• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail "Inter7City" HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIKN

Hi I'm relatively new to the forum , can anyone please tell me what the ' make up' of a typical 5 or sic car ( recently spoken if alongside 7 car ) in a rail publication. What I mean us for example , I have X2 TGFB( plan to.have a ' first by each engine on my layout ) .'TSD'
'TSL'
And ' TS' .

IS this the correct layout for a five plus car layout on inter7city ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Hi I'm relatively new to the forum , can anyone please tell me what the ' make up' of a typical 5 or sic car ( recently spoken if alongside 7 car ) in a rail publication. What I mean us for example , I have X2 TGFB( plan to.have a ' first by each engine on my layout ) .'TSD'
'TSL'
And ' TS' .

IS this the correct layout for a five plus car layout on inter7city ?

All sets are currently 4-car:

DM - Driving Motor
TGFB - Trailer Guard First Buffet
TSD - Trailer Standard Disabled
TSB - Trailer Standard Bicycle
TSL - Trailer Standard Lavatory
DM - Driving Motor

So only one First Class/buffet (TGFB).

For a five-car there is planned to be an extra TSL between the TSL and DM vehicles but there have been rumours of using TGS (Trailer Guard Standard) vehicles to address the cycle storage issues.

43 302

Established Member
Does anyone have access to the Inter7City diagrams at the moment? I have access to the gen on the day but would like the regular diagrams under this timetable if anyone has them. Cheers.

route101

Established Member
I checked RTT to see what is operating . Scotrail arent publishing a timetable right now

Vasco Troni

Hello friends!

I've read that as of May 2020 all HST's were refurbished and in service. My question is: from Inverness, all direct trains to Edinburgh and Glasgow are now HST's?

Best regards,
Vasco ;)

43 302

Established Member
Hello friends!

I've read that as of May 2020 all HST's were refurbished and in service. My question is: from Inverness, all direct trains to Edinburgh and Glasgow are now HST's?

Best regards,
Vasco ;)
All ScotRail operated HST sets are refurbished with sliding doors etc. There are still a few sets to be delivered. I'm not sure as I don't frequent the area, but I believe most, but not all, Inverness to Central belt services are HST operated. If you use this website, you can see what rolling stock is allocated to a service. Hope this helps :D
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C60672/2020-10-23

Established Member
Hello friends!

Best regards,
Vasco ;)
Roughly half of Highland Main Line services operate as HSTs, with rest a mixture of 170s and 158s.

This is a problem for users because it prevents introduction of the accelerated timetable originally promised for December 2018. Before Covid it also meant that many services operated as very overcrowded.

My guess is that it'll be at least another year before the accelerated timetable dependent on HSTs will be introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.