• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cakefiend

For those that passed stage 1, how long did you have to wait for stage 2 assessment? Only really practicing for stage 1 at the moment but worried about being caught off guard if they say something like come back tomorrow if you pass.

AMS5795

Have a look through this thread! Everything you need to know about the process is in here.
I've had a look through however I'm unsure if the reaction test is still a thing? or is it just the joysticks, perception test with the quick picture and the vigilance test?

TriumphRat

I've had a look through however I'm unsure if the reaction test is still a thing? or is it just the joysticks, perception test with the quick picture and the vigilance test?
There's 3 computerised tests.
First up is the 30 minute concentration/reaction test - flashing grey square where you react/acknowledge when it flashes black.

Next for me was the ATATV traffic perception test - random image of a street scene pops up for a very short time (I'd say max 1 second) and you select what you saw from a set list (car, bicycle, pedestrians etc). This one was probably the toughest for me. Was convinced I'd fudged it.

Last was the 2 hand coordination - guide a ball round a shape with two joysticks. As others have said a lot on this thread, the joysticks are very sensitive so take your time with the practice shot.

You'll also do the Situational Judgement Exercise which is about 21 questions where you're given scenarios and asked to pick the multiple choice answer you believe to be the best response/action. We did this test first.

If you get through all that, you'll end with the MMI interview.

AMS5795

First up is the 30 minute concentration/reaction test - flashing grey square where you react/acknowledge when it flashes black.

Next for me was the ATATV traffic perception test - random image of a street scene pops up for a very short time (I'd say max 1 second) and you select what you saw from a set list (car, bicycle, pedestrians etc). This one was probably the toughest for me. Was convinced I'd fudged it.

Last was the 2 hand coordination - guide a ball round a shape with two joysticks. As others have said a lot on this thread, the joysticks are very sensitive so take your time with the practice shot.

You'll also do the Situational Judgement Exercise which is about 21 questions where you're given scenarios and asked to pick the multiple choice answer you believe to be the best response/action. We did this test first.

Ideal mate, thanks for the reply!

Dispatcherr

Hi, are you an external applicant? Or Internal.

For those that passed stage 1, how long did you have to wait for stage 2 assessment? Only really practicing for stage 1 at the moment but worried about being caught off guard if they say something like come back tomorrow if you pass.
Should be interview with DTM /OTM then 2nd testing stage if successful. Could be different for externals rather than Internal applicants

TriumphRat

I was external. Applied pre-covid and was in a holding pattern for 3 years. Been training for about 9 months now.

As an external, the DMI was indeed between the two rounds of psychometric tests.

Dispatcherr

Hi,

Just wondering I've just had my interview with the Dtm's/Ops managers for Trainee Trian Driver position. I thought it went well but im not sure with the poker faces they had haha. Anyways how long did yous take to here back? I'm a Internal candidate. I did see them both ticking one side of the paper they had but that's about it.

Thanks

D

AMS5795

For internal candidates in part 2 of the driver assessment, do you sit the Situational Judgment and the MMI as well as the computer assessments?

LoogaBarooga

Yeah you do the situational judgement first, then you do the three computerised tests back to back.

If you pass those then you do the MMI.

Toastal

Hi folks, do any of you good people know wether drivers are required at some point going forward out of Helensburgh? If so, would anybody be able to shed any light as to what the shift pattern is there? Is it a single rtn to Edi everyday or a bit more varied? Many thanks in advance and all the best, T

Dispatcherr

Hi folks, do any of you good people know wether drivers are required at some point going forward out of Helensburgh? If so, would anybody be able to shed any light as to what the shift pattern is there? Is it a single rtn to Edi everyday or a bit more varied? Many thanks in advance and all the best, T
Yoker depot Drivers cover Helensburgh, 2 Links at Yoker.

Rail455

Hi. I’ve recently been logging into the application status page to see if there has been any movement on my application.

For a while now it’s said “under consideration” however it has since disappeared and just says “0 Applications in your profile”.

Does this mean that they have simply reviewed it and dismissed the application?

I know the application status site is not always the best for checking the actual status of an application so I just wanted to ask to see if anyone knew anything or were maybe in a similar situation.

Thanks.