came from Aberdeen

nat67

Established Member
2 HSTs following each other through Haymarket earlier. 2 inte7city power cars on a gwr green set on 1320 departure from Haymarket ex Inverness and a blue set on 1329 which i think came from Aberdeen
I believe the Ex Inverness is the 0944 from their.

InvHst

Can we all just take a minute and actually appreciate for the first time since they begun service the 0944 out of Inverness which was the service that hardly ever run as a hat this past week has actually run the full 6 days I'm shocked

nat67

Established Member
Can we all just take a minute and actually appreciate for the first time since they begun service the 0944 out of Inverness which was the service that hardly ever run as a hat this past week has actually run the full 6 days I'm shocked
They seem to be finally getting into the swing as more drivers have been trained and some services seeing a lot more solid HST action.

How regular has the late night Aberdeen to Inverness working been lately? It's the last bit of HST track I need in Scotland now

On Moderation
HA12 was a dedicated training set but returned to storage in England last month for some reason
No: two vehicles (TS) to Wabtec for refurbishment and two (TGS and TRBF - which are not in the overhaul programme) to Ely off lease.

InvHst

How regular has the late night Aberdeen to Inverness working been lately? It's the last bit of HST track I need in Scotland now

Hit and miss tbh formed of a 170 tonight but that hst diagram was in for exam ran last night I believe and has run most of last week. Sunday's are usually better for hsts on inverness to Aberdeen they have more diagrams soo more chance. Obviously depends on this engineering works between Dundee and aberdeeA on Sundays the amount of hsts available up their

Highland37

Established Member
Still in Wabtec yard this morning observed from the top of the car park....

SC 43090

"imminent" can mean "it might be soon, but we have no idea". Has it moved away from Wabtec yet? 23 sets in ten months required now.

InOban

Established Member
I'll believe nothing until a delivery path appears in RTT. And even then....

L+Y

Visiting Glasgow and Edinburgh for the next few days and fancied a ride out by HST- are there any relatively regular workings, from Glasgow especially? Or is it still largely pot luck?

route101

Established Member
Visiting Glasgow and Edinburgh for the next few days and fancied a ride out by HST- are there any relatively regular workings, from Glasgow especially? Or is it still largely pot luck?

Try the early services either the 838 or 938 to Aberdeen , seem to be good chance for HST . Inverness services , ive not heard many being HSTs

InvHst

Try the early services either the 838 or 938 to Aberdeen , seem to be good chance for HST . Inverness services , ive not heard many being HSTs
That's cause on a weekday their is only 1 scheduled Inverness to Glasgow hst which is 1725 out of Inverness

chuff chuff

Getting them out is the hard bit,I'm barely into double figures for hst runs both refurb and classic not very impressive considering I first drove them in passenger service in mid October.

And again,two runs meant to be HST............naw 170.

FQTV

How has ScotRail been dealing with seat reservations when a booked HST has been replaced by (say) a 170?

Have they been restricting reservations to (say) 170 levels to avoid too much trouble?

I ask as I have just booked an Advance from Inverness to Edinburgh in April, and both the number of First Advances available and then the seat numbers allocated gave it away as being HST-scheduled. Obviously, if it doesn't turn up, it could be slightly tricky.

Morayshire

Well the brakes certainly work on 43132 & 43146. Am currently sat on the 18:37 from Aberdeen to Glasgow Queen Street and we have come to a very quick halt somewhere to the north of Laurencekirk. That counts as my first ever emergency stop on any train ever.

Highlandspring

Established Member
Well the brakes certainly work on 43132 & 43146. Am currently sat on the 18:37 from Aberdeen to Glasgow Queen Street and we have come to a very quick halt somewhere to the north of Laurencekirk. That counts as my first ever emergency stop on any train ever.
A train going the other way was struck by 'something' as it passed your train.

Morayshire

That is what the guard just told us. Off again and back up to speed very quickly. I really do like these mini HSTs. Makes everything else seem slow in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.